corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road kill, what have you hit?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road kill, what have you hit?
Andrew

User status: Offline
18th May 10 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hit a small bird last weekend on a country road - felt quite bad
Tomnova16
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

foxes, deer, rabbits, asian, pidgeon, small bird, most of them caused damage oh and clipped a badger, it had a nose bleed than got up and ran off

[Edited on 18-05-2010 by Tomnova16]

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
pow
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hit a fair amount, squirrel in my corsa, that just died under my wheel, used to do a rabbit a week almost when working n Datchet, silly bastards used to run out infront of me when I was streaming up the releif road!

Badger caused the most mess.

OHHH the best was a pheasant. I learnt to drive off road, going up the long back straight in my Dad's pretty much brand new A3 giving it a good test I hit a pheasant. I was picking it out the grill while my Dad was shouting at me LOL. Had a fitty in the car at the time as well, was also towing a cone trailer :lol;
JaffaTB

18th May 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nearly hit a few cats but i try to slow down when i see then near the road as they have a habit of running out into the road just as you get close
N3CRO

18th May 10 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The biggest thing I've hit was a baby fox.
My dad once hit a hare, smashed his bumper up nicely and the hare got up and hopped off
SportBoy

18th May 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive just been out and nearly hit a duck,a cat and 2 chavs on pushbike in the dark with no lights.
AlunJ

18th May 10 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a small bird once, about it, had some nut case walk out on me not looking my way and so hit him at slow speed
N3CRO

18th May 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
well ive just been out and nearly hit 2 chavs on pushbike in the dark with no lights.

What were you thinking!? You missed!
SportBoy

18th May 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt want to damage my car tbh
All Torque

18th May 10 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rabbit x3
Deliberately hit a pigeon on the way to PVS 07
N3CRO

18th May 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
didnt want to damage my car tbh

Guess thats a good enuff reason
Jack1.6valver

18th May 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hit many a critter on the road,although i never try to hit anything would rather not damage my car,had a couple of close ones with deers,thank fuck i've never smited one of those bad boys.

I did hit a wall last week tho,tryed blowing my horn but it wouldn't get out of the way. . . . . . .just another day for the 5 door veteran and i can say the wall came off worse than the car,slightly buckled front wheel,no more splitter and another battle scar. . . . . . . . . minor issues.
pow
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhhh Neo will back up when I say that I ran a pidgeon over and got shouted at by some animal rights woman
AlexW

18th May 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much really, saw a mate hit some bird, flew up, bumped his windscreen a bit and then smashed into the ladders lol
lostboy
Banned

18th May 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by belton
The other day i was at my girlfriends house and fitted my brand new irmscher grille, really pleased, i did this as we were leaving hers to come to mine, driving back there is a really nice straight in the middle of some country lanes, i decided to test out the power gains of my new grille. so was going about 60, then out of no where a pheasant ran out infront of my car and yea i hit it, but it didnt go under the car, it literally went flying about 30 ft into the like some sort of huge brown snow ball, it was like something out of a movie, watching it in the air i remeber thinking, i pray to fucking god that doesnt hit the windscreen. Luckily it went over he car
anyway, there was some rover thing right behind me, and when i stoped at a junction the guy got out of the car and accused me of speeding up when i say it, which i couldnt have as it ran out a split second infront of me.
He was such a cock.
but anyway, resulted in a broken number plate, irmscher grille snapped in 3 pieces, and loads of blood and crap behind my front bumper
great.

Tbh i think DRS is winning this thread at the moment, i remeber reading about when he hi t a deer i think it was on migweb

Fucking hell mate, you ever heard of paragraphs?
ed

18th May 10 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Badger, knocked the front bumper off of the car.

Pigeon, shat all over the place.

Rabbit, who gives a fuck. Dirty vermin.
Neo

18th May 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fox - Not much damage, smashed inside wheel arch a bit and dented the door

Pigeon - Went through the foglight, so new fog light, arch liner, Splitter and a bit of work to cover the crack up.

Cat - Cracked the bumper slightly
Rich H

18th May 10 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
asian and clipped a badger, it had a nose bleed than got up and ran off

Badger, dead badger, fox, numerous rabbits, pheasants, sparrows, pigeons, magpies etc. Joys of living in the country I guess!
marklawton

18th May 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

killed a robin once, this is why you dont use your morettes as cold air feeds, lol

but, this morning as soon as i left home to go to work i seen a little puppy run into the main road and get run over by the back wheels of a double decker bus, was not a nice sight, felt like i was going to throw up
Ben G

18th May 10 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran over a fox in the focus. my arsehole almost gave way.

luckily he ran out and went under the front of the car, smashing my splash guard into about 3 pieces so no damage that you could see.

one piece fell out when i was doing over 130, my arsehole gave way that time
chr15barn3s

18th May 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hit this a few weeks ago.

Other than that not a lot really. Few pigeons I think.
djgritt
Premium Member

18th May 10 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had easily over 10 pheasants - the best time was when I was heading back home one evening (out in the sticks down single track lanes), was going down a clear 1 mile straight at 70-80mph, when 2 pheasants both came out from a bush with little space. They tried to fly off but one bounced off my A-Pillar and the other off the top of the windscreen - 2-for-1 win!

I've had numerous sparrows and small birds - picked one up on the way to work in a Prison one morning, the drug dog doing the car search at the vehicle lock was going mental in my wheelarch and the handler started getting a bit suspicious, until the little Spaniel bastard excitedly ripped said sparrow out from a split it made in the Arch Liner...

The worst (for guilt feeling) was when I killed a Barn Owl - poor fucker was eating something in the road and may have been dazed by my headlights causing it to take off too late and hit my windscreen full pelt before bouncing down the road. Felt massively guilty by that one, I like Owls.

I haven't scored any of the big hitters like Deer, Foxes, Badgers etc.
Colin

18th May 10 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of cats & a seagull.
morpheus22

19th May 10 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a fox at about 50, made a right state of the front bumper. knocked my wing mirror off aswell
MarkSport

19th May 10 at 06:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So far I've been good (or just not had things run out in front of me)

Hit

a fox
a cat
a rabbit
a few rats/vole (coutry lane driving)

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road kill, what have you hit? 23 database queries in 0.1882699 seconds