corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike - Help?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike - Help?
Whittie

User status: Offline
31st May 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I did a 13 mile ride yesterday, first time I had used a bike since I was like 16, im so unfit

My left shoulder blade started to hurt, what would have caused this? Seat height? Bar position? Not in line with tyre?
Jamie Walby

31st May 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long did the 13miles take you?
Whittie

31st May 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea mate, about 2 hours? Wasn't hammering it though. Got one of them cycle computers, so will tell you when I leave the office. Loved it though, arse is a bit saw tbh, so maybe need a softer seat

Any idea regards the shoulder hurting?
Jamie Walby

31st May 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My shoulders hurt after riding long distances, no idea what it is though.

Get some padded shorts
AlunJ

1st Jun 11 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 hours? Bloody hell keep it up, bike looks sweet start my velodrome training on Monday
AlunJ

1st Jun 11 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to aches and pains, you'll get used to the worst of it
Whittie

1st Jun 11 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked at the little cycle computer thing, and it was on 1 hr 25 Sounds better to me

Did another 8 miles last night, in around 50 mins, probably shite, but my bum was killing the while way
AlunJ

1st Jun 11 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better I guess you'll get better as time goes by and the pain will go away are you enjoying it?
Jamie Walby

1st Jun 11 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep going Alex mate!

Seriously get some chammois cream and a young lady to apply it for you!!
Dr Pepper

1st Jun 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went out at the weekend and did 28 miles in just under 2 hours ..... was pretty happy with that considering how fucking windy it was. Got my daily 17 mile ride down to an hour as well.

Gonna try a 40 mile ride at the weekend .... hopefully with a mate this time...so much easier if you can take it in turns to be in front.

Seriously need to get some kind of padded shorts- most of the aches and pains are going as I ride more and get used to being on a bike for a while..... but my ass is sore as fuck lol

Im on this...very highly recommended for daily commuting and weekend riding - lovely bike...carbon front forks ftw..so glad I went for them rather than the normal version.

[Edited on 01-06-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Jamie Walby

1st Jun 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some padded shorts like the ones I bought a few weeks ago. The padding looks like a blue and orange scream mask. Here is a picture.

AlunJ

1st Jun 11 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice
Jimbothebarbarian

4th Jun 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went out on mine for an epic 8 hour ride on Thursday. Did 71miles (sorry that should be 114k to fit in with the Lycra crowd) climbed from sea level to the top of the highest local fells down again back up again and so on. Averaged 10 miles an hour and a top speed 0f 42 MPH

Arse hurts like a mans arse should never hurt. Sore shoulders and hands etc. But as it's about twice the time I've spent in the saddle before and I've never done such a fucking mental hilly route before. It's all to be expected.

King of the hills? More fat fucking idiot who should know better...
AlunJ

6th Jun 11 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't fancy covering that sort of distance yet!
Start training at the velodrome tonight, I'm bricking it, the bankings are f**king steep
Jamie Walby

6th Jun 11 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How did you come to getting involved in that Alun?

What you doing for a bike/equipment and will you be competing?
AlunJ

6th Jun 11 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I'm doing my beginners course, so I'm not really involved yet My ex was big into track cycling, was top of one of the leagues even, and she took me down there a while back before I got into cycling so seems sort of the natural progression I guess?
Now I've finally changed away from shift work I can do the course so starting to night, it's 4 monday nights, then you do an improvers course, then you can move on to the accreditation which will allow me to race should I want to.
I don't have a track bike yet but they hire them out, bashed up pinarello's apparently but I've yet to see them. If I get into it probably looking at a dolan or a planet x pro carbon track. Fingers crossed it goes well!

[Edited on 06-06-2011 by AlunJ]
AlunJ

6th Jun 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to update it was amazingly good fun, I was bricking it, I got down to the track with my bike and just wanted to be sick It's strange at first going round you're thinking omg how am I not falling down...! It's not long before you're bombing round though There were a few people lacking confidence to carry a bit of speed round the corners but they'll get the hang of it shortly i'm sure, I think my only real problem was losing my balance a bit when checking over my shoulder, i'll get there!
Jamie Walby

7th Jun 11 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to give this a try!!
AlunJ

7th Jun 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get on it! Get yourself over to calshot fella - supposed to be a hard track that as well! so much fun though
Jamie Walby

8th Jun 11 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just went on their website. Looks pretty good fun!

What sort of pace were you going?
AlunJ

8th Jun 11 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weren't going mega pace, not slowly but not too quick, I couldn't give figures but nothing too strenuous, I and a couple of the lads who were maybe a bit older than me wanted to faster but had trouble with the older lot being slower You'd be amazed you probably don't need to do in excess of 15mph to stay up.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike - Help? 23 database queries in 0.0132129 seconds