corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ITB'D C20XE Time Attack corsa, Season finished 2nd in class SOLD AND GONE..

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ITB'D C20XE Time Attack corsa, Season finished 2nd in class SOLD AND GONE..
M Sutton

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 13 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done dude
carl roper

2nd Apr 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Congratulations what a result!
daine
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 08:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Neil, just waiting on the video coverage now mate and an up date on what
your changing on the car for the next round.
eckers90

3rd Apr 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUY5IAr4Pdw&feature=youtu.be
courtesy of neil
SteveoBC
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome result buddy, well done!

lap looks good, car sounds the nuts, looking forwrd to the write up
AK

3rd Apr 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff... still some time to gain too

What was the reason for the gear choice coming through the mountain section? Watching it from the stands, it seemed you were always a gear too high and out of powerband :S
Corsa-Mitch

3rd Apr 13 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work mate! Great result!
Ben J

3rd Apr 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great result. Car looks and sounds awesome!
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Apr 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some great pics of it on Rich Sams FB page

N13L X B

3rd Apr 13 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks all really pleased that i just got quickest.
N13L X B

3rd Apr 13 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
good stuff... still some time to gain too

What was the reason for the gear choice coming through the mountain section? Watching it from the stands, it seemed you were always a gear too high and out of powerband :S

It was better for the car mate, 2nd was to low and with struggling with gear linkage all day it was more of a risk, instead i carried more speed through the corner and let 3rd pick back up

ArdenblueDan

3rd Apr 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done matey
daine
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Face book pic's look spot on Neil, bottom of mountain your concentration look's immense
daine
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks brilliant Neil, well done Dude
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

6th Apr 13 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a good photo!!

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Warren G

6th Apr 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im trying to find the lap times...

what sort of times were you doing? whats the competition?

Congrats though!
BenC1985

6th Apr 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the vid. Sounds amazing!!! Well done with the result. Bet your happy.
Mark.W

6th Apr 13 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
What a good photo!!
chris_uk
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 00:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
im trying to find the lap times...

what sort of times were you doing? whats the competition?

Congrats though!

Warm Up - 1'49.152
Practice - 1'46.773
Qual - 1'54.687
Final - 1'45.924
N13L X B

8th Apr 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right then lads not really found the time to report on cadwell park up intill now.

First of all we loaded the car on the trailer on sunday afternoon ready for an early night to get ready to leave for cadwell at 3am, this didnt happen i was fucking about till about 9.30 then went bed but couldnt sleep. Got about an hour in before my alarm went off at 2.30 . Anyway had a really good jorney there and arrived at the track eariler than expected as it was still dark, my dad and bro had about another hour sleep but i didnt get a wink lol.

Signed in and that and although id asked to be the number 76 (same as last year) they decided i was to be number 53 so that did my head in a bit, had to rush round geting the old numbers off and only found some crapy black numbers to put on which looked dhite lol .Soon flew through scrutineering and sound check though as to be expected.

1st Session (Warm up)

Went out to drive the car for the first time since snetterton last year, it felt hurrendous lol. Forgot how heavy footed you have to be with it as i was use to only driving the s14 quick. After trying to find my way round cadwell the rear brakes seemed to be dragging quite a bit, and the brand new clutch (not really bed in) was stinking because of the drag. oh and i was struggling with the gear linkage trying to find 3rd and 4th. I was about to pull into the pits to give the car a check over and talk it through with the old man, but 1 of the 350z's had a bit of a bad bump in hall bends which bought a red flag out so we were all back to the pits anyway while they cleaned up. We tinkered with he linkage and checked over everything else and decided to just go back out once the track re opened for a couple more laps. I must of been getting into it at this point, the rear brakes free'd off i could find the gears alot better and i could then concertrate on learning the track lines as id never drove Cadwell before then. Ended up not doing a bad lap time and felt alot more comfortable

2nd session (practice)

After tweaking the gear linkage more and happier with that i went out again. Really good session got a good few laps in on my older set of 888's and got to chase a few higher powered cars around too
Getting the lines of the track better to, came out with 1st quickest in class with plenty more to gain.

3rd session (Qualifying).

Hold my hands up on this 1, messed up abit. Used this session to scrub up my new r888's and didnt push for any hard laps as i knew they would put us all out for the final anyway. I didnt realise (like a twat ) that qualifying was a point scoring session so the Tdi North civic qualified 1st taking 50 points and i 2nd took 40 (un knowingly to me lol) Anyway was happy with everything so just waited for the final.

4th session (Final)

Was all ready for this 1, let all the big boys go first and found myself a nice bit of space to put in some hot laps, did 1 or 2 out laps to get everything up to temp and went for it. Got held up once or twice by slower moving cars and pushed a little to hard in areas making me scruffy. Then i managed to pull it all together and did about 3 shit hot laps in a row, the car felt great and i was thinking in the back of my head that it was enough, did a calmer lap to relax a bit and turned out it was the end of the session anyway, on the in lap drove past where all my mates were standing and they were all climbing in the fence with 1 finger in the air shouting 'one' lol (they heard it over the tanoy and the commentator was apparently praising the little corsa )

For those of you they aint seen heres my best lap times of the day

Warm Up - 1'49.152
Practice - 1'46.773
Qual - 1'54.687
Final - 1'45.924 Civic in second got 1:46.5 so less than a seccond in it

And heres an on board vid of the quickest lap in the final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUY5IAr4Pdw&feature=youtu.be
courtesy

Favorite pics form the day

So 2nd round is at Croft in 5 weeks time, few things to do to the car beforehand but im comfortably ready for it.

Cheers all
N13L X B

8th Apr 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh forgot to say means me and the civic of TDi North will be going into the next round tie'd at 140 points each.

All to play for
*CorsaCal*

9th Apr 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one mate. Best of luck for the rest of the series!
M Sutton

9th Apr 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good write up! Well done as said before
Mieran

9th Apr 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to see a car that doesn't cost that much (compared to other TA cars) doing well
Simon_16v

10th Apr 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, I'm going to be coming to the Croft round for definite!

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ITB'D C20XE Time Attack corsa, Season finished 2nd in class SOLD AND GONE.. 24 database queries in 0.1127150 seconds