corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gettin driveshafts out?????? HELP!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gettin driveshafts out?????? HELP!!!
john_sri

User status: Offline
   11th Mar 03 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i took out the old gearbox by cheatin... havin the car up in the air so much that i could lower the gearbox so much that i could get them out of the diff. this was done cos we couldn't get the lower arm to hub joint to pup out so as the pull the drive shafts out. but it needs really to be undone now so as to put the new one in easier.

any help and ideas much appreciated.. the bolt undoes and comes out but we cant get the joint to pop out of the clamp!!!!!

cheers
d0gz_bollox

11th Mar 03 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want to get the cv joint out of the gearbox? One mate pull on driveshaft whilst you lever joint against box.

you want to get driveshaft out of cv joint? get some circlip pliers, 30 second job then,
john_sri

11th Mar 03 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah to be able to pull the wheel to get the drive shaft out you need to disconect the lower arm as it hold the hub and wheel in place. i can't get them to separate
d0gz_bollox

11th Mar 03 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have taken the bolt out that holds the bottom ball joint to the hub yes? (10mm I think). Get a big bar and lever the arm down. if that doesnt work. Stick a break bar between body and arm and then jack steering knuckle up to pop it out. WD40 it. just needs a bit of abusing. lol.
john_sri

11th Mar 03 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah have taken out nolt. cheers for that mate i'll give it a go big hammer stylee!!
Ashton306TD

11th Mar 03 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

give up john ur corsa is screwed!! stick with the pug 205!!
rodders16v

11th Mar 03 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there shoud be 2big bolts holding the whole balljoint on undo them instead alot easier

New Poll