corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road kill, what have you hit?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road kill, what have you hit?
16vtwinport

User status: Offline
19th May 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive hit a dear one night but it wasnt as bad as this one

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by 16vtwinport]
DJMartin07

19th May 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hit a few Pheasents, rabbits, a badger. The useall things to run out infront of you on country roads.
corsa_paz

19th May 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive hit a pikey (went under car, drunken state(him, not me), broke both he's shins)

Old lady ( under car, her fault, broke her leg)

Hen (on m1, hit it so hard the egg inside it splated over my windscreen)!
Drift_Erm
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th May 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 Deers

( one of which Cat C'd my last Corsa)

1 Angry pissed Man

WidowMaker

19th May 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hit a spider pig there were pig tracks all over my roof :O
nathy_87

19th May 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A bird flew into my car while i was doing 60mph, cracked the number plate ( as it was just before my MOT test) and feathers were everywhere

Hita few rabbits down country roads and a pheasnt that was flipping in the air after I hit it.

Edit; I slowed down/stopped for a family of deers mum,dad and young one, I couldn't run them over especially when the young one looked at me with it's puppy like eyes.

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo]
Tom G

19th May 10 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
smashed a sheep up.

Told you Nic, this is the internet!! PICS OR GTF!!
Baskey

19th May 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran over a stoat. First time id seen one in the wild
Graham88

19th May 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hit a squirrel at 120mph, just saw a furry tail rolling down the road, I presume it died

Tbh, I rarely hit anything, it's usually just bloody close!
Fro

19th May 10 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went over an already dead fox when i had my xe and it got caught underneath for a couple miles. Kept hearing it smashing about at 80 mph
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I honestly can't believe this thread. People bragging about what poor animals they have killed on the roads. Seriously?

I am no tree hugger, but I love my animals and people bragging about killing dogs, cats, sheep and birds, what has corsa sport become?

Disgusts me to be honest, I know some are just stating they have hit this and it has been an accident, but the people who have killed 20 odd animals in what like 4 years of driving must be aiming for the animal.

I have been driving 7 years and never once hit an animal on the road. Been fair few close calls, but always managed to avoid it.

Oh well nevermind won't change anything just a small rant at how disgusting some people are in this world.
Graham88

19th May 10 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seriously doubt anybody would purposely hit an animal in their pride and joys.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

19th May 10 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you not see how many dead animals are in the road, its the same as accidents, you could go your whole driving life not being in one and someone could have 1 a year and not being their fault, sometimes things are un avoidable,
i seriously doubt anyone aims for the animals to fuck there car up or even write it off

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

I seriously doubt anybody would purposely hit an animal in their pride and joys.

Well then they must have the attention span of a 5 year old. To be able to kill so much in a few years of driving. If you really have your eyes on the road, you will most likely avoid most of the things that come at you. As I said most people who have posted were just accidents, but managing to rack up a huge list of animals killed then they need to go back to driving lessons. IMO
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
do you not see how many dead animals are in the road, its the same as accidents, you could go your whole driving life not being in one and someone could have 1 a year and not being their fault, sometimes things are un avoidable,
i seriously doubt anyone aims for the animals to fuck there car up or even write it off

Yes I do see that in the UK, which gets back to my point of people not really paying attention to the road, which is 100% true as most drivers will not be able to avoid anything.

Some people just don't care though, reason for so many. They just think ahh I'm not braking I might crash, so just keep going til they here a thud.

I know none of you will agree with me, like I care its the internet.
corsa - gus

19th May 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hit loads of things, the worst road kill was in my old sport when I scuttled three deer at once! Was really lucky tough, had next to no damage and venison burgers for a week
Graham88

19th May 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only reason I haven't hit animals is because they have moved out the way, I see it so many times where people crash swerving to avoid an animal and write their cars off or whatever, it's not worth it for the sake of hitting an animal it's better just to hit it
belton

19th May 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16vtwinport
ive hit a dear one night but it wasnt as bad as this one

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by 16vtwinport]

haha do you think you could stomach cleaning it? i am not sure if i could, becuase you would have to literally pick the thing out

Then again could save you a fwe quid that even, all that fox grilled in the engine bay
Graham88

19th May 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it destroyed the engine IIRC
belton

19th May 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
quote:
Originally posted by belton
The other day i was at my girlfriends house and fitted my brand new irmscher grille, really pleased, i did this as we were leaving hers to come to mine, driving back there is a really nice straight in the middle of some country lanes, i decided to test out the power gains of my new grille. so was going about 60, then out of no where a pheasant ran out infront of my car and yea i hit it, but it didnt go under the car, it literally went flying about 30 ft into the like some sort of huge brown snow ball, it was like something out of a movie, watching it in the air i remeber thinking, i pray to fucking god that doesnt hit the windscreen. Luckily it went over he car
anyway, there was some rover thing right behind me, and when i stoped at a junction the guy got out of the car and accused me of speeding up when i say it, which i couldnt have as it ran out a split second infront of me.
He was such a cock.
but anyway, resulted in a broken number plate, irmscher grille snapped in 3 pieces, and loads of blood and crap behind my front bumper
great.

Tbh i think DRS is winning this thread at the moment, i remeber reading about when he hi t a deer i think it was on migweb

Fucking hell mate, you ever heard of paragraphs?

The other day i was at my girlfriends house and fitted my brand new irmscher grille, really pleased, i did this as we were leaving hers to come to mine, driving back there is a really nice straight in the middle of some country lanes, i decided to test out the power gains of my new grille. so was going about 60, then out of no where a pheasant ran out infront of my car and yea i hit it, but it didnt go under the car, it literally went flying about 30 ft into the like some sort of huge brown snow ball, it was like something out of a movie, watching it in the air i remeber thinking, i pray to fucking god that doesnt hit the windscreen. Luckily it went over he car. anyway, there was some rover thing right behind me, and when i stoped at a junction the guy got out of the car and accused me of speeding up when i say it, which i couldnt have as it ran out a split second infront of me. He was such a cock. but anyway, resulted in a broken number plate, irmscher grille snapped in 3 pieces, and loads of blood and crap behind my front bumper. great.

That is no paragraphs> this a corsa forum, meant for casual chat, not an english a level exam
am4nf

19th May 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing Ive hit was a tiny little bird while I was driving a B150

Had a few near misses with pheasant, a dear, a few foxes and a rabbit

GF has clipped a hare and completely flattened a young pheasant
adiohead

19th May 10 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a man
a cat
ChrisBoom

19th May 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wrote off a works van hitting a deer, and the odd phesant etc. Nothing major in the car though, touch wood.

Friends type-r a few months ago when he hit a mammoth stag :

am4nf

19th May 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everytime something has ran or flew out in front of me ive done my best to avoid it, its not so much me thinking about the car, its just a reaction, even the small bird I killed I slammed on the brakes but to no avail
stan_the_man

19th May 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive hit two deer in my time!

What a mess they make!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road kill, what have you hit? 23 database queries in 0.1746600 seconds