corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel & Temp gauge issue?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel & Temp gauge issue?
Ste M

User status: Offline
5th Aug 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My temp and fuel gauge needles don't move at all, but the speed and rev work fine.

Could this be a fuse issue? I don't see how though - doesn't the speedo run off the same fuse?
kylesri

5th Aug 10 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine is it

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by kylesri]
Ste M

5th Aug 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.2 SXi
kylesri

5th Aug 10 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u tried to bridge the wires of the temp sensor plug to see if the needle goes up if it does then the temp sensor is nackered not sure if there fused though but other than that i would be checking the plugs on the back of the instruments maybe loose connection as there both not working

the rev counter im taking runs of the cable on the gear box along with the speedo

[Edited on 05-08-2010 by kylesri]
Ste M

5th Aug 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there not an easier way? Maybe take the instrument panel out and see if anything is out?

Mind you, would the Haynes tell me what fuses SHOULD be present? When I got the Corsa, the first fuse was missing and half the internal things didn't work. I've sorted that out now like, just stuck a fuse in..
kylesri

5th Aug 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant realy think of any easyer way thats how we do it at work but we go buy what are computers tell us

New Poll