corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 11 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Olsrey
Changed a fair lot then . Crank sensor would be my point of call. Make sure you get the right one though as there are two different types. Did you hear your engine running before you bought it? If not perhaps the previous owner swapped the crank sensor for the other type?

haha yeah you could say that Ok several people have suggested the Crank sensor so hopefully it'll be a dodgy one or wrong type, Do you know which type i should be ordering? (it'll be just my luck i've ordered the wrong one :lol

Yeah engine was a runner beforehand but was sent to have a refresh and rebuild so i know the internals are sound

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Get it running you big gay!

Shhh you! lol Get your interior fitted!

quote:
Originally posted by Chris C
Looks awesome mate, I do love a 5-door let 8)

Thanks Chris its your old Arden 5 door that got me thinking about building this one

[Edited on 01-02-2011 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Olsrey

1st Feb 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny W
quote:
Changed a fair lot then . Crank sensor would be my point of call. Make sure you get the right one though as there are two different types. Did you hear your engine running before you bought it? If not perhaps the previous owner swapped the crank sensor for the other type?

haha yeah you could say that Ok several people have suggested the Crank sensor so hopefully it'll be a dodgy one or wrong type, Do you know which type i should be ordering? (it'll be just my luck i've ordered the wrong one :lol

Yeah engine was a runner beforehand but was sent to have a refresh and rebuild so i know the internals are sound
Have you ordered a genuine Bosch one?
Danny W
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Couldn't find a Bosch one, but was recomended a Siemens (spelling) one? was told it suits the c20xe & c20let

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Olsrey

1st Feb 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Couldn't find a Bosch one, but was recomended a Siemens (spelling) one? was told it suits the c20xe & c20let
Should've phoned AutoVaux . Oh and I think there is only 1 that works with LET's but 2 that work with XE's (depending on the ignition type).
Danny W
Premium Member

1st Feb 11 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah i see, ok i'll see if this one works if not i'll give AutoVaux a ring over the weekend as there wont be any harm in getting a geuniune bosch one

Thanks for the advice though

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Chris C

2nd Feb 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at pics of my old one the other day ...

You should save up for a diff when it's up and running, I got mine from steveslim. Never had it in the let but it was awesome in the xe, best £500 you'll spend
Danny W
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah your old one was a bit of a beast i heard.

I bought a atb diff from steve when i had the engine rebuilt, heard a lot of good things about them.

Update on the running problems.
Changed the fuel relay for a known working one .. again and also fitted the new crank position sensor, engine cranks over still and now have fuel to the rail but still no EML when ignition is turned and no spark?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Olsrey

5th Feb 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I bought a atb diff from steve when i had the engine rebuilt, heard a lot of good things about them.

Changed the fuel relay for a known working one .. again and also fitted the new crank position sensor, engine cranks over still and now have fuel to the rail but still no EML when ignition is turned and no spark?

Does the EML light actually work? As in does the bulb work.

[Edited on 05-02-2011 by Olsrey]
Danny W
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 14:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Does the EML light actually work?

Yep i've tried the bulb and it works, also if i ground the EML wire (in the footwell) it lights up

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Olsrey

5th Feb 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing I can think of is you've got the wrong wire. When I wired up my XE first there was two wires the same colour on the Corsa loom so I didn't know which was the EML wire. Maybe the same thing here?
MarkSport

5th Mar 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with olsrey on this. I say you have the wrong wire or perhaps its come undone
Danny W
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

Weathers been getting better and with the light nights and with the other car getting scrapped i can start to do a bit more on the turbo.

Swapped the rear offside door for a good one with no rust/dents

And started work on the interior:
Standard

Flocked Doorcards, Lower trim, A B C pillars, Grab Handles all fitted

Calibra Rear bench tailored to fit the corsa frame and fitted

Front seats Fitted, and wired in for heated leather

And as for the exterior:

Colour coded handles, mirrors, scuttle, roof rails, rub strips removed and de badged, clear side repeators & all red rear lights fitted.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Dale

2nd Apr 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good is that the final place for the intercooler? you will be cutting alot of bumper
Danny W
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not necissarily the final place, i'm yet to offer the bumper on to be fair lol any suggestions as to getting it sitting better?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

2nd Apr 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good Danny

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
SeanXE

2nd Apr 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, looked like a nice strong shell when I came down
Dale

2nd Apr 11 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Not necissarily the final place, i'm yet to offer the bumper on to be fair lol any suggestions as to getting it sitting better?

turn it around so the intercooler sits on the boost pipes at its lowest and the cooler core will go higher but its easier to hide....

How mine sits without bumper

with bumper

you can see if it was any lower i would have to cut loads out the bumper...
stu_c

12th Apr 11 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates danny?
Olsrey

12th Apr 11 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We mounted my frontera intercooler the other way as Dale has said.

[Edited on 12-04-2011 by Olsrey]
pagey

12th Apr 11 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny if it helps u mate have a look in my project thread at how i mounted my cooler, core fits flush with lower grill, didnt have to cut any bumper it fits perfect, looking good though bud
Danny W
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 18:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c
any updates danny?

Heya Stu How's things?
I've a few updates, the main ones being :

Flocked dash may be on the cards in the coming week to finish the interior (everything else has been transferred from the old 5 door)

I'm using a impreza guage pod in place of the mfd for my Oil pressure/temp/boost guages (need to finish wiring these in)

Hubs are being rebuilt with new bearings this weekend (for peace of mind)

I've re-done the boost pipework as i've added a bailey DV, & managed to seat the intercooler further back & sitting higher, i have re placed the pipes on the oil cooler and re routed them to sit it behind the intercooler but above the PAS setup.

Bumper has been trimmed and fitted, (lower grill has been cut) but main shape of the smooth front is still there.

finished off treating & sealing the arch's/underside.

Sorry for the lack of photo's atm i shall grab them and upload if i have some spare time this weekend.

Cheers for the photo's and suggestions Dale, Olsrey and Pagey, i've had a look and have re adjusted as best as i can but due to using the PAS setup its a lil tight for space haha

To be fair its pretty much all there, i just havent had as much time £££ to spend on it recently due to work but i'm not in much of a rush as long as i know its all done properly

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Olsrey

12th Apr 11 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you sort the starting issue?
Danny W
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not entirly nope, much of the same problems but i've been in contact with an electrician who is meant to be spot on with Vaux/opels, he will be popping over to see if he can diagnose the fault or where the problem may lie. I'm just waiting on a work free weekend.

Oh while i am online i can post a few photo's i do have

This is the intercooler i'm now using

Tight for space behind it

[Edited on 12-04-2011 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Christopher

12th Apr 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O cant wait to see this! if this is half as nice as your old one im going to love it
Danny W
Premium Member

12th Apr 11 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Christopher, great to hear comments like that I'm aiming to get the car on the road for PVS so you may well get to see it if you are showing with corsasport this year?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » 'Bagged & Boosted' 5 Door 24 database queries in 0.1562462 seconds