corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » People with Sebring 6x4 Ovals that have solved the banging problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People with Sebring 6x4 Ovals that have solved the banging problem
Mikorsa16v

User status: Offline
10th Mar 03 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isit banging on the axle or isit the exhaust mouth bangin on the bumper, this happens when i have 2 or more ppl in the car, if i have 3 ppl in it then it rattles all the time! i have a feeling it may be bangin on the axle

how do i resolve this?
ToebeeH

10th Mar 03 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it might be that too but i checked it all out after fitting it yesterday. ii found it was too close to the bumper i have standard 1 by the way! so i went to halfords and found a rubber strip that sticks to the bottom of bumper and sops it vibrating! but instead of getting my cash out i stuck a soft rubbery strip i found between the zorst and bumper cut it to size and presto not rattling just sweet ppppppppuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiinng! hope that helps mate!
Mikorsa16v

10th Mar 03 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks matey!
damn halfords shuts in 2 mins... lol
go there tomoz, they r retards they sed it will bang on the bumper and it will melt it, you will need bugger rubber moutings, but we havnt done that - how helpful.

ill try the rubber foam thing tomoz mate then ill load up with my fattest mates possible, se if that works
sxi16vjoe

10th Mar 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mate i have it and dont have any bangin probs at all.
AdiSRI

10th Mar 03 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just cut the back bumper back about an inch and then bashed the metal work up away from the pipe! WAS FREE lol and no bangin anymore.

However mine banged on the axle also so i had to get a thinner clip and jiggle it round a bit to get it on without rattling, but its perfect now.

[Edited on 10-03-2003 by AdiSRI]
sxi16vjoe

10th Mar 03 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxi16vjoe
well mate i have it and dont have any bangin probs at all.

mind u i wouldnt hear it anyway wit how loud the fuckin thing is!!!!!

New Poll