corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Apr 11 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine looks amazing Dan

You and Paul will have to get some videos on dual carriageway of yours putting foot down

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, are those dials of an impreza? and were they hard to fit?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dan, Hope to have a few more things freshened up in the bay while the bodywork gets done, need to re-spray the cam cover for one has has a couple of blemishes but other than that i am more than happy with the way it looks atm

Darryl, the dials/guages are made by auto guage but i am lead to believe the pod they are in is the same size/fitment as what people have used in some impreza's when fitting aftermarket dials. Its slightly wider than the MFD and a lot deeper, i have had to trim it to fit snug but once it gets flocked to match the dash it'll look better imo

[Edited on 12-04-2011 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one! Keep us updated

Darryl H
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Danny, couldn't find one for the life of me!

salam

12th Apr 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great work mate
stu_c

12th Apr 11 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not bad mate. car is looking good matey!!!

u better get it finished for pvs im bring another 5 door this year
Danny W
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 17:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads

Stu, good to hear mate, cheers bud its getting there Haha i shall try my hardest to get it ready for PV, ah wicked are you bringing the one in your profile pic? CS stand?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
scaron5188
Organiser: South West
Premium Member

13th Apr 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking amazing dan! Be good to catch up with you soon!
barney1.6sport

13th Apr 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow... that engines looking cerleeeeeean!
pagey

14th Apr 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good progress Dan, Its really awkward fiddling the intercooler placement with PAS setup, you dont want the PAS pipes anywhere near your rad either!
Did you trim that carbon turbo cover on the left hand side?

What size hard boost pipes you runnin and where from? Looks like youve gone with the frontera 2.3 cooler then?
cya at pvs!

Sean

14th Apr 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not long til pvs now im getting worried myself that im not going to be ready and all i really have to do is paint my car does look wicked though mate this makes me wanna get a more door
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Apr 11 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good. think ive passed you numerous times in your current grey 5 door with out the rm`s on. Also do you live in Wollaston as saw your car there a few months ago parked up.
Danny W
Premium Member

19th Apr 11 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scaron5188, Thanks buddy, yes deffo be good to catch up. Will you be taking your motor PVS?

barney1.6sport, thanks, Always good to hear comments like this#

pagey, Cheers Ad, yeah pain in the ass to get it all to fit ah the I'm using braided Pas lines down behind the front crossmember and the cooler runs infront of the rad, about a 10 - 20mm space from the rad?

I've had to trim the carbon tophat cover quite a lot across the back and down the left hand side but it now fits really well

i am using 2.5" hard pipes with the equivilent Silicone joins and bends, all bought through a local company, yep settled for the 2.3 intercooler, which should be fine for what i'll use the car for.
Baring in mind this is the first turbo car i've built its a work in progress and i may end up swapping things about to get the car running how i'd like.

Yes mate deffo!

Sean, haha yeah tell me about it, really need to get a move on with things but its all down to £££, I will 100% bring the car pvs, it may not be looking how i want bodywork wise but it will be a runner

Graeme, Thanks buddy, i work in wollaston so you'd have seen the old corsa there, yeah i even see you a couple of weeks back on the way back from pod in wollaston. Your Viva is looking very smart

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Premium Member

7th May 11 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well a long way to go till PVS and such a short ammount of time but the car is now a little more complete, decided to leave all the bodywork/re-spray etc. untill after the show.
Main worries are getting it on the road and complete

New Arch Trims
Inner Arch's
SXI wheels
2.0 Brakes refurbed and fitted with new pads and discs
Rear Drums painted fitted with new Shoes
New wheel bearings & Ball joints
Depo Smoked Headlights

To name a few things since the last update

I'm now waiting on parts to arrive (GAZ Coilovers, Speedo Cable, Braided brake lines and a few other little bits) and the main problem i have atm is the loom, this is why the car never ran properly and developed a starting issue. The electrician i am using traced the loom and problems back to where it had previously been tampered with and a few cut, crossed and badly joined wires.
Were now going to be running some new wire in, looking like the car will be ready by the end of the month

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Sean

7th May 11 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good danny
Piér

7th May 11 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome! This is going to such an awesome car
M Sutton

7th May 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, carnt wait to see it finished!
Danny W
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spent a few hours working on the engine bay, prepped and sprayed up the rocker and cambelt covers.
Sprayed up ford graphite to tie in with the carbon fibre and to match the wheels

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Darryl H
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good! What paint did you use for the rocker cover?

nibnob21
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beautiful engine bay. Very tidy and subtle.

MX5 Project Thread
Danny W
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darryl, Thanks buddy. used solvent and 2k laquer
the colour is ford graphite grey

[edit] Just noticed your from camberly, i'm staying down there this week for work, whats the town like? hoping there's a wetherspoons etc. for cheap grub haha

nibnob, thanks mate hoping to keep it as tidy as possible

[Edited on 08-05-2011 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Darryl H
Premium Member

8th May 11 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
Darryl, Thanks buddy. used solvent and 2k laquer
the colour is ford graphite grey

[edit] Just noticed your from camberly, i'm staying down there this week for work, whats the town like? hoping there's a wetherspoons etc. for cheap grub haha

Camberley's not that bad, I'm in blackwater which is about a mile or 2 from the town centre.

There's a lot of restraunts and stuff in the town centre and the new bit they've added on so you should be fine for cheap food! Depending how cheap you wanna go... Rocco's Pizza do a 12" pizza for £3 good value for money

Give us a shout if you get lost/want to know of places to go whilst you're down, might see you about

sharpy28

9th May 11 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume the SXI's are just to get it on the road with? What wheels will you be putting on evetually? the old BBS's?
DansCorsaSXi
Premium Member

9th May 11 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Dan!

I like the polished oil cap

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door 24 database queries in 0.1079800 seconds