corsasport.co.uk
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tiny little leak? (roof?)


New Topic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.


Author tiny little leak? (roof?)
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsas got a tiny little leak inside on roof cloth.. passenger side?

pics below:-



(not my car in pic above but for i.e)

its tiny either when it rains,are i wash the car i get a tiny little bit of damp (water mark) were the arrows are pointing on passenger side only in pic above were it shows?

this comes and goes like not all the time this happens? and its only on passenger side only and a tiny amount only, i've tryed to find weres it coming from also ... = no luck yet

- its a sun roof model.

Any ideas anyone?

Sean-B
Member

Registered: 1st May 07
Location: Wolverhampton Drives: 200SX S14a
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you took the roof rail plastics off and had a look. If you do find a hole whack some silicone sealant over it.
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
have you took the roof rail plastics off and had a look. If you do find a hole whack some silicone sealant over it.


to be honest thats the only place i havnt looked..lol as i thought these didnt go inside the car? do they?

will try this next time

also how do they come off?

cheers
Sean-B
Member

Registered: 1st May 07
Location: Wolverhampton Drives: 200SX S14a
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They don't go inside but there is joint where the roof skin meets the sides.

Just get your fingers under them and pull them off.
AlexW
Member

Registered: 25th Oct 08
Location: Essex
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet its a buggerd sunroof drain. Does the headlining get wet anywhere?

Might be worth doing as above if you cant find nothing there, get the pillar trim down at least, maybe the headlining at worse.
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sean-B
They don't go inside but there is joint where the roof skin meets the sides.

Just get your fingers under them and pull them off.


hmmm al have a look thanks bud
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
I bet its a buggerd sunroof drain. Does the headlining get wet anywhere?

Might be worth doing as above if you cant find nothing there, get the pillar trim down at least, maybe the headlining at worse.


theres a pic above mate of the only place it gets wet same place every time some times its a tiny amount its never any were just there

how do i get to the sun roof drains?

i need to try the above x2 ideas yous have gave me
AlexW
Member

Registered: 25th Oct 08
Location: Essex
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye i saw that but wonderd if the headling got wet in the same place.

The drains, Presuming there like what im used to run down the Pillars so it could of some how got broke.
silvertornado
Member

Registered: 9th Oct 09
Location: nottingham NG5 (east mids)
User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the same issue and looked at most bits only thing i not checked is the drain off points
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by silvertornado
i have the same issue and looked at most bits only thing i not checked is the drain off points


let me no how u get on with yours if i sort mine al let u no what is was mate
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Aye i saw that but wonderd if the headling got wet in the same place.

The drains, Presuming there like what im used to run down the Pillars so it could of some how got broke.


no its just a tiny little patch like were the arrows are pointing above on the pic? got me thinking never seen this happen before on the corsa b
Ian
Site Administrator

Avatar

Registered: 28th Aug 99
Location: Liverpool
User status: Online
27th Feb 10 at 02:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pull the roof rail off starting at the back, taking care not to bend it.

Check for corrosion on the roof seem where it meets the pillar and the windscreen.
scunnylad
Member

Registered: 11th Jun 08
Location: Ashby, North Lincolnshire
User status: Offline
27th Feb 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha ive got this happening to me but never get round to see what it is. u will have to let me know wot u found. i suspected a dodgy winscreen seal at first.
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
28th Feb 10 at 02:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
haha ive got this happening to me but never get round to see what it is. u will have to let me know wot u found. i suspected a dodgy winscreen seal at first.
#

as soon as i find the problem al let you no mate

if its the windscreen as use my insurance to sure it out but am checking what the lads have said above as soon as i get the chance am report back if i sort it?

i just wish i new what it was and ad get it sort asap
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
5th Mar 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT

had no luck tryed the above ideas ^^ even got some one to spray water over car couldnt find nothing??


then it rained on the night time and it came back... :doyle:

any other ideas people
silvertornado
Member

Registered: 9th Oct 09
Location: nottingham NG5 (east mids)
User status: Offline
6th Mar 10 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not wind screen had this issue before i had new window screen and still got same issue
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
6th Mar 10 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by silvertornado
its not wind screen had this issue before i had new window screen and still got same issue


its doing my head in now...just can not find were its coming from

someone must have sorted this out before
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
14th Mar 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
AlexW
Member

Registered: 25th Oct 08
Location: Essex
User status: Offline
14th Mar 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait for it to rain (shouldnt take long in this country) and then go sit in your car lol
grez12
Member

Registered: 30th Aug 08
Location: cleethorpes dn35
User status: Offline
14th Mar 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by D14LY
quote:
Originally posted by silvertornado
its not wind screen had this issue before i had new window screen and still got same issue


its doing my head in now...just can not find were its coming from

someone must have sorted this out before


i had the same problem but on drivers side never looked for a cause but ive had a new screen and never had it since

surely can only either be

windscreen seal
sunroof seal/blocked drain
door seal (damp spreading up piller)
roof runners rotten

cannot think of what else it could be
D14LY
Member

Registered: 7th Jan 08
Location: North east
User status: Offline
15th Mar 10 at 02:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grez12
quote:
Originally posted by D14LY
quote:
Originally posted by silvertornado
its not wind screen had this issue before i had new window screen and still got same issue


its doing my head in now...just can not find were its coming from

someone must have sorted this out before


i had the same problem but on drivers side never looked for a cause but ive had a new screen and never had it since

surely can only either be

windscreen seal
sunroof seal/blocked drain
door seal (damp spreading up piller)
roof runners rotten

cannot think of what else it could be


i can only think its the windscreen?

so could i ask a local windscreen place to re-bond my windscreen and will this resolve my problem? and get a new seal? the sunroof drains are ok i poked a welding rod down them they are not blocked?

it could only be the windscreen as this is obv the only thing i couldnt fix as i havnt got the tools
silvertornado
Member

Registered: 9th Oct 09
Location: nottingham NG5 (east mids)
User status: Offline
15th Mar 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i've had window screen replaced and still have this problem

 
New Topic

New Poll

  Related Threads Author Forum Replies Views Last Post
Tiny oil leak from bottom of the engine :( Nath Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 9 985
3rd Jun 03 at 21:27
by miles
 
Car overfueling? Steve General Chat 27 657
8th Jan 05 at 17:11
by iceman
 
Condensation in the car Ian W Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 7 393
13th Jan 08 at 13:21
by Vaux Lad
 
Would a headgasket problem cause a high idle? Ricky352 General Chat 8 856
4th May 08 at 09:48
by Ricky352
 
Help - Aircon, Alarm and Battery Chris x Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice 8 541
15th Apr 09 at 06:10
by Chris Corsa B
 

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tiny little leak? (roof?) 27 database queries in 0.0181248 seconds