corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine sound

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine sound
whitter45

User status: Offline
17th Mar 03 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lately getting a wishy washy sound from the timing belt as though the engine is stirring up something in the sump. the fanbelt is on the last adjustment and i think it needs changing. it only seems make this sound when the engine is cold and once driven though traffic it is ok. but if you drive straight on the motorway from cold start you can still hear the sound after half an hour of motorway driving. its just an annoying sound cos the engine is running really good apart from this. anyone have any ideas as to what this sound could be or what is cauing it. i thought it could the fan belt wearing out
jjcymru

17th Mar 03 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unless u know what ur doing, get it down the garage - timing belt costs £20 to buy but a snapped belt means £1000 bill. Get it done, ive seen enough timing belt slips and they tend to go in style!
Meat-Pie-SRI

17th Mar 03 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like mine did!!

New Poll