corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aynone here work for Ford?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aynone here work for Ford?
Kurt

User status: Offline
30th Apr 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably a dodgy one out of a techs toolbox
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it was clean etc, had the sticker on that tells you what order to attach the HT leads, i suspect it was one someone had bought and returned as faulty IMO
Kurt

30th Apr 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly, worth sending your letter though, Fiat/Alfa generally give out vouchers so maybe they'll do the same
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sent the letter got a response today, you must have missed my update post

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
good news, got a letter through from Ford in Horsham today with a cheque for £254

this was after Ford UK, told me twice that they werent prepared to give me anything even after I told them about trading standards said they were legally expected to reimburse consequential costs.

Kurt

30th Apr 10 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think i skimmed it

thats a good result though, Suprised at Ford directly saying that
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep firstly i wrote a nicely worded letter to which they said "because they didnt test the part as faulty they were unwilling to help in this occasion"

So then i rang trading standards to find exactly where i stood legally who said legally they had to reimburse any consequential loss as a result of a faulty supplied part, they advised to make a consequential loss claim under sales of goods 1979, but that because i bought the part off a dealer in Horsham to write directly to them as the contract was with them.

So I wrote to horsham basically saying trading standards were involved and gave them the trading standards ref.

But, although i didnt need to, i also wrote a response letter of disappointment to Ford UK saying I had contacted trading standards and that they were thwarting there legal responsbilities.

Ford UK rang me a couple of days ago to say there decision still stood.

Luckily the dealer saw more sense.

God knows what the next step would have been if the dealer refused aswell, i would have rang trading standards back up, im guessing they would get involved directly then?

[Edited on 30-04-2010 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

30th Apr 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you should donate 10% to corsasport for helping you
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£25.40

[Edited on 30-04-2010 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my germany money you cunt. gonna buy OJC a mega burger
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 10 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back and read the letter from them, why can they never just admit they were wrong, got the usual whilst we do not admit liability for the losses we are reimbursing you as a gesture of goodwill

yeah right
BarnshaW

30th Apr 10 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Just got back and read the letter from them, why can they never just admit they were wrong, got the usual whilst we do not admit liability for the losses we are reimbursing you as a gesture of goodwill

yeah right

all companies do it, never admit liability. If they did you have reason to claim for more.
dannymccann

30th Apr 10 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry this is off topic, but I love the way (yet again ) an OJC / Steve fueled argument has gone completely off the road of the discussion

But its come back Which doesnt happen often

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aynone here work for Ford? 23 database queries in 0.0159349 seconds