corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're not Prem
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jan 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Ian, you better be at the Edin piss up or that's it. I'll quit the site. And become an attention whore elsewhere, like Ollie and Steve.
MJFF88

1st Jan 11 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't this be in off day?
3i_gaz

2nd Jan 11 at 03:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll happily renew when the time comes, am not a heavy poster on here and dont know many people but its a good well run site dosent have much downtime at all, some decent people on here, good projects and builds bit to have a nosey through.

Mot important for me is corsasport always eems to have decent stands at shows or organising meets or trackdays or stuff, thngs like this keep petrolheads interested and the whole scene going. £12.50 is fuck all tbh i dont think the price should be an issue at all, too many people wanting stuff for fuck all nowadays.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 03:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't think £12.50 is a bit pricey Gaz? Remember, that's just over a quid a month you could save
3i_gaz

2nd Jan 11 at 03:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is true i could put that quid towards much more constructive things, maybe to go towards the VAT increase, or the rocekting costs or car insurance.....

The countrys a fucking joke, cost of living etc.... and people are moaning about £12.50 for a website that cost alot of money to maintin and all the club stands etc....
chrisritch

2nd Jan 11 at 03:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ffs its not the fact its expensive its the fact some people are of the opinion that they get fuck all for an extra £12.50
3i_gaz

2nd Jan 11 at 03:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you get alot from the site in the first place! £12.50 is a nice gesture to say cheers to ian to keep the thing up and running so well and as said previous always get decent stuff organised like the meets etc....

i helped run a web forum merseycruise years ago, and its not an easy thing to do keeping a constant eye on stuff, organising meets, going to shows etc.... and alot of time you'll be out of pocket with booking stands and peple lettin you down not turning up.

i don't see why Ian should give away a free sicker set and other stuff said previous. if you want it then pay for it!

A thing i would put in the mix is.... when you go premium on VVOC you will get discount with vauxhall trade club when buying bits, that could be something to look into.

apart from that i dont see any problems

[Edited on 02-01-2011 by 3i_gaz]
SR91

2nd Jan 11 at 04:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3p a day isnt bad...
Reecemac

2nd Jan 11 at 04:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only use the picture hosting extra really, but £12.50 for something I use daily is nothing. Best £12.50 Iv ever spent tbh.
C2RL R

2nd Jan 11 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay it purely because I'm afraid of missing something. I know nothing ever happens in the lounge apart from in the thread but still I don't want to miss out!
pow
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole scene is dying out a little if you ask me... the government has made driving so damn fucking expensive what people could afford 5 years ago (like me for example) can't afford it now. With a lack of jobs and everything as well it;s not helping, me and my friends (a lot of who aren't on here) have been saying this for a couple of years now.
alan-g-w

2nd Jan 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was cheaper I'd join. When I had a job I had better things to spend £12.50 on, now I've not got one you can see my predicament.

The only one I've ever joined as a premium was mk3oc - they were £5 for the year. The site, when I was using it, wasn't quite as busy as here but was definetely close. I don't know exactly how the money is spent but at more than double for what is essentially the same thing it seems like bad value for money.

And just by the way since MIG was mentioned on page 1. I've got not interest in signing up there, if they gave me a prem membership for free it probably wouldn't get used. The place is full of snobby bastards, only ever any good if you can coax a technical answer out of one of the many tuning gods or when looking at the projects.
All Torque

2nd Jan 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SR91
3p a day isnt bad...

Could sponsor an Afican child for that, and I know what I'd rather do.

Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When people say I have got better things to spend £12.50 on it does make me laugh.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
pow
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 10:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously not rich snobs like us Tom
alan-g-w

2nd Jan 11 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
When people say I have got better things to spend £12.50 on it does make me laugh.

That's all fine and well for yourself with your business and your M3 mate. But when I'm struggling to get a tenner for petrol together at the end of the week then I can't see the funny part in that.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather look at snatch in preem than put a rennet in the car.
Think I have been preem since I joined in 2006 too

Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How strange I typed tenner but it came out backwards lol

pow
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rennet
alan-g-w

2nd Jan 11 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You make a fair point, unfortunately that money would be to get me to work.

Basically if you're like me and can do without you do. But if it was just a fiver, you have that left in your bank account 9 times out of ten. So it sudden;y becoms worth it since you're not going to miss it - the question is if that tactic is going to make double the amount of people sign up.
Jake

2nd Jan 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not even sure i'd pay 12.50 if the site became premium members only
Edd

2nd Jan 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd rather look at snatch in preem than put a rennet in the car.
Think I have been preem since I joined in 2006 too

or you could just look at snatch on the internet for free

and put a tenner in the car
Tomnova16
Premium Member

2nd Jan 11 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it always seems that much better when you kinda know the person

ShEp

2nd Jan 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I pay £12.50 because I've had 5/6 years of decent advice and help from this site.

Lots of entertainment etc..

I don't make any of the meets etc apart from TV @ Crail due to the fact I'm from way up north.

I don;t grudge paying it at all if it helps with the running of the site.

I don;t use the e-mail, I dont really use the pic hosting, (just for my avatar)

Ben G

2nd Jan 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tbh, when i had a part time job after finishing college and trying to run a car, i did have better things to spend £12.50 on. used t have about a fiver left in my bank after my bills had been paid so every penny helped.

now i'm in a full time job, you don't even notice the £12.50 gone but i do understand what the young'uns are saying, as it's hard if you don't earn that much.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem 23 database queries in 0.0169468 seconds