corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're not Prem
saj_123

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dam I wanted to get one. Oh well.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian - I have the red message can I renew via PayPal again like last year?

ian@corsasport.co.uk (is it still?)

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
MJFF88

3rd Jan 11 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Sam - I don't have a business case at present so effectively it's not a good investment. I know it probably is, but I can't justify it on the books.

Mike - what was the other username?

mikeef I think
DannyB
Premium Member

3rd Jan 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

banned
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Jan 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

Yeah that's the one.
MJFF88

3rd Jan 11 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Anty
could do it now though
Pay someone - ian@corsasport.co.uk - gift

Let me know when you've done it and I'll run the upgrade manually.

Jamie-C

4th Jan 11 at 05:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay for premium, I don't go to the shows and eat all Stes burgers, I don't really use the photo upload thing, and I never go into PL

God knows why I'm prem.

I get the feeling non prem members don't get taken as serious/ignored at the best of times.
Mark.W

4th Jan 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv just getting the red writing renew message
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 11 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for some reason its not the £12.50 out of my pocket that stops me paying out, its the putting £12.50 into Ians that puts me off.

i feel that because everyone else pays, my £12.50 wouldn't make much difference.

Over £500 worth of premiums online as i type this message and i doubt thats even half of them
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 11 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it makes you feel better it doesn't make it in to my pocket. And those £500 worth of people will expect a years worth of web site, bandwidth bill is nearly a grand and that's after you've bought any hardware. Admittedly that expense isn't with us every year but we do keep the infrastructure fairly well specced. I know show expenses don't benefit everyone but that's where the spare money goes. And if I had thousands spare per show, it still would. This giving Ian a great life thing is a bit of a misnomer, I would be financially better off myself without CS, never mind actually having supported it for years. But being without CS is not a choice for me.
djgritt
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
vxon send me tax disc holders keyrings and an assortment of pens every year hardly go on there but keep it paid for my halfords trade card.

Don't forget the stickers we send out each year too...

Halfords Trade was the best thing we ever had TBH, until Halfords pulled out of it after someone posted that you could get one for £15 p/a on Moneysavingexpert.com
We have looked into getting it reinstated, but I don't think thats going to happen...

We are also eligible for the Vauxhall Trade Club - but that is still pending as our initiators have been a bit slack and also Vauxhall became very resistant as we were due to become involved when the economy crashed - but, this is being progressed at the moment to be finalised and activated - the sooner the better - we've been eligible for 2-3 years!

DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand why people think the money goes in to Ians pocket, how else do you think the site is maintained and kept going all year round for years and years that costs money, a fair amount I would say especially on a site with this much traffic, so it's only fair that we (the users of said website) contribute to keeping it going. If every one moaned and didn't pay then I'm sure the site would be either shut down or we would have a shit load of adverts on each page annoying the fuck out of us.

[Edited on 04-01-2011 by DannyB]
Nath

4th Jan 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything but adverts. I've browsed other car forums before and the adverts are just shameless and highly annoying.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, there is 6 on 106owners home page alone, very annoying.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Jan 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Puma People has got worse as well, thing that puzzles me is that whenever we've had them they've never done anything worth the effort, certainly not worth being that spammy for. They get a bit of interest on the first day or so then nothing after that point once everyone has seen them and learnt where to avoid.

[Edited on 04-01-2011 by Ian]
Callum

4th Jan 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
for some reason its not the £12.50 out of my pocket that stops me paying out, its the putting £12.50 into Ians that puts me off.

i feel that because everyone else pays, my £12.50 wouldn't make much difference.

Over £500 worth of premiums online as i type this message and i doubt thats even half of them

Have you read the Hospitality/Camper conversion in projects and builds? Think how much time has gone into that, hes obviously put ALOT of time into this site, hes probably put alot of his own money into this too, spare the bullshit.
taylorboosh

4th Jan 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will go preem if i get a corsa and show on the cs stand.. if i get a nova i will join png preem though
3CorsaMeal

4th Jan 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i said Ians, i meant Ian/CS, am aware its not a profit making thing.

its just my reason, i wouldn't gain anything more than is free already and i'm not spending £12.50 willynilly.

should look into a calander, or gifts, people love material things, although maybe not just corsa related things

Mark.W

4th Jan 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
i will go preem if i get a corsa and show on the cs stand.. if i get a nova i will join png preem though

John if you get a corsa you wont still have it by the time pvs comes around.
A2H GO

4th Jan 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
when i said Ians, i meant Ian/CS, am aware its not a profit making thing.

its just my reason, i wouldn't gain anything more than is free already and i'm not spending £12.50 willynilly.

should look into a calander, or gifts, people love material things, although maybe not just corsa related things

Yeah because loads of people will sign up to CS so they can see half their membership money wasted on a Corrado calendar and VW badge keyring.
Rick Draper

4th Jan 11 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I joined to become a prem as iirc there was only a search function for them. I joined, search function was rubbish so i never rejoined.
corb

4th Jan 11 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive not renewed mine this year for the first time since it started, why? I wont gain anything from it other than uploading pics. on that note i think you might have u2u ian?....
cavmad

4th Jan 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Why not?

See MIG have made theirs cheaper, thoughts?

MIG is quieter, but MIG has less 'txt tlkn' wankers and does, to it's credit, have a better image than CS. Now before you get all uppity, it's probably because more Corsa owners see their cars as something to cover in glue before ram raiding a drain pipe factory.
There are some decent people on here but it's unbelievable that 'txt tlkrs' seem to go unpunished by moderation. Surely to God others can see that it dumbs the place down? Small gripe maybe but it does at times look like an illiterate chav fest.

Don't forget MIG offer something to all Vauxhall owners, not just for the Corsa boys and girls. I would imagine they've made their's cheaper due to them being fairly quiet recently.
DannyB
Premium Member

4th Jan 11 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, BTTOS is much better
chrisritch

4th Jan 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
I joined to become a prem as iirc there was only a search function for them. I joined, search function was rubbish so i never rejoined.

Rick Draper
Premium Member

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15    16  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem 23 database queries in 0.1085632 seconds