corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Balls :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Balls :(
wrattengsi

User status: Offline
18th Oct 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same thing happened to me the bolt that hold the balljoint in wore away and it popped out exact same damge bad times its never nice
Dale

18th Oct 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Sorry if I've missed something but why's the ball joint attached to the top of the lower arm? Mine is 'inside' it and the bolts go through holes in the bottom all the way into the tie bar I think it is (the thing the ARB bolts to) So in theory yours was sitting about 5-10mm too high? That would cause the extra strain would it not?

Edit, just worked it out. Surely if the only reason it's like that is for the tie bar to miss the gearbox a modified tie bar would be the answer, not changing how the suspension's set up?

[Edited on 18-10-2010 by alan-g-w]

Yer since this I admit i fitted them on top for some reason A simple mistake but I will correct this!

But as for the spacing as said before its part of the kit with fitting an f28 into a corsa and it also comes with Tie bar spacers on the cross member as pictured below:

So the idea is to move the whole tie bar down evenly

Little up as per my project thread anyone ever used either of these two?

Uniball @ £150.01 + VAT

Harry Hockley @ £237.81 + VAT

The main difference I can see is that the HH ones use a thread and nut so i Guess I wouldn't be able to use these because of clearance issues as im using Larger CV's for the conversion?!?!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Oct 10 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats special about those uniball ones to warrant that price
Dale

18th Oct 10 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
whats special about those uniball ones to warrant that price

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=848

Both are designed for rallying ie hard hits etc, I personally would rather be safer and pay more as I do drive the car hard and I don't want to think shit am I going to snap a ball joint, as said before the ball joint is taken alot of extra power and i plan to increase it still....

Think if it snapped at high speed?
spankyjames

18th Oct 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think if it snapped at high speed?

you should never think of things like that,

i was doing over 100mph, stopped to relise my back wheel bolts were loose

hope you get it sorted mate
Graham88

18th Oct 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If those ones are better then it's gotta be worth the money Dale. With the state of the roads these days and the cold winter to come they are only going to get worse.
Sean-B

18th Oct 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same tie-bar setup as you. The ball joint should be inside the lower arm 100% just to clarify.

Gutted about the damage
craig_s

18th Oct 10 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this happened to me on my old corsa 1.4 sri,was doing 40mph when it snapped,must be something in the casting if you ask me.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Balls :( 22 database queries in 0.0104229 seconds