corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road kill, what have you hit?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Road kill, what have you hit?
corsadonk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th May 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VipeR-X
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
do you not see how many dead animals are in the road, its the same as accidents, you could go your whole driving life not being in one and someone could have 1 a year and not being their fault, sometimes things are un avoidable,
i seriously doubt anyone aims for the animals to fuck there car up or even write it off

Yes I do see that in the UK, which gets back to my point of people not really paying attention to the road, which is 100% true as most drivers will not be able to avoid anything.

Some people just don't care though, reason for so many. They just think ahh I'm not braking I might crash, so just keep going til they here a thud.

I know none of you will agree with me, like I care its the internet.

Yeah ok mate I do over 40k a year live in the country, and missed loads of things, but sometimes it ain't possable, the tiny bird on the first page came from nowhere on a country road. The mess below it ran out to the middle of the duel carriage, dodged the car in front of me on the inside lane, then jumped infront of me

When we had all the snow at the start of the year a barn owl flew out at me. I hit the brakes all four wheels locked up, and went side ways, I over corrected it went the other way. Then let go of the wheel and it sorted it's self out, which was nice

Been driving almost 10 years, like I said and do a fair few miles, day and night.
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
do you not see how many dead animals are in the road, its the same as accidents, you could go your whole driving life not being in one and someone could have 1 a year and not being their fault, sometimes things are un avoidable,
i seriously doubt anyone aims for the animals to fuck there car up or even write it off

Yes I do see that in the UK, which gets back to my point of people not really paying attention to the road, which is 100% true as most drivers will not be able to avoid anything.

Some people just don't care though, reason for so many. They just think ahh I'm not braking I might crash, so just keep going til they here a thud.

I know none of you will agree with me, like I care its the internet.

Yeah ok mate I do over 40k a year live in the country, and missed loads of things, but sometimes it ain't possable, the tiny bird on the first page came from nowhere on a country road. The mess below it ran out to the middle of the duel carriage, dodged the car in front of me on the inside lane, then jumped infront of me

When we had all the snow at the start of the year a barn owl flew out at me. I hit the brakes all four wheels locked up, and went side ways, I over corrected it went the other way. Then let go of the wheel and it sorted it's self out, which was nice

Been driving almost 10 years, like I said and do a fair few miles, day and night.

You just posted like I was generally aiming my post at you? Sorry to put a downer on your ego, but I wasn't aiming at anyone in particular just a general post on how this thread sickens me with people laughing at killing some poor animal that could do nothing about it.

I used to do a lot of miles and lived in the country, but I am glad you said you tried to avoid these things, but I am just stating that most will/wont try to do anything.

Just to clarify my post is mostly aimed at people that generally don't give a shit if they kill an animal on the road and would probably aim for it rather than to slow down or to avoid these things happening (even if it is in there pride and joy).

As said before, me posting will do nothing and this is the internet where the cool kids want to brag about the dumb crap that they do.
fir3vip3r

19th May 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I honestly can't believe this thread. People bragging about what poor animals they have killed on the roads. Seriously?

I am no tree hugger, but I love my animals and people bragging about killing dogs, cats, sheep and birds, what has corsa sport become?

Disgusts me to be honest, I know some are just stating they have hit this and it has been an accident, but the people who have killed 20 odd animals in what like 4 years of driving must be aiming for the animal.

I have been driving 7 years and never once hit an animal on the road. Been fair few close calls, but always managed to avoid it.

Oh well nevermind won't change anything just a small rant at how disgusting some people are in this world.

It disgusts, you think people "aim" for animals? are you that clueless? Its a fact of a life, I hit a fox doing 70 on the A1, no chance would i take any avoiding action, id rather a poor innocent fox snuffed it than i wrote my car off/injured myself.

If an animal runs out in front of a car id much rather hit it than slam on the anchors and risk someone hitting me from behind/causing an accident etc.

But then im not an animal person
16vKarlos

19th May 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hahaha funny you should bring this thread up...

