corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » temp gauge not working or is it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author temp gauge not working or is it?
Robertio_uk

User status: Offline
9th Dec 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since ive had my car, my temp gauge has always sat at 0, never moved, but recently it just shot up to 100 and then to the max that the needle can go, im not sure its cos the temp gauge wire has been moved or what but could it be my gauge or is this telling me my car is basically fucked

its a 1.4 8v and done nearly 99000 mile
mike_1.2LS96

9th Dec 03 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, but this happened to me. The temp sensor came off while doing some work, and must have been whacking the engine - the ground and shooting the needle in various ways while on the move.

Hunt for the blue wire and connect it to the pin on the inlet manifold. I think
Robertio_uk

9th Dec 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok...i have found the blue cable but i cant find anyway that it can connect to. i can see a thread of a nut (well looks like one)
but cant seem to connect it and the connecter type is Rectangle and that is round

any suggestions?

[Edited on 09-12-2003 by Robertio_uk]

New Poll