corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5)
Jambo

User status: Offline
5th Jul 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not shitty. The right thing to do, people saying its shitty/grassing them up etc, thats just playground shit
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can't afford it don't drive it. What a stupid fucking comment. It's like going into a shop and walking out with a tv and saying I can't afford but want to watch the world cup. Probably a shit comparison but I don't give a fuck. You did the right thing matthew

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
BeetleGav

5th Jul 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im glad i have a tax free car aswel makes it worth while as the roads are such a shitty state!
barter

5th Jul 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think its well harsh,had a few mates that had no tax for awhile etc,but insurence is a differnt matter.my view youve stuck your nose in something you didnt need to.
Whittie

5th Jul 10 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A local man got crashed into by an un-insured lad the other week.

Turns out the local man, only had a provisional licence, and hasn't had a licence for the 30 years he's driven. Even though he was insured, it was him that came out worse.

ed

5th Jul 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably got no insurance either. The right thing to do TBH.

There's an un-taxed car in my parking space that doesn't seem to have moved in about 2 years. Shame it's on private property
craig_s

5th Jul 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm pretty sure if its got no tax its got no insurance,sure insurance says the vehicle must be taxed to be used and insured on public roads.

so yeah you done the right thing,im not a grass but why should i pay £200 a year when someone else pays nothing and they probably use the car more than i use mine!
Hammer

5th Jul 10 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have done it but then I've not stuck my valid tax disk in my window for over 6 months either
Nic Barnes

5th Jul 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt have done it and never would do it. what if they find out and fuck you up?
big eck

5th Jul 10 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but that's bang out of order specially if they havnt done anything bad towards you. just exactly what were you getting out it?
kz

5th Jul 10 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even though I probably couldn't be arsed doing it, I agree with what you've done and you shouldn't feel bad about it! We are all paying through the teeth... so why the fuck should he be any different.
belton

5th Jul 10 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
Sorry but that's bang out of order specially if they havnt done anything bad towards you. just exactly what were you getting out it?

I agree. It's not insurance. And it's not gunna make your £200 go down. A complete waste of your own time when I am sure you could have done something alot more constructive for yourself. All your doing is causing grief for whoever car it was. Fair enough if they are a complete arse. But you don't seem to even know them. Could be some poor old sod that has forgot. And now will not be able to offord the fine? (I know you see them daily so this is unlikely) but what have they done to you?
Hammer

5th Jul 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought folk were automatically fined nowadays as it's all computerised?
lostboy
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck the cunt he should have bought his tax like the rest of us do, I'm in a financial shit hole at the minute but I make sure I can buy my tax and pay my insurance, buying my tax last month actually fucked things up for me.

Fuck all those saying you're out of order (belton your argument is weak mate, something constructive? Take your brain for a shit. Big eck, what? Seriously, what? What was he getting out of it? Grassing some tax evading tosser up that's what, shouldn't need to get anything out of it except pleasure) there is people out there struggling to do things the honest way so why should tax evaders (and possibly insurance evaders) get away with it?
Eck
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't shop him in. Do you phone the police every time someone overtakes you when you're doing the speed limit or on their mobile? Not saying what he is doing is right as not being taxed for nigh on a year is taking the piss, but I still wouldn't do it unless he REALLY pissed me off
jamied

6th Jul 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I wouldn't shop him in. Do you phone the police every time someone overtakes you when you're doing the speed limit or on their mobile? Not saying what he is doing is right as not being taxed for nigh on a year is taking the piss, but I still wouldn't do it unless he REALLY pissed me off

exactly what I was trying to say.
pow
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was a month or soomething fair play, but a car untaxed for a year used daily?
P1CK4D

6th Jul 10 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
If it was a month or soomething fair play, but a car untaxed for a year used daily?

Sounds more like your jealous as he's getting away with it. Tax doesnt have an immediate affect on us. If he has the balls to do it, let him crack on, fair play. I'd love to not care and try and get away with shit like that Unless he was a complete cunt and deserved to be snitched on.
johnhara1

6th Jul 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You grass

I wouldn't have shopped him either, the police have ANPR so they'd soon pick him up themselves if he is actually using the car daily.
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should have checked his tyre tread as well then rang police. Were there any sharp edges that the dvla may be interested or mods that his insurance dont know about such as clear side repeaters? Is the hedge in the garden too tall or when they play duran duran at 9pm at night too loud? Why stop at car tax?
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and out of interest, you are happy to say what you have done on the net. Would you go and knock on their door and say you have reported them?
ssj_kakarot

6th Jul 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
oh and out of interest, you are happy to say what you have done on the net. Would you go and knock on their door and say you have reported them?

well no thats stupid, not like hes going to look on here is it.

And sorry you want to drive pay for your tax.

considering he hasnt had it taxed in a year i very much doubt hes got any insurance either, so he has taken one more dangerous driver off the road, and possibly prevented some serious issues for every one if the dude crashed into someone.

Im pretty sure all those who are saying its harsh to report him would change their mind if he crashed into them and they found out his insurance is invalid if he even had any to start off with
am4nf

6th Jul 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with the for and against in this

Yes he should be paying like the rest of us

But at the end of the day its not up to you to catch him and if you care that much I think you need to get into the police or dvla

EDIT: If he has no insurance or MOT too I take the above back

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by am4nf]
Nic Barnes

6th Jul 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dangerous driver? Get a grip. There are people all legal that are dangerous. Just because someone doesnt have a tax disc doesnt make them dangerous. Do you download films and music illegally? Whats the difference? Doesnt make you am internet terrorist does it?
Tommy L

6th Jul 10 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnhara1
You grass

I wouldn't have shopped him either, the police have ANPR so they'd soon pick him up themselves if he is actually using the car daily.
You'd think that they would pick him up but he's gone a year so far

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Am i a harsh git?? (small update pg5) 23 database queries in 0.0128539 seconds