corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help - Aircon, Alarm and Battery

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help - Aircon, Alarm and Battery
Chris x

User status: Offline
13th Apr 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Guys, help needed on a few things:

Battery:

The earth part on my battery keeps geting blueish powder around the connectors. Does anyone no what it is? What could be causing it? (I have tried greaseing it and still comes back)

Alarm:

I cant get the alarm to activate using the ultrasonic sensor with the window down. As far as I am aware the redlight should be on constantly when the key is turned then flash intermitently. After posting on here and speaking to people the button near the light should activate/deactivate the sensor but I have done this and nothing happens. Even waiting 5mins after locking. The alarm does however activate when starting the car when the doors are deadlocked and the alarm is activce.

Here is one of the posts with the problem: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=452889

Anyway, after disconnecting the terminal and reconecting it on the battery today (cleaning the blue powder of the battery) the light now flashes fast constantly for the first 10seconds then back to the normal rithem. Any ideas what is rong with it? And if disconncting and reconnecting the battery will do anything to the alarm? (it still doesnt seem to activate)

Aircon:

Now with the warmer weather and having a black car (hot quicker) I put the aircon on a few weeks ago. It doesnt seem to get cooler (ice cool). I bought the car July last year and didnt have any problem with it not working then. When I used it it noticed a power difference but now I dont even notice that. What could be rong? Does it just need re-gasing or does something else sound like its gone rong? The fan doesnt rotate on the radiator when I turn it on and the radiator seems to stay cold - not sure if it should be doing that or not.

Sorry for the essay but all help would be great!

Thanks

Edit: 1999 1.6 Sport

[Edited on 13-04-2009 by Chris Corsa B]

[Edited on 13-04-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
Chris x

14th Apr 09 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ttt
Craig P

14th Apr 09 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the Battery wires are not rubbing on anything or Geting Hot.

Aircon proberly just needs Re-Gased.

[Edited on 14-04-2009 by Craig P]
DaveyLC

14th Apr 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corrosion.. Put some vaseline on the terminals.
Chris x

14th Apr 09 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have greased the battery terminal for the 2nd time now. See if it keeps it off. I will book the car in for Air-con regas next month probaly.

Now its just the Alarm. Does anyone have any ideas?
barneykarl

14th Apr 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A/C probably has a leak, if you get up my way I will gas it up for you, but finding and repairing a leak can be a pain, you could use some A/C leak sealer if its only a tiny leak.
Chris x

14th Apr 09 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will drop it down Quik fit. Dont think they charge if it doesnt work which is a bit of a result. Will have to sort something out when it comes to it if it is leaking. Thanks for the offer tho

Any ideas with the alarm anyone?
barneykarl

14th Apr 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sonic detector part is always on unless you turn it off by the small button, I would not worry to much if the sonic part did not work as you still have the doors etc and imobilizer, you might have a faulty detector, try bursting some baloons near it to see if you can set the alarm off or like that geezer on tv the other night blow up a hot water bottle. lol.
Chris x

15th Apr 09 at 06:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be good to get the sonic part working tho.

Now when I lock the car the redlight is now solid for 10seconds then flashing after. Like it was before I disconnected the battery.

Any ideas on the alarm? Its annoying!

New Poll