My partner was on her way to pick me up when i heard a MASSIVE SMACK SMACK.. they smacks were about half a second apart...

anyway she comes around the corner (by dominoes in hastings) and tells me she has just hit TWO not one TWO seaguls and she thinks they are dead....

i asked her to take a trip back around the one way system so that i could see...

on my way around she says.. they were fighting and i thought they were going to move so i didnt slow down.

anyhow, we drive back around and i am CRYING with laughter.... everyone was dodgeing these lil fuckers and i couldnt bare it...

Should have got pics.. makes me just thinking about it
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find hitting animals funny...whats your problem?
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
I honestly can't believe this thread. People bragging about what poor animals they have killed on the roads. Seriously?

I am no tree hugger, but I love my animals and people bragging about killing dogs, cats, sheep and birds, what has corsa sport become?

Disgusts me to be honest, I know some are just stating they have hit this and it has been an accident, but the people who have killed 20 odd animals in what like 4 years of driving must be aiming for the animal.

I have been driving 7 years and never once hit an animal on the road. Been fair few close calls, but always managed to avoid it.

Oh well nevermind won't change anything just a small rant at how disgusting some people are in this world.

It disgusts, you think people "aim" for animals? are you that clueless? Its a fact of a life, I hit a fox doing 70 on the A1, no chance would i take any avoiding action, id rather a poor innocent fox snuffed it than i wrote my car off/injured myself.

If an animal runs out in front of a car id much rather hit it than slam on the anchors and risk someone hitting me from behind/causing an accident etc.

But then im not an animal person

Yes of course there WILL be accidents, but if you actually read my post properly you would see that I stated that. Nevermind this will just turn into a KEYBOARD WARRIOR fight, I said my piece just can't see how people can kill so MANY.

Also just goes to show people care a lot more about how there car is than an animal. As I said before also, knew no one would agree with me. Do you own any pets per chance? Just wondering because if you own a dog/cat and it got run over, guarantee you would blame the driver for lack of attention on the road, but nevermind gonna stop and just let you all get hero status from fellow corsasport members of the road kill you managed to muster.
fir3vip3r

19th May 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sir, is that a chip on your shoulder?

I have cats and a dog, and if the bloody thing was in the road when it got hit by a car, i wouldnt blame the driver, im not a complete idiot!

If something is in the road chances are its going to get hit, its not the drivers fault..

And yes i would rather hit an animal than write my car off!
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats about as far as I got sorry.
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what you are saying is, if we see a rabbit in the road we should swerve like a maniac and risk the driver, passengers and potentially other drivers on the road to save the rabbit? fuck off mate
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I ever state that? I said you should TRY and avoid it, but most of you wont I know that.

Never get through to any of you, so doesn't matter what I write, if you don't like it, don't reply. Simple, no? Crazy one person out of thousands that view this web site doesn't like this thread and you all get your panties in a twist.
neil h

19th May 10 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all well and good saying you should try and avoid running over animals, but in the vast majority of roadkill type accidents its simply not safe to do so.

Consequently flopsy bunny eats bumper. Sorry thats just the way it goes.
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Did I ever state that? I said you should TRY and avoid it, but most of you wont I know that.

Never get through to any of you, so doesn't matter what I write, if you don't like it, don't reply. Simple, no? Crazy one person out of thousands that view this web site doesn't like this thread and you all get your panties in a twist.

sorry mate you went off topic, this was a thread about what WAS hit , not was avoided, if you dont like it then make another thread called "Road Kill, what have you avoided?"

back on topic please.
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
Its all well and good saying you should try and avoid running over animals, but in the vast majority of roadkill type accidents its simply not safe to do so.

Consequently flopsy bunny eats bumper. Sorry thats just the way it goes.

And I accept that, accidents happen, shit happens, poor bunny move on. It's the fact people find it funny to post up pics or to state how many roadkills they have done in the past week. Oh yeah go me I am a MAN I just hit a deer.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.
fir3vip3r

19th May 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Panties in a twist really?

