corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Been told I need a new BCM?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Been told I need a new BCM?
Chrissy
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 10 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put my car into the garage today as none of the indicators are working.

It's flashing twice as fast on the dash, both sides, but outside theres no bulbs flashing.
When I put the hazards on its flashing at the proper speed inside but again no bulbs flashing outside.

I noticed also that when I put my headlights/sidelights on the speedo and mileage dim and my stereo lights start flickering..

The guy at the garage said he checked all the fuses and fitted a new relay. Now he's told me I'll need to take it to vauxhall to have a new control module fitted (I presume this is the BCM) and that it needs to be Tech 2'd.

Does this sound right? Is it going to cost a fortune?

>>>> Chris <<<<

alan t

2nd Jun 10 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it does sound bcm related, but then it could be fuses or relays, or wiring faults. best bet would probably to get vauxhall to check it. not to sure how much a bcm will cost for a corsa but it will have to be programmed by tech 2. id imagine it would cost a few hundred mate, all depends on how much the bcm costs and how much your local dealer charges for labour
bubble

3rd Jun 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

early corsa c's were prone to the bcm's failing and normally resulted in indicators flashing fast but no bulbs out.

as for dash dimming when sidelights on-try changing dimmer switch to maximum
barney1.6sport

3rd Jun 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem on my car, hit the hazard switch a few time sn it stopped LOL

New Poll