corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
23rd May 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

Im interested to see what happens at Arsenal this summer. Something needs to happen, a pretty big overhaul now I have to admit.

Likely outcome, probably no decent signings
Conway563

23rd May 11 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

Just seen a load of gossip from yesterday,
Pardew has said we're close to signing an "international player". Reports are it's a central midfielder who's playing in europe and has been battling relegation.
We're meant to be favourites to bring N'Zogbia back and also to sign Sturridge
Wouldn't mind either of those TBH

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Conway563]
Russ

23rd May 11 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

sturridge will cost any body 16m, double that if city want him
Conway563

23rd May 11 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Seems to be a lot of arguing over whether it's a permanent or loan deal
Doubt anything will come of it anyway
Rick Draper

23rd May 11 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Mancini said they will just be adding one or two quality players

Rumour has it if we finished 3rd it was 5 Mancini's player's, if we finished 4th it would have been 2 of Kaldhoon's players.
Rick Draper

23rd May 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Im interested to see what happens at Arsenal this summer. Something needs to happen, a pretty big overhaul now I have to admit.

Likely outcome, probably no decent signings

3 players will be signed from a lower division French league and Paedo will say they will cure all your issues
Rick Draper

23rd May 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

Been here and moved on so we wont have him back. Chelsea wanted him so much he went out on loan
chrisritch

23rd May 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

Hope Charlie Adam comes to us this summer. Be nice to sign Diego or Hazard
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

I think your overestimating the lure your club has to potential buyers, I can't see Hazard leaving Lille who have just won their League & will be in next years Champions League to join a club who couldn't even make it into the Europa, I'm not saying it as bait but it would be a step down for him.

also i don't think you will have as much money as rumours would have you believe.
Tom

23rd May 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

Our priorities may well have changed with no EL, so can see us probably getting 3/4 possibly 5 players in and about 7/8/9 out.

Out:
A few who have been on loan; Konchesky, Degen, El zhar, Ecclestone.. possibly Ayala, maybe even Pacheco although we may just send some of them back out on loan again.

Then Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, possibly Ngog who have been with us this season

In:
LB - Possibly not a world class one, Enrique?
CB - One of Jones, Cahill, A.n.other
DM / Playmaker - Depends on Aquilani to an extent, possibly Charlie Adam
Winger(s)/Wide men - 2 of Young, Mata, Marveaux. Would love to see someone like Hazard or Sanchez but doubt it
Striker - Depends on many other factors and the profile/versatiltiy of the targets. We may go for someone who can play as a striker and a wide forward. I'd love us to get someone like Aguero but it's very unlikely.
mwg

23rd May 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

Have you ever watched Hazard play? Cos I haven't and a lot of players that get touted about I haven't seen either so fuck knows if he is any good
chrisritch

23rd May 11 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

Gerrard - Suarez - Aguero

that would be immense
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:

Seems to be a lot of arguing over whether it's a permanent or loan deal
Doubt anything will come of it anyway
I can't see us signing him, not in a million years. Drogba on the other hand
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Our priorities may well have changed with no EL, so can see us probably getting 3/4 possibly 5 players in and about 7/8/9 out.

Out:
A few who have been on loan; Konchesky, Degen, El zhar, Ecclestone.. possibly Ayala, maybe even Pacheco although we may just send some of them back out on loan again.

Then Cole, Poulsen, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, possibly Ngog who have been with us this season

In:
LB - Possibly not a world class one, Enrique?
CB - One of Jones, Cahill, A.n.other
DM / Playmaker - Depends on Aquilani to an extent, possibly Charlie Adam
Winger(s)/Wide men - 2 of Young, Mata, Marveaux. Would love to see someone like Hazard or Sanchez but doubt it
Striker - Depends on many other factors and the profile/versatiltiy of the targets. We may go for someone who can play as a striker and a wide forward. I'd love us to get someone like Aguero but it's very unlikely.

Is Aquilani going to be with you next year? everytime i see his name mentioned it seems Juve don't want to pay much for him?

