corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help needed - X16XE Gear linkage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed - X16XE Gear linkage
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 10 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright guys. We've just gone to connect the gear linkage up on my corsa. Its a 1.0 12v shell with an x16xe engine in it. The connector on the gearbox part of the gear linkage hasn't got a clamp on the end of it like my original 1.0 12v one has Therefore I cannot see how I am meant to connect the two together if that make sense.

Heres a photo to show the problem.

Now when I got the engine the front gearbox mount was a Nova one, Do you guys reckon this rear engine mount could also be a Nova one as well?

Has anyone got a photo of an Corsa X16XE gear linkage (rear engine mount part) so that I can compare it to mine please.

Thanks in advance
ar corsagsi

3rd Apr 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just went out to take a couple of pics not the greatest as its a bit tight sqeeze

Have you tryed slotting them together to see if they slot in?

Here's one of my corsa

And my nova
shaunmods
Premium Member

3rd Apr 10 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate your are an absolute legend! Can't thank you enough or the help you've given me lately.

Mine is definitely a Nova Gear linkage then BUGGER! We did try to slot it in but there's no way of clamping them together Its going to be a right pain in the arse changing them over. Luckily I've still got the one off my 1.0 engine so I'll have to try and sort that out tomorrow.

Cheers again
ar corsagsi

3rd Apr 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers It seems to look like a nova one,good luck with fitting it tomorrow lucky enough i have 3 corsa's on the drive so if you need any more pictures drop me a u2u

New Poll