corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » So my ginge xe'd corsa died.. burnt wires.. help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So my ginge xe'd corsa died.. burnt wires.. help!
Chadicles

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soo i have a Ginger (standard orange/gold) corsa running a c20xe dizzy engine

Lastnight it started dying for a split second at low rpm under load (note it was more of a hesertating then a miss), did it every now and then but this time it was getting worse, eventually it died n sounded bogged out and there was a smell of a plasticy burning! got towed home, investergated and a wire from the ignition amplifier to the coil had completly burnt out was detached from either end! problem i got now is why has it done it and what else has been damaged! if anyone has any ideas or help please let me know... also if anyone has or knows of a c20xe or 20xe coil and ignition amplifier (Off an early engine running a distributor not a coil pack) for sale please let me know =)
ecclesturbo

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 11 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all parts here pal

New Poll