corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Timing Chain??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Timing Chain??
blebo

User status: Offline
18th Mar 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Corsa B sxi 1.2 16v.

Have noticed that the engine rattles, as thought the timing was out, when I change gear (as in 2nd to 3rd, when you lift the clutch in 3rd it rattles as the revs pick up) this also happens when on the motorway when trying to sit at 80mph except this time its a constant rattling. if you acceletare / slow down it goes away.

I belive this has a timing chain rather than a timing belt.

I dunno.....please help

Cheers Blebo
corsas suck

18th Mar 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITS A CORSA! NUFF SAID!
corsas suck

18th Mar 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually if you replace the timing ger witht hat from a reliant kitten then itll probably add about 50 bhp and if you set it up propery it could go up to 1000000000000000000 break squrillel power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blebo

18th Mar 03 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsas suck
ITS A CORSA! AND THEY ARE MINT CARS WHICH I REALLY LOVE, I HOPE YOU GET THIS PROPLEM SORTED SO THAT YOU CAN GET YOU CAR BACK ON THE ROAD SOON!

Cheers Mate

[Edited on 18-03-2003 by blebo]

[Edited on 18-03-2003 by blebo]
RickV6

18th Mar 03 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AgentBlue

18th Mar 03 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the chains are under constant spring tension, so I would doubt it is your chain but sounds like something is loose and is resonating could be a mount or part of the exhaust.
DaveC

18th Mar 03 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob just be exhaust baffles ratling around somewhere. perhaps the cat?
Dan_Corsa

22nd Mar 03 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if u think your chain is rattling get it looked at i didn't as i new i was fittin a new engine and yesterday mornin my chain came of its teeth givin the same affect as a cambelt snappin,the aa guys words where big money,it's lucky i get my new engine on tuesday,it's just worth leetin some 1 have a look if u don't plan changing the engine

[Edited on 22-03-2003 by Dan_Corsa]
fearless

22nd Mar 03 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

r u sure it timing chain rattling - x10xe/x12xe engines prone to front cat bracket breaking and rattling - if not that weve replaced a few chains/tensioners and simplex guides at work for same problem

New Poll