corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » going by facebook

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author going by facebook
Ojc

User status: Offline
5th May 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm almost tempted to pay for Daimo just so I can see him out on track in the VXR.
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Why not Bedford is a fairly priced track day from what I have seen and whats the VXR going for?

If I had £100, i'd be taking my bike on track again 1st.

Astra, dunno, looking at a few Audis, who can get me £15k discount?

Thats the thing, old age. Want something as nippy as the astra, but better quality, with a better ride. Too many speed humps and stiff suspension gets on my t1ts these days And realisitcally, theres not that much out there

New VXR, but thats not due till the end of the year so I read on here Its a possibility.

[Edited on 05-05-2010 by VXR]
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm almost tempted to pay for Daimo just so I can see him out on track in the VXR.

I'll squeeze your bumcheecks, twice, hell, three times if you do
Fad

5th May 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Current S3 is a bit of a weapon quite like them but still going for silly money for even the 5 year old ones!
Ojc

5th May 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Why not Bedford is a fairly priced track day from what I have seen and whats the VXR going for?

Thats the thing, old age. Want something as nippy as the astra, but better quality, with a better ride. Too many speed humps and stiff suspension gets on my t1ts these days And realisitcally, theres not that much out there

New VXR, but thats not due till the end of the year so I read on here Its a possibility.

Change those 19's for 18's the ride is much improved.
Graham88

5th May 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate had a new S3 and chopped it in for a VXR again as he found it extremely dull to drive.
Ojc

5th May 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OHHHHHH NOOOOO YOOOOUUU DDDDIIDDNTTT Graham, fuck me you're in for some stick now.

Although a lad on VXRonline is selling his Focus RS to get back into an Astra VXR because the RS is boring, not quite sure about that one
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 10 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people on vxronline are absolute idiots, who wont even take on simple tasks like changing a spark plug and sell the car because a boost hose pops off or something
Ojc

5th May 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is 100% truth.

People get in a huff because a hose came off and haven't the brains to reconnect, fit a small cable tie around the pipe and disconnect the battery for 20 mins to wipe the code.

You end up with 30 questions about it then they drive it around with the pipe off and moan they are down on power
Graham88

5th May 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see how a Focus RS is boring he clearly drives like a pussy!

They sound like a bunch of fun at a party
jr

5th May 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

thats not an audi then
Ojc

5th May 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wants a Volvo with dog hairs in the back
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post invasion: Sorry

Volvo C70 convertable I think looks the nuts!! Was going to google them after seeing one today

I stopped using VXRonline ages ago be fair. When I first joined there wasn't too many members, and the few there were were not very nice people. I joined up being mellow and placid and let everyone else do the talking, but was left out. Went to track day, no-one spoke to us all weekend. The best way I could describe them all is snobby, which I found highly amusing as they owned Astra VXR's, not Bugattis. When we went to PVS we took the astra, but as its a totally standard car, it didn't feel special (compared to D4 and D5) so we haven't bothered since. I think that was PVS 2006.

James, your an Audi man. Looking at A4's and A5's. Wanted an S5, but nooooo chance Well out of price range. To kit up an Audi though that starts at a low £30k, it ends up being like £40k, and that generally still has a crappy derv engine or 220bhp 2.0 Turbo lump

Fad, do you remember Paul Belsham? He chopped his GSi in for a 225bhp S3. I tooko it for a blast and whilst it was smooth, refined, it was exciting as a tea party in a pensioners club. I thought his Corsa was more exciting tbh. Where-as the Astra was always fun (and I still think it is 4 years later tbh) a fun car to drive. I find it most fun coming off the A2 before the Bluewater Junction (Ebbsfleet) and hooning it round that long bed at 100mph, with the arse end just clinging onto grip
Graham88

5th May 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck you must be having it to be doing 100 around there
Ojc

5th May 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damien, VXRonline is one massive clique it's a fucking joke.

They all think they invented modifying Vauxhalls or something, bunch of turds the majority.
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Fuck you must be having it to be doing 100 around there

Speedo speed, so debatable.

But yeah, i'll do a tonne going round that bend before the bottle gives out. Its a high speed to crash at, esp with the bikes just after the motorway bridge (im on throttle till after the bridge, then HARRRRRD on the brakes for the roundabout from about 110+

that KPH Mr Police orrificer.
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Damien, VXRonline is one massive clique it's a fucking joke.

They all think they invented modifying Vauxhalls or something, bunch of turds the majority.

thats why I found it so hard.

We came from a huge modifying background as you know. To go from our corsas, to a totally standard astra VXR, even before remaps came out for them, people banged on like they knew everything about modifying them.

When in actual fact, 90% of them had never owned a modified car in their lives. Didn't like them, still don't.

I called this picture "the Enemy" on my home PC, as to us they were the enemy as no f**ker spoke to us. Again, as were chatty people, this didn't go down well, so f**k em I thought

We still had a good time.

Ojc

5th May 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what I mean, that lot haven't a clue about any of us, you have had the Corsas I had the Nova and our knowledge of Vauxhalls far outweighs the vast majority of theirs but they carry on like a bunch of helmets prancing around like nothing before them mattered.

I'm going mad here, I'm ready to start on someone. I'm gonna ring Steve and tell him he needs to get here.
3CorsaMeal

5th May 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was in the VW dealership last week and they said they had a golf tdi go out that day to a customer and cost them about £32k once it was specced up
Ojc

5th May 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wank.
Steve
Premium Member

5th May 10 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i hate it when you turn up anywhere with any car owners and they all act like imbeciles, real shifty, noone talking to each other tbh thats what most meets are like these days
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats why we stopped doing them down here

Hell even trying to get a group of 30 blokes to kick a football round in a huge carpark was hard enough.

3CM, indeed. A well spec'd golf was coming out around £35k+ with a decent petrol engine.

I mean, £35k for a Golf, which is essentially an Astra but with better quality.

Considering we paid £17.5 for the AStra, with the alloys, paint, and sat nav system, i'd love to know where the 17k+ price difference comes from (OK so RRP was £21k on the astra, but thats still £14k less, there is not £14k worth of quality in there)!!!!

Ojc

5th May 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only because you were naked Daimo B
Daimo B

5th May 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nearly, shorts, dudes, trainers..

Close enough
AK

5th May 10 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bedford is a craphole - we wouldnt get on for noise limits

They have mega strick limits dont they?

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » going by facebook 22 database queries in 0.0166249 seconds