corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  84    85    86    87    88    89    90  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
keidicko

User status: Offline
8th Apr 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
been having a few problems with the water system having alot of pressure in the system when boosted , did a leak down test on it and results came back good, did a snif test and there was co2 in the headertank so been on the phone to steveboy the last few day and today decided to take head of, we think the head has gone soft so it looks like its fit for the bin, marks on the headgasked look to conferm our thoughts that the head is noving under boost , so now the plan is to get a good coscast head and have all the headwork done on that then all my valves,springs etc fitted, going to be using a hks headgasket this time , also need to take pistons out of block tomorow as they need to go to steves with the head as they are going to have to be machined down to keep the cr the same

expensive bit of scrap

also while its apart im having these bits coated by zirotec, not sure what colour so have a look and let me know what colour you think

http://www.zircotec.com/page/-_performance_colours/47

also going to get 3 fans put on the rad(good quality ones not ebay),getting a bigger headed tank made and will look to lift the back of the bonned up a few inches to help keep it cooler, also got a set of comp break rose jointed ball joints and track rod ends on root to me to go with the rose jointed front end, have come close to breaking the car this weekend but need to keep on with it ,

You need to go to some one else for engine work !
Head moving under boost is unliklely on 1.9 bar thats not big boost
TimC909

8th Apr 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.9bar boost with a GT35 turbo is huge quantity of air to be compressed by the pistons compared to say 1.9bar on a standard KKK turbo. Its not the excess boost that causes these sort of issues, its air quantity/volume.
I suggest you think abit about what your saying before making a stupid comment.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by TimC909]
3i_gaz

8th Apr 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with what time says you mustn't have any idea whatsover how much air a GT35 actually flows!

It came on boost like a train too lol
Alex_Rally

8th Apr 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u must have more money than the spice girls.
u must be loosing the heart for this project.
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by keidicko
quote:
been having a few problems with the water system having alot of pressure in the system when boosted , did a leak down test on it and results came back good, did a snif test and there was co2 in the headertank so been on the phone to steveboy the last few day and today decided to take head of, we think the head has gone soft so it looks like its fit for the bin, marks on the headgasked look to conferm our thoughts that the head is noving under boost , so now the plan is to get a good coscast head and have all the headwork done on that then all my valves,springs etc fitted, going to be using a hks headgasket this time , also need to take pistons out of block tomorow as they need to go to steves with the head as they are going to have to be machined down to keep the cr the same

expensive bit of scrap

also while its apart im having these bits coated by zirotec, not sure what colour so have a look and let me know what colour you think

http://www.zircotec.com/page/-_performance_colours/47

also going to get 3 fans put on the rad(good quality ones not ebay),getting a bigger headed tank made and will look to lift the back of the bonned up a few inches to help keep it cooler, also got a set of comp break rose jointed ball joints and track rod ends on root to me to go with the rose jointed front end, have come close to breaking the car this weekend but need to keep on with it ,

You need to go to some one else for engine work !
Head moving under boost is unliklely on 1.9 bar thats not big boost

thats not even worth a reply
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sump,baffle and pick up of and cleaned

pistons and rods out

bearings are all in good nick, no suprises there,

and all ready to drop of tuesday hopefully

gregs picking me up a good condition coscast tomorow so hes going to bring that when we go on the drive to steveboys
Col004

8th Apr 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad times mate...

Keep going pal
Jon_C
Premium Member

8th Apr 12 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are the fuckin man Ben.
BeArDy

8th Apr 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to hear about the problem.
dident Rick Draper have this problem of the head lifying under boost?
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
sorry to hear about the problem.
dident Rick Draper have this problem of the head lifying under boost?

not a clue mate , i had a quick google on the hks hg and i know he was using one , still able to make me a header tank mate ?
Rick Draper

8th Apr 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran a hks gasket on mine after other issues with the cosmetic.

I would look to try to plumb a large return hose into the inlet manifold near the alternator like the standard manifold used. After chatting to Rob who also ran a manifold like yours (he used his car on track days etc and always suffered water temperature problems) we came to the conclusion that that could possibly be causing the overheating.
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

I would look to try to plumb a large return hose into the inlet manifold near the alternator like the standard manifold used. After chatting to Rob who also ran a manifold like yours (he used his car on track days etc and always suffered water temperature problems) we came to the conclusion that that could possibly be causing the overheating.

i already have a fitting tapped into the inlet flange if thats where you mean
BeArDy

8th Apr 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a read threw some old post of Ricks OR Speckys as i am sure one them have head lifting problems.
yes mate i can make you want ever you want
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate , any idea when gres car will be done as will have a chat about it then, found speckys thread where the bolt holes had gone over on vauxsport, but tbh there is not much around on soft heads
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
yes mate i can make you want ever you want

you should be called del boy
Rick Draper

8th Apr 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No on a standard inlet there is a larger pipe below this that returns to the pipe that connects the plastic rear water pipe to the water pump housing.

Jenvey use this on there TB manifold, you might be able to adapt something to make it fit yours?

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/manifold/jenvey-dynamics/manifold-water-elbow-xe-mwe01
Nic Barnes

8th Apr 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how is your water system piped up? just wondering is the only feed your head gets through the block? as you haven't got the inlet fed through to the head, and it looks like you don't have the pipe that would normally run to heater matrix from right hand side of head either?

just wondering if thats causing your over heating and pressurising up issues? as the bleeder pipe on inlet won't be able to do anything if there isn't water passing through the head? I'm more than likely completely wrong like.
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No on a standard inlet there is a larger pipe below this that returns to the pipe that connects the plastic rear water pipe to the water pump housing.

Jenvey use this on there TB manifold, you might be able to adapt something to make it fit yours?

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/manifold/jenvey-dynamics/manifold-water-elbow-xe-mwe01

of this doesent fix it then that is what i was going to be looking into using , was speaking to nic the other day and the only dirrfence between out water systems are the 3 way water hose and hes running a heater matrix
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
how is your water system piped up? just wondering is the only feed your head gets through the block? as you haven't got the inlet fed through to the head, and it looks like you don't have the pipe that would normally run to heater matrix from right hand side of head either?

just wondering if thats causing your over heating and pressurising up issues? as the bleeder pipe on inlet won't be able to do anything if there isn't water passing through the head? I'm more than likely completely wrong like.

mine is piped up just like a normal let but with where the pipe leaves the side of the head and its ment to go into the hearer matrix then back to the rail mine just loops around and goes from side of head to rear of water bar , piped same as ste powels tigra as was on the phone getting him to check its all the same , im 99%sure that its had this prob since it was on the rollers as last time when it made 470ish i did 500 miles ish on that giving it death and the temps and preasure all behaved them selfs , so going to pipe the water back into the turbo when putting it back together as that was just a temp fix
possy

8th Apr 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben i will do my best to beat you at pv mate lol and i hope you get it sorted if you need a lift let me no as i am off till the 16th and you can take my head down to stevs if you want lol
bigron1988

8th Apr 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
ben i will do my best to beat you at pv mate lol and i hope you get it sorted if you need a lift let me no as i am off till the 16th and you can take my head down to stevs if you want lol

will do if you want mate , am collecting rowlands engine , it just might be making a detour to mine first tho
possy

9th Apr 12 at 01:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha no prob i will ring u tomoro pal
Jed D

9th Apr 12 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what size pistons are you sing pal? and where's a good place to buy them?
bigron1988

9th Apr 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

86.5 , steveboyslim for all engine parts
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 12 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too much pal in here

<<  84    85    86    87    88    89    90  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 23 database queries in 0.0519569 seconds