corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c16xe problem :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c16xe problem :(
Dan H

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i put my new engine in car this week, got it running propperly last night, done about 40mile in it, maybe more, exhaust wasnt connected to manifold propperly so sounded like a tank, got that sorted, was on wa home from garage to get fuel, running abit cr*p and kept bogging down and the limiter kicked in about 4k and wouldnt go past it, went to get fuel, struggled to get it starting again, going down road it just seemed flat and wouldnt rev up hardly. got it home, went round a corner an my bottom pulley bolt fell out so go out picked it up, drove it 200yrds to my house, and now it wont start again any ideas would be great as i need car for a local meet tomorrow night
SportBoy

2nd Oct 10 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank sensor picks up off the bottom pulley if it is loose/missing it wont run.

in the worse case senario it will of naffed the crank sproket and bent vavles and snapped the end of the crank off.

[Edited on 02-10-2010 by SportBoy]
Dan H

2nd Oct 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bolt still bolts into the crank, but i think is it the woodruff key? think that has snapped off, but i cant see clearly. i dont think its bent any valves as it turnes over fine. but will see if i can get it sorted tomorrow. but the bottom pulley isnt on propperly of anything so ive got a funny feeling thats what could be stopping it starting
JaffaTB

2nd Oct 10 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might have bent the crank sensor if the pulley came off mate
Dan H

2nd Oct 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think ive bent crank shaft sensor bud, was abit dented when i got engine but it was running fine apart frm not having air flow sensor lol

New Poll