corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted

New Poll
  <<  155    156    157    158    159    160    161  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
17th Mar 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really just a big roof with extraction
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Not really just a big roof with extraction

this wouldent need to have walls
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
not to sure but would of though they could of dont it for the million they spent on the track

well fast show was a joke, was in the cue all day for the strip but as it kepted raining i only got 1 run, and when i got to the front of the que i was told to back of half way down the track as it was a new track/ was wet and i was on full slicks, track was the worst ive been on , wheel spun 1st,2nd and 3rd then just coasted over the finish line in 4th,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94193540@N08/8564622807/

Surely telling you to back off was for your safety more than anything.... As you say your on slicks in the wet/damp.
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i know that but its just annoying as its a 6 hour round trip not to mention what its costs in fuel to get there and back and didnt get chance to do a proper run (and i know its not there fault before anyone says that )
Christopher

17th Mar 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94193540@N08/8564622807/

Still sounds amazing Ben! Such a shame but theres always next time! Im kind of glad i didnt miss anything
chrimbo88

17th Mar 13 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loving it pal cant stop lookin at the piks how it looked and how it looks now took a bit of growin on me but its a proper drag car now cant wait for PVS now just to sit and watch what times you will be gettin
corsadonk
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That video gave me goose bumps.

I expect you've been looking forward to this weekend this last year, but for other events it might be better if you only take the trip if you know the weather is gonna be good. Like I was gonna go today, but after the rain yesterday, I thought sod that it won't be worth the trip, Santa pod is a shit hole in the rain, same with PVS this year I won't unless it's gonna be nice.

Well done for getting it up together, and I look forward to seeing it this year.
Corsa-Mitch

17th Mar 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full update needed tbh!
djgritt
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds awesome.
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pic are uploaded now gna get a shower then start the write up
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking forward to it Ben.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Chris x

17th Mar 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DansCorsaSXi
Looking forward to it Ben.
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

I expect you've been looking forward to this weekend this last year, but for other events it might be better if you only take the trip if you know the weather is gonna be good. Like I was gonna go today, but after the rain yesterday, I thought sod that it won't be worth the trip, Santa pod is a shit hole in the rain, same with PVS this year I won't unless it's gonna be nice.

Well done for getting it up together, and I look forward to seeing it this year.

But the thing is I always check the forcast and 9/10 times its not right I even packed the sun cream incase , think I'm gna hotel it from now on so I won't be as annoyed having to take my tent down at 8 o'clock at night in the rain, then having to get santapod to tow my truck of the field
Mr-SEH

17th Mar 13 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see your car for the 1st time and oh god up most respect to you. See your run aswell complete machine.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk

But the thing is I always check the forcast and 9/10 times its not right I even packed the sun cream incase , think I'm gna hotel it from now on so I won't be as annoyed having to take my tent down at 8 o'clock at night in the rain, then having to get santapod to tow my truck of the field

I got a hotel this time mate. Was £50 for me and the mrs in a king size room check in after 2 and before 12am. And check out before 12pm. And litteraly a 15 min drive from pod. Was a Marriott. Best thing for it lad
taylorboosh

17th Mar 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i did pvs i stayed in cambridge
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the winter update

at the end of september the car came of the road as when i built it it was built for on the road/track and drag but i have enjoyed drag racing that ive decided to focus on that so everything has changed with the purpose of going quicker not looking more prettier

started of with this, wings were sold to a friend as i needed metal ones for the new arches to be fitted to

first job was to get rid of the cheap ebay cooler , never liked it as hated the boost pipes on display

i then got in contact with a few companys and chose pro alloy to make one, i asked if i made it out of card could they copy it and they said no prob so a bit of blue peter style had me with this

has a 2 1/2 inlet and 3 inch outlet so dont have to use any reducers

when they recieved it they said they would put some shape into the end tanks to make it flow better

i then bought a 4 stud rear beam as i needed to go to 4 stud for the drag wheels, striped it all down and had it powdercoated

got some v6 brakes for the rear and 2.0 for the fronts

and started to clean them up

new front arches arrived

new parts for the rear brakes

new stud and nuts

and rear beam all built back up

bought a huydralic handbrake to lock the wheels easer on burnout

new 3.5 bar map sensor

20 mm spaces for the front wheels to fit

then fitted the rear beam

then cut the back pannel out and the bumper as with no wheel well there it must not of been helping

new front wheels were bought , these were on andy nicols mg towards the end of last year

wheels are 13 x 8 and tyres are 24.5 x9 x13

tried some 2.0 brakes and they fit in np

then had the cooler back from pro alloy was made up with it

bought a sheet of ally for the rear defuser

then set about cutting the bumper (it was only roughtly cut here)

test fitted the cooler/bumper on the car but there was a prob the boost pipes were just on the cross member so i rang them back and they said send it back and they will sort it

new 4 stud hubs arrived

so got them pressed in

and fitted, think ther wheels are a bit wide?

