corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hesistation when maintaining speed - X16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hesistation when maintaining speed - X16XE
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 09 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A couple of weeks ago, I had hesistation under acceleration, and it got pretty bad within 400 miles, which was all in one day of driving.

The next day I checked the spark plugs, and they were pretty black so chucked in a new set and it cured the problem.

Now this week, its come back, only this time the car hesistates when holding a constant speed - its sort of like its kangarooing along the road. When accelerating or decelerating, its fine.

Any ideas?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

2nd Feb 09 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
RCS

2nd Feb 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EML at all?

tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

2nd Feb 09 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, not at all.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

2nd Feb 09 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody else got any ideas?
RCS

2nd Feb 09 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't you an engineer?

Leads
Coilpack
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

2nd Feb 09 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCS
Aren't you an engineer?

Leads
Coilpack

Cheeky

Indeed I am I did think of the coilpack, but didn't want to suggest it - you know these things go. I suggest coilpack, everyone agrees as its simpler, I buy a coilpack, it doesnt work

Leads were changed about 5k ago, so shouldn't be them, although I may try them next as I priced up a coilpack today - local motorfactors wanted £99.52 + VAT or something, and I don't fancy that
mattk

2nd Feb 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My saxo started doing this and it was the problem that eventually made me sell it

just joined the M4 from the M50 at 1am, pissing it down, and as you said accelerating was fine then as soon as I stopped and maintainded speed it was miss-firing very badly. Limped to Cardiff and parked up for the weekend, drove 200 miles home with it the same and took it to the garage and he diagnosed it as the coilpack......... So I sold it
RCS

2nd Feb 09 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha you just need to do a bit of reverse engineering my friend.

It's either going to be an ignition fault or something affecting the fuelling. Ignition faults are easier to elimanate.

My Vectra is doing the exact same thing, I just can't be arsed looking into it!

Just get a second hand coilpack, you'll pay £10er max!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

2nd Feb 09 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilpack is probably a good shout then Matt - one of my mates had a similar problem with his Fiesta, although his did it under acceleration.

He changed the plugs, and it must have improved the spark slightly as it was perfect for 3 weeks, but then came back again. He changed the coilpack (for a measly £40 brand new) and its been fine since.

I just need to find a cheaper one then!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

2nd Feb 09 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCS
It's either going to be an ignition fault or something affecting the fuelling. Ignition faults are easier to elimanate.

I did realise that I haven't changed the fuel filter in the 3 years I've owned it, and recently put a bottle of Redex through, so hopefully thats just clogged up the filter.

If I'm right, you can check a coilpacks operation from reading its resistances, can't you? Although being an intermittent fault, it may not show up anyway!

Cheers for the help Rich (I think that's your name )

geth_16vsport

3rd Feb 09 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this sound what was happening to my car on the MAP sensor one of the wires was snaped and it was running like a cunt
Steve X16XE

3rd Feb 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Now this week, its come back, only this time the car hesistates when holding a constant speed - its sort of like its kangarooing along the road. When accelerating or decelerating, its fine.

Mine is doing this too. I found a way round it.... boot it all the time. Problem solved!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

3rd Feb 09 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes

Mine is doing this too. I found a way round it.... boot it all the time. Problem solved!

Sort of did that in the roadworks on the M4 on Saturday Steve

It will hold speed fine at 80, but doing 50 or so, it hesistates, so i slowed to 40, then slowly accelerated up to 60ish and the car in front, then slowed again......

Did that for about 6 miles in a contraflow
Kenzie

3rd Feb 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So does this kangarooing only happen when you only have your foot slightly on the accelerator? i.e. just 'tickling' it?

Mine does the same every now and then...
chunky_nb

4th Feb 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geth_16vsport
this sound what was happening to my car on the MAP sensor one of the wires was snaped and it was running like a cunt

wheres the map sensor as mine is running poo, low down revs is flat and hesitant when accelerating, dropping down the revs it makes an inconsistent rumbling noise, when i start it from cold or warm it sits on 500revs till i bring it up to 1200 (before the choke kicks in)

sorry im hikacking your thread tom
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Feb 09 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the Air Filter too

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll