corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my god ! alarm dilema , good read i think , toad one btw

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my god ! alarm dilema , good read i think , toad one btw
waynep

User status: Offline
29th Oct 05 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i took my battery out and all was good, pressed my alarm fob and it still worked and chirped as normal... so i am thinking there is still some juice left..

remember the battery is still unplugged at this time. i then pressed fob on and off etc etc to try drain it all out. . .

i went up stairs and alarm starts going off so i aim my fob out of window and press it but nothing happens .. i went down stairs and got closer but nothing would shut it up ! then a more annoying alarm tone sounded a high pitch fast tempo droning sound that is so hideous it makes your ears bleed. i put the bonnet up and cant get it off

i try reconnecting battery and nothing ! so i thought fuk it i will cut the whole loom off.. !

got my choppers and cut the whole plug off waited for silence... BUT NO it still keeps goin and goin so i unbolt it and take it into my house with it still going off at how ever many decibels fukin deafening me !

i cracked open the case and unplug all i can and it jsut wont turn off ! its drivin me whole street mad lol so i stood on it and cut more wires and eventually it shut off

what is giving it this extra power ? i didnt realise how good alarms were lol

rant over..

cheers
Richie

User status: Offline
29th Oct 05 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a li-ion battery inside the alarm housing if its a CAT1 alarm.

If it looses its 2 way connection with the alarm brain it will start wailing forever and a day.

In order to get it to turn off you would of had to reconnect the battery, put the key to 'ON' then pressed the alarm fob.

Usually if you want to disconnect the battery to must disable your alarm and remove the battery within 20 seconds.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my god ! alarm dilema , good read i think , toad one btw 22 database queries in 0.0096169 seconds