corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Gearbox / Gear Linkage?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gearbox / Gear Linkage?
Tweek10

User status: Offline
15th Jan 11 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, Been a member a little while now but not posted yet. I'm not really a vaux guy so could use some opinions please

Since I've had the car (99 Corsa TD) the gear stick has always been a bit loose and jumpy but now it's really starting to play up. I kinda think the gearbox has had enough but at the same time have also heard the linkages are a common fault too.

Symptoms:

gearstick bouncing all over the place
gears 2 and 4 - can pull the gearstick back well past their engagement points
reversing up a slope the gearstick moves from top-left to bottom left and you can't push it back
clanking from under the car
very hard to put it into gear when warmer

clutch seems ok, can stick it in 2nd and it'll pull away without throttle just fine.

Cheers

Just uploaded a video of some of the issues to help understand a bit more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo2AJXPucWQ

[Edited on 15-01-2011 by Tweek10]

New Poll