corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aynone here work for Ford?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aynone here work for Ford?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Mar 10 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who could advise me of what address would be best to write to with regardless to a complaint and possible compensation request?

Just normal customer services? or would somewhere else bring me more luck

[Edited on 25-03-2010 by Steve]
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
CORSA NUT

25th Mar 10 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooooooooo tell us the details Stevey
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing major really just going to try worth a shot to try and get a little bit of cash back il explain
BarnshaW

25th Mar 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell us why you twat
Ben G

25th Mar 10 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i broke down last week, car cut out and then was misfiring all over the place kept dieing and wouldnt rev properly etc etc.

So using my basic knowledge of cars and that fact that its a common problem thought it could be a coilpack, so went to ford the next day and bought a brand new coil pack.

fitted the part and the car was basically still doing the same thing, so naturally you would assume that it wasnt the coilpack at fault.

ended up taking it to a garage because i was stumped, told them it had just had a new coil pack so they too didnt bother with a new one, after a load of diagnosis and replacing parts they eventually decided to try replacing the coil pack, lo and behold a new one worked fine and the car runs sweet.

Now because ford supplied me with a new faulty part iv been left with a £200 bill from the garage.

I know il get my money back for the part, and this may or may not get me any extra back but its worth a shot asking if they will meet me somewhere with it.

Going to photocopy all receipts etc make it look more official

[Edited on 25-03-2010 by Steve]
BarnshaW

25th Mar 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would ask them to wave the labour cost at the garage and get the original coil pack refunded.
Ben G

25th Mar 10 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ford should compensate you for that, even if they give you some towards it.

my dad had the same problem with a sensor from land rover (owned by ford at the time) and he got some cash back as it needed to go on the diagnostics thing to prove the part was faulty.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Mar 10 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem that you have is that they're not legally obligated to supply working parts, merely rectify the problem if they are faulty. The garage bill is outside of your contract between you and the dealer.

That aside, it's certainly worth pursuing, although they may be unwilling to cover it while you went to an independent for diagnosis and not the Ford main agent. Although the instruction to diagnose was as a direct result of the part being faulty.

Worth a try.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

garage have already waved a load of labour cost stripping down to check the timing, or do you mean get ford to pay the labour?
BarnshaW

25th Mar 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea ask them to pay the labour for the fitting of the new coil pack and diagnostics, if they supplied a working coilpack in the first place then you would not have had to pay any other costs? thats the way i see it
Steve
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah labour is £135 would be happy to get that back
Adam_B

25th Mar 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to put in a labour claim, we get them all the time at work cos we sell cheap shit parts. Id like to say Ford will pay it no hassle but they will probably try and wriggle out of it. Just keep hounding them if they do.
Ian
Site Administrator

25th Mar 10 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is that just shop policy Adam or is there any basis in law to make such a claim?
Adam_B

25th Mar 10 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its law. We never argue it.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I have opinions of this letter please, and any proof reading for errors would be helpful

quote:
Dear Mr Barratt

RE: Failiure of OEM Ford Part.

I am writing to highlight a recent incident regarding the costs incurred to myself following the failure of a brand new Ford part.

On the evening of Friday the 19th of March, I was driving my Ford Puma from Worcester down to Horsham, West Sussex. Two miles from my destination my car cut out and would not start. After calling out breakdown I managed to limp the car back to my destination.

The next day, using my basic knowledge of cars, considered the problem to be possibly caused by a coil pack, as this was a common fault on this car. I visited Lifestyle Ford of Horsham, and purchased a brand new coil pack, at a cost of £80 (please see attached photocopy for said invoice).

On returning to the vehicle I fitted the new coil pack, and to my disappointment upon starting the car had the same issues of it misfiring through the rev range. Naturally I assumed as I had fitted a genuine new Ford item concluded that it could not be the coil pack at fault. I was left with the only option being to ring my breakdown company and get towed the 160 miles back home.

My car was subsequently dropped off at RSM Motor Services, Malvern, whereby I explained I had fitted a new coil pack, so again the garage naturally ignored that as a possibility. After stripping the car down to check various sensors and replacing a fuel filter aswell as going on a diagnostic machine which showed no problems, the garage eventually decided to try replacing the brand new coil pack.
Lo and behold this cured the problem and the garage confirmed that the new coil pack was indeed faulty. As a result I was left with a £254 repair bill by the garage (see attached invoice from RSM) which included the cost of yet another new coil pack.

I have always been a firm believer that parts of this nature should always be replaced with genuine Ford OEM parts, and that this new item should indeed work as intended. I have now lost confidence in the reliability of Ford parts and am slightly aggrieved to have to pay a £254 bill for something that should have worked in the first place.

I will be taking the faulty part back to Lifestyle Ford, Horsham for a full refund when I am next in the area, in the meantime I would like to give Ford the chance to recompense me for the extra, unnecessary costs incurred to me in this instance. I am willing to meet Ford halfway and waive the costs for the 2nd new coil pack, and just ask for the £135 labour costs to be reimbursed to myself.

I hope to hear from you soon
Yours Sincerely.
Steve Williams

[Edited on 26-03-2010 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

disconnect the battery when you fitted it?
AndyKent

26th Mar 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would change the last paragraph to say:

"I will be taking the faulty part back to Lifestyle Ford, Horsham for a full refund when I am next in the area, in the meantime I would hope, as a gesture of goodwill, Ford might arrange compensate me for the extra, unnecessary costs incurred to me in this instance. I would be grateful to hear you thoughts on what sort of arrangement could be agreed in this regard."

Rather than offering to pay you let them come back to you with what they will do about it. If they aren't willing you can then offer to meet them halfway.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i did consider leaving there option open, might change that then
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon you broke it Steve and you know it.

am sure electrical stuff like that has to have major testing to check its safe and working
Steve
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PAT tested, probably, lets sue
3CorsaMeal

26th Mar 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve broke it
Steve
Premium Member

26th Mar 10 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should write a similar letter to Ford asking for compensation because you dropped your mini spy cam in your tea
Root

26th Mar 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also because you fitted it and not someone with a city and guilds, they might try and use that against you saying you didnt fit it right or you broke it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aynone here work for Ford? 23 database queries in 0.1057911 seconds