corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » House Plans

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author House Plans
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Feb 08 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After having our second meeting with the planning department and an in depth conversation with the planners in my local area; they've given me some pointers and I've started to draw up my own plans; no real structural changes to the standard shell; only single story extensions, one small one to the side, a Porch to go on the front (not done yet) and the large living room/conservatory extension.

We just tip over 85metres cubed of extensions but we wouldn't have been able to keep under the cut off for planning permission of 70 metres cubed. The planner doesn't think we'll have any problems though as most of the road has extended by similar or greater amounts.

What do yo think? Excuse the lack of windows, chimney, doors etc; only properly started it tonight.

RichR
Premium Member

9th Feb 08 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plan is to build the Lean-To roof as a permanent structure and pnce we've finished the first lot of building work/planning etc we'll submit planning to put garage doors on the front of it
Simon

9th Feb 08 at 01:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the angle of the new roofs? Look pretty shallow, if you have to use matching tiles to existing check what angle you can go down to
RichR
Premium Member

9th Feb 08 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, angles fairly steep; just off the standard roof pitch. It might be the perspective on the model
a_j_mair

10th Feb 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure how they work down there but it goes by meters squared floor area up here as opposed to cubed. You can extend up to 50%
RichR
Premium Member

11th Feb 08 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

local council offers 70 cubic metres for semi detatched/detached or 50 cubic metres for terraced houses before planning permission is required. Above that figure you require building regs as well as planning permission. I think there is a cap but its based on the overall land with the property as well as the original footprint. Wither way we're considerably over the 70 metres cubed, but below the maximum

New Poll