corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » S2000 - Wheels on and Lowered Hellaflush *pics*

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author S2000 - Wheels on and Lowered Hellaflush *pics*
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Sep 10 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
Why way to much camber AK? Anything to back that up ?, double wishbone handles camber very well compared to a macpherson setup.

LOLZ, 3.5 degrees camber is WAY too much regardless of ther suspension setup, double wishbone or not, it'll handle better with less camber.

Camber is camber, the type of suspension makes no odds whatsoever.
Tommy L

7th Sep 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hellaflush Fuck me all these scene sayings is ridiculous. It's a car lowered thats it, keep it simple.

That said, car looks really smart. Good work
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Why way to much camber AK? Anything to back that up ?, double wishbone handles camber very well compared to a macpherson setup.

LOLZ, 3.5 degrees camber is WAY too much regardless of ther suspension setup, double wishbone or not, it'll handle better with less camber.

again Why is to much camber?
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
Hellaflush Fuck me all these scene sayings is ridiculous. It's a car lowered thats it, keep it simple.

That said, car looks really smart. Good work

it's not just lowered on wheels, you have to do alot to fit wheels with this offset and width in along with a wide tyre. A s2000 lowered on wheels looks nothing like it.

It's not a scene saying it's a way to describe the type of look. Like euro, track etc that's all it makes me laugh everyone gets so hung up on a word
Robin
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because it'll accentuate itself with any sort of compression on the suspension. You'll already be suffering from a smaller tyre footprint, it's just not going to work particularly well with a car with suspension designed purely for road use.
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
what on earth is FATLACE and CANIBEAT

www.canibeat.com

cars have a purpose your car is a Track car it looks shabby but ticks all your boxes, my car is still great to drive has great grip and direction change whilst still looking the part, exactly my aim so I'm pleased.

You have trackscotland over your car, it's your forum and no one disputes it. I look on canibeat everyday and fatlace putting a few stickers on is no crime.

Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Because it'll accentuate itself with any sort of compression on the suspension. You'll already be suffering from a smaller tyre footprint, it's just not going to work particularly well with a car with suspension designed purely for road use.

really do you have experience with this or is that an assumption? Smaller contact patch in a straight line yes, larger contact patch in a corner though.. Evasives TA car shits all over everyone in there class in America with similar geo settings.
Robin
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm fully aware that it'll work on a race car, but a road car it just won't be as good as it could be. You 100% will not be going at the speeds you need to to get the best out of that setup.

BTW, I studied motorsport at college Rob, I probably know more about suspension than you thought.

Also, I run a car daily with double wishbones front and rear, I know what works and what doesn't, I know how it behaves with more camber.
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm fully aware that it'll work on a race car, but a road car it just won't be as good as it could be. You 100% will not be going at the speeds you need to to get the best out of that setup.

BTW, I studied motorsport at college Rob, I probably know more about suspension than you thought.

Also, I run a car daily with double wishbones front and rear, I know what works and what doesn't, I know how it behaves with more camber.

oooo get you guess what, I study motorsport at Warwick Uni so I think you'll find I know a fair ammount about suspension dynamics along with working with Curtis at ast going 100% or not the setup is still beneficial. And I have first hand knowledge of how my car grips and what I've tested.

[Edited on 07-09-2010 by Rob B]
FAZ
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sik

even better in the flesh
Robin
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And I have first hand knowledge of how my car grips and what I've tested.

So you've tried it with less camber?
Jamie-C

7th Sep 10 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still none the wiser as to what hellaflush means
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes and it felt skittish, why don't you use your knowledge of suspension dyanmics from college to tell me why it will have a negative effect on a road car .
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
I'm still none the wiser as to what hellaflush means

it's just the way to describe a look don't get hung up on it
AK

7th Sep 10 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AK
what on earth is FATLACE and CANIBEAT

www.canibeat.com

cars have a purpose your car is a Track car it looks shabby but ticks all your boxes, my car is still great to drive has great grip and direction change whilst still looking the part, exactly my aim so I'm pleased.

You have trackscotland over your car, it's your forum and no one disputes it. I look on canibeat everyday and fatlace putting a few stickers on is no crime.

Eh

I only ASKED what they were. I wasnt giving you abuse

On the camber front.... the -3.5 would prob work on the front of your car with semi slick tyres.

You add camber to give more tread/contact patch on corners (or add castor for dynamic camber). You simply wont have the grip with those tyres your using to get the tyre flat... hence less grip - ESP in the wet. And pretty damn hairy with it being the rears I'd imagine.

Thanks for calling my cars shabby too. Prick.
FAZ
Premium Member

7th Sep 10 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely every sets their cars up different depending on their asthetic wants and / or drving style?

just my 20ps worth as i have really no idea wt ur actually arguing over :\
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The skyline is shabby exterior wise you know exactly what I ment by that. And it was no way ment as insulting.

A better contact patch regardless of tyre compound will increase grip.

Edit: shabby meaning a few bumps and bruises rivetted on body parts but it serves the purpose you have intended it for and seems to serve it well by the results, that was my point.

[Edited on 07-09-2010 by Rob B]
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
surely every sets their cars up different depending on their asthetic wants and / or drving style?

just my 20ps worth as i have really no idea wt ur actually arguing over :\

your 100% correct s2000s generally are setup with 1degree less camber at the front than the rear
John

7th Sep 10 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would look better if it was at a decent height with wheels that didn't look broken, imo of course.
Jake

7th Sep 10 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trademark comment from john
Paul_J

7th Sep 10 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I always felt Jamie @ Jamsport put too much neg camber on the rear of my car.
205tom

7th Sep 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hella profile, need some dickhead stretch on there to pull it offfffff
heres from of mine, needs to be lowered moreee and some more poke to make up camber tuck

Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks great suits the look
Rob B

7th Sep 10 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also from AKs post s2ks have less camber front due to the 6 degree of castor providing dynamic camber.
richc

7th Sep 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find my self looking at s2k all the time.
Think i need to test drive! Any problems with them?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » S2000 - Wheels on and Lowered Hellaflush *pics* 22 database queries in 0.0164461 seconds