I thought we were having a discussion, with both sides of the argument being discussed? or is that not allowed?
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:

sorry mate you went off topic, this was a thread about what WAS hit , not was avoided, if you dont like it then make another thread called "Road Kill, what have you avoided?"

back on topic please.

Hahaha

As said one person with an opinion on it and you can't take it? Typical corsa sport, I just usually read the threads and don't post, but thought this thread had gone to far IMO. Of course this is MY OPINION, which I am entitled to get across. My post is still on topic as it is against the topic, not all posts will go with the topic you know?
neil h

19th May 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf hitting pigeons is hilarious, they just explode in a big cloud of feathers
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I thought we were having a discussion, with both sides of the argument being discussed? or is that not allowed?

Well yes of course we can have a discussion. Would go nicely with a cup of tea and a scone. This arguement is like the Swiss navy going up against the Royal Navy, no chance in hell will I win or get any point across.

Everyone has opinions they are all entitled to them, some of you are just baiting now, which I won't respond to. I will discuss with anyone that has anything constructive to go on. Not just "I find it fun to hit things" or "I laughed when i ran over that kitten".

And before anyone starts with high horse crap, I do not think I am any better of a driver or pay better attention on the road, but I just generally want more people to do so. You may all think I'm an idiot, fair enough like I care, it's the internet.
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am going to go out my way now to hit animals after your comments
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i am going to go out my way now to hit animals after your comments

Good to know, then you can post up the damage and be the best. Maybe even get #1 roadkiller.
BarnshaW

19th May 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds fantastic. Maybe i can get sponsorship by Rentokil.
JaffaTB

19th May 10 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard a pigeon get run over by a bus once, it sounded like somebody popping a bag of crisps
fir3vip3r

19th May 10 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well yes of course we can have a discussion. Would go nicely with a cup of tea and a scone. This arguement is like the Swiss navy going up against the Royal Navy, no chance in hell will I win or get any point across.

Why? im not exactly a major poster on here, and ive put forward a reasonable argument but all youve moaned about is how "we're all the same on corsasport" which is a pretty simplistic view of things is it not?!

I do see your point, its not big and its not clever killing animals, but take it from me people wont take pride in killing animals on the road, and wont "Purposely" kill animals (except maybe barnshaw). But if an animal is killed on the road, i dont see the problem talking about it and showing pictures etc? Or is that offending said dead animals memory? Maybe we should start holding state funerals for the poor little critters....
VipeR-X

19th May 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Why? im not exactly a major poster on here, and ive put forward a reasonable argument but all youve moaned about is how "we're all the same on corsasport" which is a pretty simplistic view of things is it not?!

I do see your point, its not big and its not clever killing animals, but take it from me people wont take pride in killing animals on the road, and wont "Purposely" kill animals (except maybe barnshaw). But if an animal is killed on the road, i dont see the problem talking about it and showing pictures etc? Or is that offending said dead animals memory? Maybe we should start holding state funerals for the poor little critters....

Yes maybe we should, might even wear a black band in the memory of all those poor unfortunate animals at the hands of the people driving like maniacs. You seem quite reasonable and I am glad that you do not find it funny or clever to kill animals purposely, but come on posting pictures of road kill on your grill and stating how much you have racked up? You really don't find anything idiotic about that?

Maybe I am just taking this to personally because of my love for animals, but nevermind I am done argueing this. Keep posting I shall not respond to the images or foul things some of you will post up. Enjoy, I should of just ignored it in the first place.

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by VipeR-X]
Rybo

19th May 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a dog that i love to bits...but keep him on a lead! unlike the daft cow who let her dog run head on into my mustard yellow nova sr a few years back...not only did i feel awful i destroyed a dog and my car - all of which wasnt my fault,regarding the above post,shit happens! - i doubt anybody on here is that twisted theyd intentionally mow down a dog
XXKISSXX
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th May 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eewwwwwwww
never hit anything cant drive just yet ?? xx

touch wood

[Edited on 19-05-2010 by XXKISSXX]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Road kill, what have you hit? 22 database queries in 0.1006200 seconds