corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.9 CDTI ??

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.9 CDTI ??
bubble

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 10 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt the 888 1.9 astra diesel bum the vxr astra round some track?
gavin18787
Premium Member

2nd Apr 10 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo987X-Au48

It lost but gave it a good run for its money

Astra 888 derv is the only desiel I have ever had an urge to buy

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
DaveyLC

2nd Apr 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Modern diesels are deceptive!

ALL diesels are deceptive, but modern diesels actually rev higher than older ones.

You ever driven a Pug 106 Graduate Diesel? Nothing deceptive about that

The only diesel I've driven is a clio 1.5td and it was shit, I really don't like diesels AT ALL!!!

Thats the 60bhp dci, you want to try driving the 110bhp version.. runs rings around its petrol equivilent and returns 50mpg's.
A2H GO

2nd Apr 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo987X-Au48

It lost but gave it a good run for its money

Astra 888 derv is the only desiel I have ever had an urge to buy

Even the standing start 1/4 mile was close considering the VXR is 25kg lighter and she no doubt weights 10-15kg less than the 888 driver.

Expected the VXR to pull away more on the full circuit tbh.
A2H GO

2nd Apr 10 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Lazy heavy lump with a small power band.

Sounds like a great idea

Coming from someone who drives a Clio Sport, power band of 5-7k rpm.

The 1.9 CDTi boxed in an Astra will keep with a standard Astra VXR 40-90, not bad considering the VXR would be getting around 25mpg whilst the diesel double that.

Also, when do you ever come across some chav wanting to 'show you up' from a standing start, never, your always on the move 30mph+, which means they dont stand a chance.

Would love to drive one in a corsa.

Read the rest of the thread you twit I drive diesels day in day out

The whole point of this thread is discuss the merits of putting a diesel in a car to acheive performance. Now as much as I appreciate how quick diesels are now days if I wanted a specific performance car I wouldnt not even entertain a diesel. keeping someone on the boil between 2-3.5k is not was i call fun which is what its about at the end of the day right?

Plus my Clio pulls all the way through the rev range till 7.7k thank you Dunno what that had to do with this thread though

I did read the thread, i was under the impression that you didnt own those diesel cars and that the car you do own is gutless under 5k rpm, i know, i owned one myself for 6 months. Dont get me wrong though, i do love then and they handle incredibly well.

I agree with what you're saying, anybody interested soley in performance would not buy a diesel but for someone who wants a good comprimise between performace and economy they are ideal.

As for the original question, i would like to drive a corsa with a Z19DTH but conversions are mainly done by people looking soley for perfomance, which is why it hasnt/will never be done.

[Edited on 02-04-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa B 1.9 CDTI ?? 23 database queries in 0.0083191 seconds