corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza Turbo 335bhp 315lb/ft - updated rebuild short block fitted- its alive!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza Turbo 335bhp 315lb/ft - updated rebuild short block fitted- its alive!!
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant believe your going to get rid
SetH

2nd Oct 11 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Cant believe your going to get rid

It's a hard decision, change my mind every day!

I had never factored in a rebuild which is why I went for a mint, low mileage uk turbo and not an Sti Version 5/6.

Guess in this instance I was unlucky.

I am not finding the running 2 cars thing much fun either. The Passat needed some work this Summer, 2 lots of insurance, 2 lots of tax etc.

I think this Scoob is too nice to use as a daily, especially through Winter and selling whilst she is mint with a fresh engine might not be a bad idea.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Oct 11 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cars are a pain in the arse!

What would you get instead?
SetH

3rd Oct 11 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the immediate future probably sell the Passat as well and then just go for an all rounder probably another Beemer as will be moving soon. In a couple of years i`ll have more disposable cash and then can go for something that I really want.

Anyway update on the Scoob.

Took it for a dyno session this Morning to check Air:Fuel Ratio, effectively just a health check prior to running in.

Did the run in 3rd gear only at 0.9 bar and 5k rpm and as expected all spot on.

228 bhp and 239 lb/ft @ 5021 rpm @ 0.9 bar

Booked back in on the 21st for Oil/filter change and then full power run at 1.4 bar. Will move onto a Ester full synth, Silkolene PRO S 5W-40.

After that happy days. Still have the flocked roof lining to fit at some point.
taylorboosh

3rd Oct 11 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use the fucker as a daily
3CorsaMeal

4th Oct 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought this scooby was a car you really wanted.

at least now you know the engine is sound

i would keep it and just enjoy it, this whole vision of having an immaculate example of a car sat around for special driving occasions, only ends up costing loads of money, then get sold after little enjoyment from it.

SetH

6th Oct 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3CM very valid point there.

It's not as if its a 22b or a Sierra Cosworth RS500, it's never going to be a 'classic', mint condition or not.

Been driving it around all Week as been of work and enjoying it greatly. Still cant see myself getting into it suited and booted and driving to work & customer sites in it though lol.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza Turbo 335bhp 315lb/ft - updated rebuild short block fitted- its alive!! 23 database queries in 0.0106461 seconds