corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gearstick moves when accelerating and decelerating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gearstick moves when accelerating and decelerating
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
20th Jan 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys need a bit of help please,iv just fitted an x16xe engine to my 2000 corsa sport originally a x14xe also removed aircon and fitted a quickshift with mtech bushes bin on its first run tonight and when you accelerate the gearstick moves backwards towards the rear of the car then when you back off the throttle it goes back to where it was has anyone any ideas what could cause this? all gears select fine and are as they should be its puzzled me many thannks for any help
Generation

20th Jan 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottom engine mount bush?
SRI-LEE

20th Jan 11 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it looks ok any easy way of telling?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's normal mate.

The engine moves as the revs change, you'll always get some movement but the new linkage bushes make it more obvious, old worn ones will take up some of the play and make it less noticeable, whereas the new stiff ones don't have that play so the movement is pretty much instantaneous with the engine
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Jan 11 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine mount problem mate. Mine did exactly the same. When giving it some stick you could feel the gear stick moving in your hand. Mine turned out to be a missing bolt on the front gearbox mount
JaffaTB

21st Jan 11 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^what shaun said, but mine turned out to be the drivers side mount had come a bit loose
SRI-LEE

21st Jan 11 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok guys thanks for the help ov gone round most of the bolts while it was jacked up on my drive but now its on the road i can get it on a lift at work and get a bar on them all so il try that tomorrow hopefully itl sort my problem to!, cause its not just abit of movement its almost pulling it into 2nd when accelerating hard in first! dont like it at all
AlexW

21st Jan 11 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fit new rubber mounts, Your get off the line quicker too.

I have a new rear one for sale lol.

New Poll