corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra VXR

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra VXR
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
1st Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Astra indicators are fine, I get annoyed at the amount of movement in normal indicators now.

What year was your fabia? mine didn't have 3 flash indicators.

Ermmmmmm 04 mate

I put it on using Vagcom
John

1st Feb 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm didn't know you could, I'll have a play about on a SEAT, any idea what coding it needs?
MarkM

1st Feb 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Astra indicators are fine, I get annoyed at the amount of movement in normal indicators now.

What year was your fabia? mine didn't have 3 flash indicators.

Agreed. Normal clicky indicators feel shite and cheap to me now. It's not hard to tell if you have/have not pressed the indicators enough to keep indicating longer than the 3 flashes...
Daimo B

1st Feb 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard map, 1st gear, toooo aggressive, remap sorts it.

Power, unleaded = flat spots. V-POwer, smooth. Power comes in about 2000-2500rpm, dies off by 6k.

Brakes, as said, im not keen on the pedal, doesn't feel like anythings happening, but when pushed hard they do stop the car well.

im getting old, the suspension sucks ass over speed bumps, very hard.

Track - Feels wobbly at the back, but drive through it, it'll stick Very under estimated car.

tbh, would love a crack in a stage 3/4 on track with some 4 pots and a ARB.

Get about 250-300 miles from a 52 litre tank.
Daimo B

1st Feb 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I find the indicators fine. Read loads about people having trouble adjusting, but the missis and I have never had any problems.
MarkM

1st Feb 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. They are a fucking doddle to use.
Ojc

2nd Feb 10 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hated the indicators to start with I must admit, drove me insane. But the 3 flash thing is brilliant on the motorway and you learn to perfect it like anything in life.

Now I don't notice it.

With regards to the specs of the Astra, Xenons might well be good, but it's a massive headlight and chances are somewhere along the line you are going to get a crack, now from what I've heard Xenon replacements are £500 a pop, I think I'll stick with standard lights that do as just as good a job. Anyway the Polo has Xenons for when I need a fix of blue lighting

Our 'Burg has Sight and Light, which is automatic lights and wipers, full leather, Remus.

If I had bought it brand new I probably would have spec'd Sat Nav but wouldn't have got Xenons.

Sensors don't go wrong until you start fiddling, fuck about with it like so many turds on VXRonline have done and you run into problems. Only thing I have had an issue with, with 3 VXR's is the standard recirculation valve is pish when the car is mapped.

But an uprated metal piston one from Forge is £120 quid and sorts out that issue once and for all.

RARB turns it from a wallowy but grippy car to a firm and grippy car. DAP-R springs are a must as is a stage 2 map.

At Bedford I easily fended off a M3CSL and down the straight I was edging away.

It's a very understated car, people tend to remember the Top Gear review and think it's a load of tosh, it really isn't at all.
Fro

2nd Feb 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had comfort indicators on the golf, definately miss those as they were very handy on the motorway/roundabouts.

My mates VXR had a couple of niggles, MAF died which was supposedly down to the induction kit.

Think a pipe going to the turbo cracked aswell.
Jambo

2nd Feb 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone talks of VXRs being cheap and dealers "giving" them away etc, but i have seriously considered it twice, the first time i went to dealers etc and nobody gave me any sort of real world discount, finance was a joke and deposits where huge. It was just too expensive for what it was so i got another BMW second hand.

If it had been more reasnable i would be driving one now! I absoloutely love them, driving position is ace, i love the interior the seats everything bar the gearnob and indicators....

