corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Redtop Corsa vs st
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 10 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing I will say though for the Corsa against an ST/VXR/Any other boosted hatch... I have MUCH more fun driving the older car. Partly due to it being expected to get thumped, and partly due to the driving itself. The response of a decent N/A car, the induction noise, everything to do with the feel of driving it is better than the quiet, humdrum responsiveness of the Turbo motors.
corsa120

11th Dec 10 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john now ur just arguing for the sake of it........ im the first to admit my corsa is rubbish but fact is its cheap/reliable nippy and with the setup im using it actually handles really well....... simple bilstein coilovers with rear arb decent tyres polybushes and some 4 pots make it not bad......

im buying an m3 just after christmas but i wont be getting rid of the corsa as its my trackday/fun car etc cant afford to bin an m3

eck you have pretty much sumed up exactly what ive been trying to say mate thank you i must be rubbish at wording

[Edited on 11-12-2010 by corsa120]
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i much prefer the torque and noise from a turbo engine.

Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not keen on it. The torque is great for effortless overtakes, but it just doesn't feel as involving imo.
corsa120

11th Dec 10 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

craig i think he means though modern hatches have so much sound proofing and feel so enclosed and safe lol it almost ruins some of the fun, esp and traction control cutting in when you dont want them etc

c20let in its raw state is just as good lol
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what you mean,when my corsa had an xe in,it was more fun to drive,could take corners faster and it was more controlled.

but i still love the feeling of the turbo more,and the noise is awesome too.

big eck

11th Dec 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is involving mate especially in a big bhp fwd turbo car, you really really need to hold onto the wheel lol
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
craig i think he means though modern hatches have so much sound proofing and feel so enclosed and safe lol it almost ruins some of the fun, esp and traction control cutting in when you dont want them etc

yeh they do,although the new rs sounds at full throttle.
big eck

11th Dec 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You can turn both safety features off
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
It is involving mate especially in a big bhp fwd turbo car, you really really need to hold onto the wheel lol

yeah its hard keeping traction through corners,didnt have that problem with the xe.
big eck

11th Dec 10 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you just need to learn how to drive properly lol

You just dont floor the throttle in a bend, you feather it.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 10 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Big yin, I've got a T5 that goes a bit daft in the lower gears too, but it's just not fun! I'm getting a torqueless vtec because whenever me and my mate give it some sport (the lad who has the black B18 CRX that was at the Hypertech RR day), it's neck and neck, but he looks like he's having more fun And most of the time he is! The noise of a turbo spooling up is immense, and I do fucking love the sound of my 5 cylinder, but I just don't love driving it like I did my past cars

Plus, sitting at say... 60 in 3rd gear, if you plant it, there is a tiny delay. I'm talking less than a second, but enough to piss me off Didn't have that in my N/A's.
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Then you just need to learn how to drive properly lol

You just dont floor the throttle in a bend, you feather it.

my boost seems to be either on or off,hard to hold it through corners.good fun though.
gez bay

11th Dec 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your boost seems to be either on or off? Have you got an electric ebay one or something? Lol
taylorboosh

11th Dec 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa 120, you sound like the kind of guy that lives his life a qaurter mile at a time..
chrisritch

11th Dec 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Corsa 120, you sound like the kind of guy that lives his life a qaurter mile at a time..

tbf for those 10 seconds or less he's free
corsa120

11th Dec 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like i said chrisritch if theres an issue ur 5 miles away lets discuss it like men

can i ask you though ur not one of the mcdonalds massive are u that drive down dav high street in ya vegas revving the tits off it as it would not surprise me at all

Ryan_G1

11th Dec 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_G1
that doesnt even make sense. what theory did i have? all i said was i have more fun in my cheaper car (and also if i happen to have an accident on the nurburgring it will be mine to crash,not the banks) xxx

Is that a dig saying that my car is on finance? Again, as I have said before, I laugh at people with their silly digs when they know nothing about me or my finances. If it makes you feel you have a bigger penis by having a small car with a big engine that's unreliable as fuck then feel free, I won't be too bothered if you did come past me as I'll just slow to 70mph and cruise in my comfy car with my leather seats and climate control.

xxxx

woaw, woaw, woaw, someone has issue's. Not as if i was drilling for a nerve but i think ive hit one

EDIT

Where at any point in my posts did I say having a small car with a big engine in it makes me feel I have a bigger penis? Corsa hasnt been my only car
xxxx

[Edited on 11-12-2010 by Ryan_G1]
chrisritch

11th Dec 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
like i said chrisritch if theres an issue ur 5 miles away lets discuss it like men

can i ask you though ur not one of the mcdonalds massive are u that drive down dav high street in ya vegas revving the tits off it as it would not surprise me at all

no im not lol, i know people most of them who do. i dont want to go and sit in a car park in a car i know is shit or waste time that could be spent in the pub
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
your boost seems to be either on or off? Have you got an electric ebay one or something? Lol

yep its a pc cooling fan,you should get one mate,your car will be fast then too
chrisritch

11th Dec 10 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
that doesnt even make sense. what theory did i have? all i said was i have more fun in my cheaper car (and also if i happen to have an accident on the nurburgring it will be mine to crash,not the banks) xxx

Is that a dig saying that my car is on finance? Again, as I have said before, I laugh at people with their silly digs when they know nothing about me or my finances. If it makes you feel you have a bigger penis by having a small car with a big engine that's unreliable as fuck then feel free, I won't be too bothered if you did come past me as I'll just slow to 70mph and cruise in my comfy car with my leather seats and climate control.

xxxx

woaw, woaw, woaw, someone has issue's. Not as if i was drilling for a nerve but i think ive hit one

EDIT

Where at any point in my posts did I say having a small car with a big engine in it makes me feel I have a bigger penis? Corsa hasnt been my only car
xxxx

why have a dig about him crashing at the ring? pointless and makes you look a cunt.

and bottom line is he can afford to crash his there and pay for it himself like he did.
im assuming you cant and are therefore bitter as fuck.
craig_s

11th Dec 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
quote:

xxxx

EDIT

xxxx

why have a dig about him crashing at the ring? pointless and makes you look a cunt.

and bottom line is he can afford to crash his there and pay for it himself like he did.
im assuming you cant and are therefore bitter as fuck.

im assuming you couldnt either as you drive a 1.2 vegas,which makes you bitter as fuck when others talk about quick cars.am i right??
bignev

11th Dec 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bignev

11th Dec 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

xe is well faster
taylorboosh

11th Dec 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VI envy grahams car and i have a ctr

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Redtop Corsa vs st 22 database queries in 0.2020390 seconds