corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Samsung Galaxy Tab

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Samsung Galaxy Tab
Captain_Rosco

User status: Offline
1st Oct 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one of these at work, and it's a very impressive little toy !

Galaxy Tab

So far, I think this is better than the iPad, as it comes with voice calling, and two cameras. And on a screen that big it looks really good.

Size wise is really good. It's smaller than the iPad but the touch screen is very smooth like the iPad

It uses a nice easy version of Android, which happily multi tasks, and also flash supported. Another really good thing about it is, even though it comes with a 32GB, there is a micro SD slot so you could double the memory. It also comes with 3G and Wifi, and even bluetooth.

And rumors tell me this should be cheaper than the iPad, and you will be be able to get thes on contracts from mobile phone networks.

Even though it be for sale until some time in November, you can find them on Ebay £1,300

E BAY

[Edited on 01-10-2010 by Captain_Rosco]
Rob_Quads

1st Oct 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure about it being cheaper. Prices released in germany were far from cheap, slightly cheaper than the iPad over a year when bought on a mobile contract but out of contract it was around the same sort of money i.e 600/700 euro
oceansoul

1st Oct 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Captain_Rosco
it comes with voice calling,

Look a bit stupid holding that to your ear

Have to be headset
John

1st Oct 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even more pointless than the iPad, might as well use my phone.
Captain_Rosco

2nd Oct 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't hold it to your head when making calls. It come over loudspeaker, or you use a hands free kit.

I wouldn't say this more pointles than the iPad....but just as equally as pointless. Yes, pretty much everything you can do with these tabs, you can do on your phone, and with out having to pay a fortune for it.

But a lot of mobile phone makers are now going down this route too. Blackberry and nokia will be selling their tabs some time next year.

Although if anyone has noticed, since these things have started coming out the prices of netbooks have dropped. And i'd rather have one of those over these tabs.

Rob_Quads

4th Oct 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like prices for the UK has been leaked - £599! even more than a comparitivly speced iPad

New Poll