corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Tommy L

User status: Offline
23rd May 11 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Heard a rumour we could sign Berbatov

crack on
Apparently Berba used to sleep in a newcastle shirt...
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
agree with Ben D also, gonna be hard to attract massive names this year with no CL football again at Liverpool, and 5 teams in an arguably better position

Of course it's a harder job selling a club with no European football but I'd expect to be able to compete with Spurs easily enough. City and the other 3, not so much.
Russ

23rd May 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I assure you we'll be in the mix for top 4 next season

that mother fucker is being quoted
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
I assure you we'll be in the mix for top 4 next season

that mother fucker is being quoted

Quote away Russ
mwg

23rd May 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

Next season will defo be Liverpools. Just like it was in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 etc.
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Next season will defo be Liverpools. Just like it was in 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 etc.

I'm not saying we're going to challenge for the league, just that we'll be in the mix for 4th. If you look at our starting 11 we've been able to beat good sides, if we add some more quality to the squad (or demote some of our 1st 11 to squad players if we upgrade on them) we will be capable of overcoming some of the lower league teams and therefore won't be losing anywhere near 14 games in the league next season.

I'm happy to be looked upon as underdogs for 4th
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Yea i think you might be right, the fact that you have a history almost as impressive as Manchester United's must be attractive to some players

I suppose you could always sell the fact that your not being in a european competition will work in your favour as you can focus solely on the league, However it's going to be harder than ever for you lot to break back into the top 4 imo opinion though regardless of who you sign with the emergence of City & spurs [who have said they will use the Europa League to as an opertunity to play their kids so they can focus on the legaue too]

Please don't make me break out the 5times.jpeg I'm happy to be written off, but I assure you we'll be in the mix for top 4 next season. We have stability and people with a winning mentality working on it, at the very least we will make improvement in all/most of the positions I listed above.

People seem to be forgetting that during our good run since Jan we've been missing Gerrard, Agger, Kelly, Johnson, for large parts and in the process we've managed to bring in 3/4 youth players who don't look out of place, that kind of competition alone (before considering new signings) is really important for us going forwards.

Well you could but then i would just have to remind you how many Premier league & Fa cups we have won and it would get embarrassing I don't doubt you will make improvements as i think your current crop have too many average players tbh and you've done well in spite of this to get to 6th. and a few of them are largely overrated, Johnson being one of them.

I Just noticed Gerrard is 31 next week too he's getting on abit and it's worrying [only as an England fan of course] that he hasn't particularly impressed this year, whether its hang over from the world cup or not i don't know but he hasn't looked the same to me this season.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Ben D]
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Well you could but then i would just have to remind you how many Premier league & Fa cups we have won and it would get embarrassing I don't doubt you will make improvements as i think your current crop have too many average players tbh and you've done well in spite of this to get to 6th. and a few of them are largely overrated, Johnson being one of them.

I Just noticed Gerrard is 31 next week too he's getting on abit and it's worrying [only as an England fan of course] that he hasn't particularly impressed this year, whether its hang over from the world cup or not i don't know but he hasn't looked the same to me this season.

I'm not biting kidda

We've changed managers 3 times in a year, the fact that our 'average' players and our kids were able to step up in the absence of our overrated/underperforming senior players says alot about what a decent manager can get out of players.

Gerrard needs to improve next season, and I expect he will after a nice long break.
Russ

23rd May 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

still lost to Villa spurs west brom west ham blackpool
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

I'm not biting kidda

We've changed managers 3 times in a year, the fact that our 'average' players and our kids were able to step up in the absence of our overrated/underperforming senior players says alot about what a decent manager can get out of players.

Gerrard needs to improve next season, and I expect he will after a nice long break.

You've only changed twice haven't you? Benitez to Woy, Then Woy to Kenneth? And i wasn't having a go, I was quite sincerely saying i think you did well ending up 6th considering.
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Newcastle

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Tommy L]
Russ

23rd May 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

no shame in losing to newcastle imo
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

They actually lost to Blackpool twice this year :O
Russ

23rd May 11 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member

once with woy so i didnt count that, same as i didnt count losing to wolves at anfield
Mad Moe

23rd May 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Just seen a load of gossip from yesterday,
Pardew has said we're close to signing an "international player". Reports are it's a central midfielder who's playing in europe and has been battling relegation.
We're meant to be favourites to bring N'Zogbia back and also to sign Sturridge
Wouldn't mind either of those TBH

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Conway563]

I think we'll end up with Carlton Cole for about £5m-£6m, Seb Larrson for about £3m and Upson on a free, with the fat cunt pocketing the rest
Russ

23rd May 11 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

we should have end of season match day awards
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

In transfer related news...

According to the daily mail Sunderland are going to buy dj Campbell from Blackpool for £750,000 bit of a poor replacement for the likes of Bent & Welbeck if you ask me, or even Gyan if he does end up being bought by a bigger club as expected

mwg

23rd May 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

I think we may have done last year or the year before. Maybe I imagined it though.
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Just seen a load of gossip from yesterday,
Pardew has said we're close to signing an "international player". Reports are it's a central midfielder who's playing in europe and has been battling relegation.
We're meant to be favourites to bring N'Zogbia back and also to sign Sturridge
Wouldn't mind either of those TBH

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Conway563]

I think we'll end up with Carlton Cole for about £5m-£6m, Seb Larrson for about £3m and Upson on a free, with the fat cunt pocketing the rest
I hope we don't sign Carlton Fucking Cole.
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

God only knows. Hopefully several players out and several players in.

Players I'd LIKE to see come in

Hazard (yes ginger boy he genuinely is as good as the hype)
Benzema
Lukaku might be a good shout for his strength if he suppsoedly is the next Drogba but not sure how that would fit into the team
A big tall strong angry centre back, preferably a member of the serbian mafia (Subotic would be good but i hear he is ratehr a fan of his current team )
Cahill or Jagielka

OUT

Denilson
Arshavin (if for £££)
Rosicky ()
Bendtner (if for £££)
Almunia
Squillachi
Eboue ()
chrisritch

23rd May 11 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

no one will pay £££ for bender, he's dog shit.
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

well firstly hes not dogshit is he. secondly i think they would, he'd suit a slower league so much better - germany or italy would be perfect and i think he'd score a shedload
chrisritch

23rd May 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
well firstly hes not dogshit is he. secondly i think they would, he'd suit a slower league so much better - germany or italy would be perfect and i think he'd score a shedload

Well firstly he is really, Isn't he.
Nath

23rd May 11 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Well firstly he is really, Isn't he.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but.... I agree.
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

It's one thing to agree with him, but it's another thing to admit it Nath

I'm not saying i don't agree with Chrisritch on this topic

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0149438 seconds