corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » replacing front spring on corsa c

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author replacing front spring on corsa c
g12rys

User status: Offline
19th Apr 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, could someone give me step by step instructions on how to replace the front spring on a corsa c. I found plenty for the corsa b but struggling on the c, it only appears to have one nut at the top. any help would be great,
Scotty C

19th Apr 11 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly the same bar undo that one nut to separate the top of the strut from the chassis.

Oh, and a ARB is on connected to the strut. Undo that whilst using a spanner at the back to stop it spinning.
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Apr 11 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically what Scotty said.

Instead of having the two studs either side of the top mount, there's a up/plate that is held on with the nut on top of the piston. Undo that and the ARB droplink then it's the same as for a B.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
g12rys

20th Apr 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the replys, so I presume from what has been said is that the top nut is just holding the struct to the chassis, once undo the assembly will come out complete and the spring can be compressed and removed away from the vechicle (ie the top nut is not part of the assembly that compresses the spring). Any pictures/diagrams would be great.

[Edited on 20-04-2011 by g12rys]

[Edited on 20-04-2011 by g12rys]
AshWatson

20th Apr 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this will help matey =

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=323759

g12rys

20th Apr 11 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the link, spent hours looking for something like that, just need good weather this weekend and an 18mm offset spanner.

New Poll