next job was to remove the standard seat mounts as i was never happy with the seating possision

what was removed, was a shit job

cooler came back again from being altered

and fitted spot on

next the car was loaded up to go to nortech for boost pipes , exhaust moved to the middle and for a air intake pipe as i was having heat soak isues last year

new oil cooler as i wanted to move it out the bay to halp with temps and put it behind a fog hole now i didnt have the boost pipes there

new towing eye, this isnt so i can be cool like all the rest its because last year i had a gay tow strap but it was behind the bumper so if anything happened on the strip and i needed to be towed of i couldent

went and collected the car from nortech

and droped it of at my mates bodyshop to fit the arches

then took the car to my mates gok garage services located in crosby , big big thanks to gary for the use of this place ,

doors removed

first job was to make the defuser

tow eye was fitted

next was to start on the seat rails, im not running a passengers seat but thought i may aswell do it now, seats were fitted to be the best possision for me so they might not look level but thats how i wanted it

next i made a support box for the handbrake to put it the right distance away

[IMG]http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp306/bigron1988_photobucket/corsa%20winter%20upgrade/F76A9C91-BD9B-4775-AB11-1788A40BCF96-564-000000F2CF1235B7_zps8377d0a5.jpg[/IMG

next bonnet was sold to a mate as he offered me good money for it and i got offered a fiberglass one cheap so more cash in the pot, it was always getting painted so didnt matter to me

then it was engine removal time

clutch seen a bit of heat

wheels had the tyres removed to get re polished

defuser back from powder coating with all the engine mounts again

then started to strip the rest out the bay

gave the inside a clean up befor epainting it, (just out of a can)

under side got re painted

new indicators

built back inside up

new rev gauge , i only bought it for the shift light as you cant buy big ones on there own

choped of any unwanted studs in the bay

then got my polished bits back

new arrow rods for the engine

new shined bolts for the wheels

new smaller fuel tank

loaded up to go for paint

new fiberglass bonnet from cm composite

carbon fiber boot

wheels built back up

new rear mount as had killed last one

tyres back on

boot fitted with pins

and bonnet

had to make a switch pannel for the boost so made this, it now sits slightly diddrent as it was in the way for 1 of the gauges

CUT THE end of the cam cover as like the look, and had it acid dipped

powder coated

had the manifold and turbo housing re coated in black as it had some marks on it

gear box got a re paint

doors got made a bit lighter(having some carbon ones getting made atm)

what was removed

new springs front and rear

more oil

new rear tyres

car at bodyshop

striped the coilovers and cleaned and fitted new springs

on way home

start of the build up

down pipe needed 10mm adding for the new lower sump

new rear wheels, they wernt cheap

rear suspension changed

and the rear lifted up to keep as much weight over the driven wheels

volts gauge fitted

difuser fitted

makes bleeding the rear brakes easy

pannels painted

wanted to make some mirror blacks so cut some cardboard and got my mate to make some in ally

new gsi grill

window re fitted

guages still needed to change the colours on some to match others

was going to fit a gsi spoiler and had it painted but i like it with out one now

didnt go with these lights in the end

lights re painted

went with these

[IMG]http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp306/bigron1988_photobucket/corsa%20winter%20upgrade/4487B2D8-C4DD-4324-A61F-9B9FE272B1FB-564-000000F9252F795C_zpse13c
Nath

17th Mar 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hell of an update!
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

window re fitted

guages still needed to change the colours on some to match others

was going to fit a gsi spoiler and had it painted but i like it with out one now

didnt go with these lights in the end

lights re painted

went with these

bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went and collected engine of steveboy, its had a new head as the metal in the old one had gone soft and the valve seats had droped causing 5 bent valves, 5 new valves, new head gasket,cambelt and water pump, new custom cams, new springs, new rods, girdle plate fitted, modified oil pick up, new gaskets, new piston rings,new bearings, new cam pullys

loaded car up to uses mates garage again

can see girdle plate here

got lift??

allthese hoses were the same blue but the heat has affected them

[IMG]http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp306/bigron1988_photobucket/cors
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tarcking and camber sorted

and droped of at dyno , needed a few bits of wiring doing like map csensor changing, needed a new map on it to fire it up and to do some running in on the dyno

all work done by chris at efi parts, made me a new loom for my wheel, one button is for launch controle and the other if to go up boost groupe

changed the oil

also when on the dyno the dip stick poped out a few times so needed to sort that

needed to fold down one of the taps for the dip stick to clear it as when fitting the girdle it bent it up

also put a spring on the dip stick incase

then back on the dyno , while on it wastgate pressure was set to 15psi, when doing a run at 28 pis, the boost droped of to 7 psi on wot and we couldent work out what it was for ages, turned out to be the air filter was sucking its self in forgot it was only rated to 500bhp pmsl so no filter

boot of for easy fuel filling

think this
bigron1988

17th Mar 13 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pissed inter cooler just needed adjusting in this pic

got reflection?

and a few stickers

and all loaded up for pod, plans for this year are need to fir individual coil packs and get on teh race fuel (have the fuel already) and want to get it to over 700bhp, hope to runa 9 sec run, need to buy some road wheels and tyres and get it mot'd not that im goging to do many ,if any miles init as its crap on the road, then if i do a 9 sec ill have a propper 8.5 cage built with a parachute on it , still need to set the car up as now i have diffrent boost groups so need to make sure i dont have to mucg/to little boost in each gear , no remember that this is now a drag car so it might not be to your taste and you may hate it now and liked it more last year but everything thats been done is for a reason so looking good comes second to going fast now ,

also if you dont like it dont comment simple[/QUOTE]

FAZ
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic write up. Awesome work put in to it!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
FAZ
Premium Member

17th Mar 13 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what red is that and where did you get your stuff polised up? was it costly?

<<  155    156    157    158    159    160    161  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » carbon clad corsa gsi c20let ,update , dog box fitted 24 database queries in 0.3438251 seconds