corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project ACZ XE! Breaking for parts.

New Poll
  <<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project ACZ XE! Breaking for parts.
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
25th May 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
You compleetly ignored my questions

How dare you! Haha
I didn't ignore it, just over looked it
Turned out I flooded the engine according to my mate although I don't know how, I took the plugs out and they weren't even wet, then left it overnight and it still wouldn't start for me. He came up and had it going straight away

Insurance cost me £750 on my own policy

Cheers Kev, yea its nae bad there, although it could be better I've thinking about pulling the engine out 1 weekend and doing a whole lot of work to the bay. Won't be anytime soon though.

Got her in work atm stripped down, painted and fitted my arches, sideskirts are painted, just need fitted but theres a slight twist in them so might be a bit awkward. Going to paint bumper tops tomorrow hopefully then get the back arches welded for MOT Was a bit stupid insuring it now since its just sitting up :/
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell that's cheap insurance!! Who you with?

Love the sound of all these bits being sprayed! Can't wait to see it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Jamie-C

25th May 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Farmers union, one of the plus sides off living out in the country in the middle of nowhere Its still registered as a 1.0 though, I said to them about the engine conversion and he just took the details and put it down as a modification. I'm going to phone and make sure its insured as the 2.0 though as it does seem too cheap.

I took some pics today but forgot to bring my camera home
When's PVS? I wonder could I get the time of work and come over?
Darryl H
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the weekend of the 10th? I think

Do it! Really want to see this

Jamie-C

25th May 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have words with my boss tomorrow , just hope any more faults don't jump out of the box
Jamie-C

28th May 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few snaps of the camera.

New hoses tidied up the bay nicely still need to re fit my iginiton coil, air box and stuff but its just niggly bits. Very happy with the bay now except for the rocker cover thats letting it down imo.

Stripped her down to paint arches and bumpers etc, just a random one

[

And arches fitted. Need to flatten them down with some 2000 grit and buff them up to get them like glass

Also started doing the welding tonight, turned out to be worse than I thought upon further investigation. Decided to cut the rust out instead of just plating it.

Didnt get any more welding shots Hopefully welding will be done tomorrow then in for an MOT on Wednesday

[Edited on 28-05-2012 by Jamie-C]
Jamie-C

2nd Jun 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I've ruined my car

I'm not sure if I like the anthracite now :/, should've been a shade darker I think? Don't know about the Steinmetz skirts either, shouldve just left it the way it was istead of adding tat to it

Oh well, live and learn. On the upside, MOT on Wednesday
Sean

2nd Jun 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going for anthra tops/wheels/rubstrips and few other bits. Does look a bit light, what colour is it?
Jamie-C

2nd Jun 12 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a Suzuki shade mate, can't remember the code off hand. Pissed off with it atm. Looks like fuck all Tyres look huge, suspension looks high, wheels don't seem to suit and the colour is naff. Might just rip it all off and put the standard trim back on.

Opinions?
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Jun 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Its a Suzuki shade mate, can't remember the code off hand. Pissed off with it atm. Looks like fuck all Tyres look huge, suspension looks high, wheels don't seem to suit and the colour is naff. Might just rip it all off and put the standard trim back on.

Opinions?

Dont beat yourself up about it Jamie! You can only try these things and see if you like it or not I can see why your a bit unsure though. I think its because its too closer shade to the body colour. A bit darker and you'll be onto a winner there I reckon Lucky your in the right trade so you can chop and change your mind with this kinda stuff lol
Piér

2nd Jun 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamie, I can see why you don't like the anthracite, its almost as though its just the original trim but its faded?!
I think you might be better off going with something like ford graphite grey or the colour the focus I had was Magnum grey, lovely and dark...
In fact I have a picture of it...

Just need to go a little darker I think.

And it just needs a little messing with really doesnt it?
Its not gonna be perfect straight away mate! Don't get pissed with it, work on it.
Jamie-C

2nd Jun 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly what it looks like, as if the standard trim is faded, I actually thought that myself and now that you've said it it actually makes it worse as thats what other people will think Its actually still a bit dull in the photos as they haven't been flattened back and polished yet so it might look a bit better once there gleaming. I actually knew the exact shade I wanted, but I just got it lazy and picked any from the stock we had in work

Yea Shaun it won't be too hard to change the colour, will have to paint them on the car this time as there bonded on with tiger seal and I don't think I'll have much luck getting them off without messing them up

Stance and tyres aren't helping things either, thats next on the to do list!
Jed D

2nd Jun 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this be at PV jamie?
Darryl H
Premium Member

2nd Jun 12 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A tad darker and it will be spot on Jamie

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 15:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Volvo titanium grey shade 1. Cant go wrong with it jamie

Its too light tbh mate
Need to paint the bumpertops and the arches and skirts all the same colour. Darker anthracite. Will look boss mate dont worry
andys sxi
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give john g a u2u he did his old silver corsa's bumpers in anthracite and they looked good

April 08 feature car
Jamie-C

3rd Jun 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea deffo needs to go darker, think I'll just do the bumper tops in the current shade and then change to a darker shade at a later date. I Daren't tell my boss I'm not happy with it as he said to me to make sure I'm 100% happy with the colour before he clear coats it

Andy that was the colour I wanted, I u2u'd John G but he wasn't 100% on the colour, all he knew was that it was a Chrysler shade.

Should I just go gloss black?
Darryl H
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na dark anthracite for sure!

Jamie-C

5th Jun 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MOT tomorrow, need to swap back tyres around, need to refit engine mount, headlights aligned, bond on other sideskirt properly and need to refit alternator Looks like I'll have an early start tomorrow!

Got some new future plans, 100% not happy with the colour of my arches and I've had a change of heart

Plans that will be happening in the very near future

GSi front and rear bumper, everything will be colour coded silver.
100mm rear springs and front coilovers
195 45 tyres
Paint my wheels gloss black
Morettes (again ) will be gloss black this time

Talk about a drastic change of plans
Sean

5th Jun 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wanna post me your poverty spec front bumper plans sound good loved mine GSI repped
Jon_C
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do all that and then gimme a shout and i will come buy her off you
Jamie-C

5th Jun 12 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't have it no more, threw it in the skip, like I did with the GSi bumper I had a while back

Are you selling the GSi front from yours?
Jamie-C

5th Jun 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Do all that and then gimme a shout and i will come buy her off you
If I do all that I don't think I'll ever let her go as I'll fall in love with her again , I'm fell out with her atm, looks terrible
Piér

6th Jun 12 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a gsi bumper here
Jamie-C

6th Jun 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Much? All lugs etc intact?

<<  49    50    51    52    53    54    55  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project ACZ XE! Breaking for parts. 24 database queries in 0.0665739 seconds