corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » just fitted x16xe engine wont idle or start properly

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just fitted x16xe engine wont idle or start properly
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
12th Mar 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys just fitted an x16xe engine to my 2000 corsa sport it wont start with out you apllying abit of accelerator and it wont idle at allone have any ideas? runs rough around low revs then clears out at higher revs does anyone have any ideas? really gutted also in the pic is this the idle control valve and could this cause these symtoms? and are the vacuum pipes at the proper places? many thanks lee

AlexW

12th Mar 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure the big blue plug is connected properly, ICV isnt that, its much deeper in the engine lol, I cant explain without a pic.

Most of those vacuums seem ok
SRI-LEE

12th Mar 11 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quick the look on the net says its located on the throttle body so could be the problem il try take it out and replace with anouther one i have thanks mate anyone else any ideas
Phillips_91

13th Mar 11 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy fuck thats alotta blue!

where did you get your hoses from? got a link?

[Edited on 13-03-2011 by Phillips_91]
SRI-LEE

13th Mar 11 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol yeah,samco's off ebay and the blue vacuum pipes from a stall at ists last year but sure youl be able to get them off ebay to,

to take the idle control valve out is it easier to take the throttle body off?

or can you just remove battery top inlet manifold and get to it? many thanks lee
AlexW

13th Mar 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the tools you have lol, I just generally remove the battery, move the header tank to the side, disconnect one or two of the fuel pipes from the fuel rail.
SRI-LEE

13th Mar 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah i see so you didnt have to take the inlet manifold off or the throttle body? thanks lee
Dave_Sport

14th Mar 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check your map sensor in plugged in correctly and the vacuum pipe isn't leaking that connects to it, i had a similar fault with mine and after much head scratching and sensor changing i tracked it to the idle air control valve, its located if i remember correctly at the side of the throttle body, you need to take the throttle body out and then remove the icv, mine was all coked up and full of crap, i soaked it in brake cleaner and made sure the little valve was moving properley and refitted it, its been fine ever since,
its a bit fiddly but makes all the difference,

Dave
SRI-LEE

14th Mar 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Sport
check your map sensor in plugged in correctly and the vacuum pipe isn't leaking that connects to it, i had a similar fault with mine and after much head scratching and sensor changing i tracked it to the idle air control valve, its located if i remember correctly at the side of the throttle body, you need to take the throttle body out and then remove the icv, mine was all coked up and full of crap, i soaked it in brake cleaner and made sure the little valve was moving properley and refitted it, its been fine ever since,
its a bit fiddly but makes all the difference,

Dave

thanks dave the map sensor was plugged in properly all vacuums sealed,but iv removed my icv and its caked up and seized solid so im ordering a new one and fingers crossed it fixes it!

New Poll