corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  161    162    163    164    165    166    167  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
craig-dodd

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yeah sorry i saw this picture of some pins in water chamber to prevent cylinder deformation in a z20let aiming for 800hp and wondered if the let block would need similar reinforcement

Ronson

2nd Apr 13 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

598 does seem a bit low for a 9.8 run :s Im sure Guy Chamberlin has 1000bhp and isn't doing much better times, low 9s iirc?

There is a 2 litre turbo on a gt45 with 1350 bhp cant remember if its proven or claimed, its not in the uk tho.
gazza808

2nd Apr 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
598 does seem a bit low for a 9.8 run :s Im sure Guy Chamberlin has 1000bhp and isn't doing much better times, low 9s iirc?

There is a 2 litre turbo on a gt45 with 1350 bhp cant remember if its proven or claimed, its not in the uk tho.

Guys car weights alot due to the rules he had to run too, interior etc,

And as you go faster the power you need dramatically increases as well, say you run a 9.9 with 600 bhp, you'll need 2-300 more to be running low nines.

And did specky have ALOT of hassle with his car with his new found power, and you have to learn too drive it all over again.

[Edited on 02-04-2013 by gazza808]
Ronson

2nd Apr 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
quote:

Guys car weights alot due to the rules he had to run too, interior etc,

And as you go faster the power you need dramatically increases as well, say you run a 9.9 with 600 bhp, you'll need 2-300 more to be running low nines.

And did specky have ALOT of hassle with his car with his new found power, and you have to learn too drive it all over again.

That was neither greatly informative or easy to read, it gave me a rage seizure trying to decrypt it.
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that hard?
gazza808

2nd Apr 13 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That was neither greatly informative or easy to read, it gave me a rage seizure trying to decrypt it.

It answered why guy doesn't run a whole lot faster with alot more power.
Heavier car, power needed to run faster increases the faster you go and setup etc

Admittedly I just realised my iPhone predictive had changed a few words :/

Ronson

2nd Apr 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808

Admittedly I just realised my iPhone predictive had changed a few words :/

That might be why, damn iphones.
bigron1988

2nd Apr 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig-dodd
oh yeah sorry i saw this picture of some pins in water chamber to prevent cylinder deformation in a z20let aiming for 800hp and wondered if the let block would need similar reinforcement

im using the stronger block so dont need that doing this is what my block looks like

enough chat about specky now please i think i will need more powere for a 9 and so does my mapper and hes ran a 10.1 so ill go of his word , make another thread if needed cheers

bought some new bits from vauxhall as oil cap has started to leak and i lot the other part of the gearbox at the weekend causing it to leak gearbox oil everywhere

, also orded some copper washers to try stop the leak i think i have coming past the sump bolts
Jed D

2nd Apr 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry to comment in your thread again ben but it is an open forum and i do have a valid question...

have you ever looked into the concrete in the block idea? dont know a great deal about it tbh but heard of LET's going wild with the hp doing this, not something iv researched personally but may be worth looking into it
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can imagine the response your going to get marra
bigron1988

2nd Apr 13 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
sorry to comment in your thread again ben but it is an open forum and i do have a valid question...

have you ever looked into the concrete in the block idea? dont know a great deal about it tbh but heard of LET's going wild with the hp doing this, not something iv researched personally but may be worth looking into it

i dont give a fuck if you do have a valid question , fuck off
taylorboosh

2nd Apr 13 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daine
Premium Member

2nd Apr 13 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You running the HH4 block Ben !?!?
bigron1988

2nd Apr 13 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

duno the code just looks like that with the water ways not a big open one round the cylinder
Dale

3rd Apr 13 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All clets/cxe are like this it's the zlets that are open deck.... Weird bit is the z16ler/a16ler (corsa vxr) have close deck block... Alot better than having to wedge the block....
steveboyslim

3rd Apr 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by craig-dodd

That will not stop the cylinder bore deforming.
I hope they are going to re-skim theat block to get a better finish.

Steve
craig-dodd

3rd Apr 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, thanks for clearing that up, this is the site i stumbled across stating it. im not convinced that this would be able to produce near 800hp anyway, the exhaust manifold make me tho

http://myfiero.oceanmoon.com/engineideasswaps/ecotec/my-ecotec-i-800hp-street-use-motor-faze-04-from-ecotecforumcom
mex

3rd Apr 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by Jed D

i dont give a fuck if you do have a valid question , fuck off

I've got a few vids of the corsa from york, best exhaust note of the day prefered the corsa to the american muscle
bigron1988

3rd Apr 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate post them up on here if you dont mind
Liam-Wilko

4th Apr 13 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say this thread is a good read amazing work on this car how do you continue to come up with more ideas or were you want to go next.
mex

4th Apr 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Unsure weather you can see them or not :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631621103520241&set=vb.100000170708104&type=2&theater
bigron1988

4th Apr 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started today of by emptying all the pump fuel out the car , disconnected it at the rail and emptied the swirl pot here than did the same at the back to empty the tank

then filled it up with c16 race fuel 50/50 mix looks a nice colour

then recieved my coil on plugs through the post so set about fitting them , reason for fitting them is when trying to map on race fuel last time the spark wasent strong enough so these are needed to get a better/stronger spark
just the wiring left to do on them

plug cover still fits on nicley

get it in for mapping in the next few weeks hopefully
bigron1988

4th Apr 13 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mex
quote:

Unsure weather you can see them or not :

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=631621103520241&set=vb.100000170708104&type=2&theater

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return ho
possy

4th Apr 13 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ben is that petes old set up by any chance and looks sweet and why do you have to empt all the fuel out
bigron1988

4th Apr 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by possy
ben is that petes old set up by any chance and looks sweet and why do you have to empt all the fuel out

nope pete is/was on nobel ones , fuel needs to be mixed spot on 50/50 so its easer to take it all out then mix it than gues how much is in lines

<<  161    162    163    164    165    166    167  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 23 database queries in 0.1505690 seconds