Cahill would be what £17m alone, & apparently Udinese have just turned down a £31m bid for Sanchez

I think it's going to be tough for your lot to get many big name players in this year especially considering the competition.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Ben D]
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

I think your overestimating the lure your club has to potential buyers, I can't see Hazard leaving Lille who have just won their League & will be in next years Champions League to join a club who couldn't even make it into the Europa, I'm not saying it as bait but it would be a step down for him.

also i don't think you will have as much money as rumours would have you believe.

It depends on loads of things, but I think the signing of Suarez shows the fact that we can sell the club to players based on our ability to compete going forwards. The only other thing for players such as Hazard is that we would be able to probably guarantee first team football and the fact he is young he may see it as more desirable than sitting on the bench at Madrid for example. Obviously with clubs like City and Chelsea who will be looking to add depth and quality to the their squads, and with the ability to pay loads in transfers/wages it'll be even harder again.

I don't think we've got a set budget, but if we identify some players who we think will add something special then they will be willing to back us. Realistically we could be looking at £25m in sales (largely dependant on Aquilani deal) in which case I can see us spending £60-£70m. We were in for Suarez before we knew Torres wanted to leave which tells you that we had at least £20m put aside for January, make of that what you will.
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Have you ever watched Hazard play? Cos I haven't and a lot of players that get touted about I haven't seen either so fuck knows if he is any good

I've not watched much of him this season, but i've seen him first hand at Anfield in last years EL and he looks a really good player, not all just hype at all.
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Is Aquilani going to be with you next year? everytime i see his name mentioned it seems Juve don't want to pay much for him?

Cahill would be what £17m alone, & apparently Udinese have just turned down a £31m bid for Sanchez

I think it's going to be tough for your lot to get many big name players in this year especially considering the competition.

It's up in the air, and been complicated even more now that Del neri has just been given the boot. Aquilani wants to stay, but if we don't get near to what we want then I can see him coming back.

I agree it's going to be tough (per my reply above) but i'm not writing us off, and I half expect us to get at least one 'top' player in.
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member

Heard a rumour we could sign Berbatov
Conway563

23rd May 11 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member

Looks like Forster is gonna be back with us next year after Pardew said the SPL was shit
Russ

23rd May 11 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member

would love to see Sanchez in England, has Man City all over it if tevez goes.

Wonder if wolves could buy a goal keeper, off say, birmingham
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

It's up in the air, and been complicated even more now that Del neri has just been given the boot. Aquilani wants to stay, but if we don't get near to what we want then I can see him coming back.

I agree it's going to be tough (per my reply above) but i'm not writing us off, and I half expect us to get at least one 'top' player in.

Yea i think you might be right, the fact that you have a history almost as impressive as Manchester United's must be attractive to some players

I suppose you could always sell the fact that your not being in a european competition will work in your favour as you can focus solely on the league, However it's going to be harder than ever for you lot to break back into the top 4 imo though regardless of who you sign with the emergence of City & spurs [who have said they will use the Europa League to as an opertunity to play their kids so they can focus on the legaue too]

mwg

23rd May 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Heard a rumour we could sign Berbatov

crack on
Russ

23rd May 11 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

agree with Ben D also, gonna be hard to attract massive names this year with no CL football again at Liverpool, and 5 teams in an arguably better position
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6946546,00.html

Even Pardew thinks the SPL is shit

Edit - Damn you joe

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Tommy L]
Tom

23rd May 11 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Yea i think you might be right, the fact that you have a history almost as impressive as Manchester United's must be attractive to some players

I suppose you could always sell the fact that your not being in a european competition will work in your favour as you can focus solely on the league, However it's going to be harder than ever for you lot to break back into the top 4 imo opinion though regardless of who you sign with the emergence of City & spurs [who have said they will use the Europa League to as an opertunity to play their kids so they can focus on the legaue too]

Please don't make me break out the 5times.jpeg I'm happy to be written off, but I assure you we'll be in the mix for top 4 next season. We have stability and people with a winning mentality working on it, at the very least we will make improvement in all/most of the positions I listed above.

People seem to be forgetting that during our good run since Jan we've been missing Gerrard, Agger, Kelly, Johnson, for large parts and in the process we've managed to bring in 3/4 youth players who don't look out of place, that kind of competition alone (before considering new signings) is really important for us going forwards.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.1151600 seconds