corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Planning Permission

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Planning Permission
dannymccann

User status: Offline
10th Feb 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the rules around this? I live on a newbuild estate, Im aware there may be something in my neighbours deeds allowing it...

He has started building the below on to the back of his lounge, the sales lady in the showhome said she was aware of a conservatory going up, and that they dont need planning, but to me, a conservatory has windows for walls, not bricks??

I dont know what, if any, effect its going to have on me as there is a neighbour inbetween, however I dont want him setting a precedent for people to start extending here there and everywhere, especially if he needs and doesnt have planning for what he's built so far.

Is there a way to check granted planning online (in Lincs?)

Simon

10th Feb 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dependent on different counils but you can check what you local 'permitted development' conditions are. Single storey extensions, as long as they are under a certain size are sometimes included in this and so don't need permission.

If you go onto your local council website you will be able to search all local planning applications
dannymccann

10th Feb 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Simon, 'permitted development' was the phrase I needed to search for, looks like based on the PDF from Lincoln County Council its completely legal, wonder how much it cost though, its gone from being not there to that stage in about 2 weeks
Rob_Quads

10th Feb 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

conservatory as such a scam planning/building regs wise.

As long as you play the game well you can get away without either which is silly
ed

10th Feb 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And then you end up with an atrocity attached to the back of your house
Mad Moe

10th Feb 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most authorities allow conservatories as a permitted development so long as they do not project more than 3000mm on Semis and 4000mm on detached with a maximum height of 4000mm any larger and they would usually require planning
--DAN--

10th Feb 11 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that a Haslam Home Danny?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

10th Feb 11 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it only that wall thats brick? as in the other two sides glass, if so it will have been done for privacy.

You wouldn't want your window looking straight into your neighbours garden or a wooden fence.

Depending on size, they don't require planning.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
spencer88

10th Feb 11 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up to 30ft with independant heating should not need permission. He may however need to enter into a party wall act with you.
dannymccann

10th Feb 11 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan - keepmoat homes, think they are small scale to yorkshire/ north lincs.

I understand the privacy thing, just looks a bit big for my liking. He isn't my direct neighbour, the guy next door has lost a fence panel because of it, assume he gave him permission to do it.

I can't see from the other side but assume its bricks on either side and patio doors out onto the garden, never spoke to the blood so didnt really want to go round and start quizzing him on what he's up to
Ben G

10th Feb 11 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from what i remember, as long as it's still a conservatory (which it is) then it doesn't need planning permission.

my dad has done the same on his conservatory because he didn't want a window facing a brick wall.

as long as they have patio doors up to seperate the conservatory from the rest of the house then it's all legal.
Rob_Quads

11th Feb 11 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure the construction needs to be something like 70% glass do you can't get away with two brick sides. Normally its only 1 otherwise its then classed as an extension which is a whole different kettle of fish.

The doors to them is also a funny one. You have to have external grade doors into it which quite a lot of people don't bother with. My brother recently viewed a house where they had an extension and it was open to the living room. Said it was really nice but the seller commented that the doors are in the garage and could be fitted if needed. Hmm me thinks that means it does not comply
Ben G

11th Feb 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats like our's. cunt said the doors were in the garage but they weren't

solicitors said that we'd have to put doors up to make it all legit.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he would of had to agree some form of right to access if that wall ever needs maintaining as he would have to come onto your neighbours land

our local council has a website planning department that you can search etc
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 11 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think this link should be the one you need

http://eplanning.lincolnshire.gov.uk/ePlanning/searchPageLoad.do
dannymccann

11th Feb 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing being returned on that search site, I found a different version of that after hunting around 3CM...I feel like a cunt but I might send a quick pic to the council to get their standpoint on it, at the end of the day I dont want it devaluing my property in any way...
Rob_Quads

11th Feb 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would not bother. It looks pretty standard to be and will not need building or planning.
3CorsaMeal

11th Feb 11 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep i don't think you will be able to get anything done about it.

from his point of view, you wouldn't want to sit in a room with a glazed wall, looking at someones fence. Especially when the fence starts getting old and needs repainting
Dan
Premium Member

11th Feb 11 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see why its an issue?

Like others have said, its a common way to build a conservatory these days.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
N16K

11th Feb 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only problem i can see from the pics is no guttering (ie rain water drains into your property). The build itself looks very normal, like "permitted development rights" (Northern Ireland).

[Edited on 11-02-2011 by N16K]
dannymccann

11th Feb 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guttering went up today, I dont have a problem with it tbh, if he was my direct neighbour I would be a bit more concerned at the end of the day
Ben G

11th Feb 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i'd rather have the wall there then fencing. walls don't tend to blow away in strong winds or need painting.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Feb 11 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the fence not coming back at any point? Would probably look better if your immediate neighbour had a complete fence and not half fence, half wall.
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Feb 11 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Is the fence not coming back at any point? Would probably look better if your immediate neighbour had a complete fence and not half fence, half wall.

I doubt the fence will come back. It looks like the wall is built on the boundary line and as such 'should' require a party wall agreement to bottom out maintenance etc

FWIW re: permitted development.....it's not black and white. I recently saw an extension which seriously stretched the boundarys about what is 'permissible' and after a review it was declined.

Best to get a lawful development certificate http://www.dacorum.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3151#written_confirmation lest you get fucked over when you try to sell

Oh, and I think its brick because of fire transfer not overlooking.

Building regs kick in too if they remove the french/patio doors to the 'conservatory'
dannymccann

12th Feb 11 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye but unless he puts the place up for sale I wont be asking to go inside for a nosey, I've only spoken to him once in the year we've all been living here, my neighbour separating us is an older chap and a solicitor himself (not sure what field) but he must have something about him to know its all hunky dorey...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll