corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alarm fitting with new engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarm fitting with new engine
Hamish

User status: Offline
5th Feb 07 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got standard central locking on my car atm. Im gunna be putting a new engine in my car soon and wondered if i should have the alarm fitted before or after the new engine goes in? .
Ill be hopefully getting a Toad cat 1 of some sort, are cat 1 alarms wired up to the ecu in any way? in which case it will be pointless geting one fitted to my current engine as it will be ripped out sonn...
b4l

6th Feb 07 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

install the alarm after you put the new engine in

as far as im aware the only difference between a cat 1 alarm and a normal alarm is that the cat 1 will have a battery backup system.
so if someone tries to cut your battery wireto bypassthe alarm. it will go off

flash22

6th Feb 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cat 1 is battery back up, ultra sonics and a 2/3 point imobliser. the standard corsa b imobliser comes up to cat 2 standard so a cat 2-1 upgrade alarm will take the corsa upto cat 1 and give you added protection

most car alarms dont touch the ecu or engine loom unless you have remote start and all that sort of thing

none the less get the alarm done after the engine is in and running as theres less chance of problems
Hamish

6th Feb 07 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then, cheers for that. Any recomendations on alarm models?
Fro

7th Feb 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a toad Ai606 on my golf and corsa and cannot fault it. Helped Prevent me losing my sound system in my golf when some badgers were after it And comes with good features i.e Doors lock after engine is started to prevent car jacking, if you unlock the car with the fob but don't open the doors/bonnet, it will lock again after a couple of minutes incase you pressed it by accident, immobiliser comes on after a while if you open the car get in it but do not start it/switch ignition on. Believe you can get quite a few extras added on to them aswell.

Sorry for the essay!

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by fro-dizzle]
Hamish

7th Feb 07 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea ive heard there good ned to find a compny round here that will install one!
Hamish

7th Feb 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jus had a look on the search and it seems that the Toad Ai606 is the alarm of choice. Also RS Audio's name seemed to pop up a bit. They have a free mobile fitting service. Can anyone vouch for their work?

[Edited on 07-02-2007 by Hamish]

New Poll