Great cars and gorgeous to boot, red with 19s full leather, xenons, sight and light, sat nav etc Price was over £26k

Xenons are FAR better than standard bulbs. Could never buy a car without them now. Its like driving by candle light
Ojc

2nd Feb 10 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, induction kits are a no no. Vauxhall don't spend millions on production then for someone to take it all off and put a generic bit of foam in it's place and fuck up the air flow. That's why I'm dubious about the 1.9 CDTi airbox routing, everyone I've read about on VXRonline has had issues with management lights and Thorney don't recommend messing with it either as you have to extend the wires and cut into the loom, no thanks.
Fro

2nd Feb 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I warned him prior to fitting it that it would be a bad idea but he didnt listen.
Ojc

2nd Feb 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Everyone talks of VXRs being cheap and dealers "giving" them away etc, but i have seriously considered it twice, the first time i went to dealers etc and nobody gave me any sort of real world discount, finance was a joke and deposits where huge. It was just too expensive for what it was so i got another BMW second hand.

If it had been more reasnable i would be driving one now! I absoloutely love them, driving position is ace, i love the interior the seats everything bar the gearnob and indicators....

Great cars and gorgeous to boot, red with 19s full leather, xenons, sight and light, sat nav etc Price was over £26k

Xenons are FAR better than standard bulbs. Could never buy a car without them now. Its like driving by candle light

26k, I've got the recepit at home for ours when it left the forecourt, 22k he paid. Nutcase. Astons were dishing them out at the time for £17,995 with S&L

Much like the Arctic, it was priced up at 17,995 list price, we had ours on order for £15,500.

Xenons were only a £500 extra which I bet you could have got for £250.

I don't really get the Xenon thing, they look fantastic I must admit but I don't see an improvement in visibilty.
FruitBooTeR

2nd Feb 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personaly cant wait to get one!

Almost got enough so put a big deposit down on one.

Just gotta decide which colour and age to go for...I want a 57 plate or newer in red idealy but then I plan to get a remus etc so was thinking the amount they cost I should just pay more at the start and get a burg!

Not sure yet though.

The only thing that puts me off is its an expensive car and ill proberly be scared to drive it normaly as im used to driving little corsas!

I personaly like the 18's better and plan to get either TD's or Comps in the same size...I love the interior and with the SMD conversions they look amazing.

Read a few stories on vxronline of problems that seem quite common? like the turkey noise wtf? and electrical problems (keyless entry etc) but when you think thats only a small minority compared to how many are actualy on the site and how many people own them I think they should be like any other car...problems COULD happen..so if they do you just deal with it.
Fro

2nd Feb 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over £400 in tax
Jambo

2nd Feb 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turkey noise sounds like the turbo, all turbo cars can make that noise.

Olly Astons where dishing out pre registered 08 plates for 15k! Crezy cheap. windsor Vx wanted £18.5k for one with the 19s and mettalic paint!
Ojc

2nd Feb 10 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Over £400 in tax

Nope

Just under the bracket for Co2 emissions, £215 a year going up to £245 after April.

Turkey noise is the rubber diaphragm in the standard dump valve splitting, I'm on my second one now, first one was done under warranty by Thorney and this latest one went at Bedford. It has only happened since it was mapped and I've got a metal one from Forge on order to replace it.
FruitBooTeR

2nd Feb 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and one of the things I noticed when looking at them the other day in person was how horrible the rear parking sensors are!

Not all of them have them which is why ive not noticed before, but the ones with them look horrible IMO like they have just been stuck on with glue, and also on a few the paint is damaged around the edge of them so they stand out and look weird.
Andy Stocker

2nd Feb 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've forgotten what it's like to drive mine
Ojc

2nd Feb 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get one that doesn't have parking sensors and then get Vauxhall to fit them, if they aren't up to your standard keep sending it back until it is.

If you have a big deposit they will jump through hoops to get the deal done.
Fro

2nd Feb 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Over £400 in tax

Nope

My bad
FruitBooTeR

2nd Feb 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah I actually prefer them without parking sensors altogether, the rear looks much nicer and smooth, and I think I can manage to park using just my mirrors
Daimo B

2nd Feb 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When we got Donnas, the ONLY options they had were...

Paint
19" alloys
Sat Nav
Full Leather

We got them all bar the leather. From day 1 we wanted electric folding mirrors. 2 years later the buggers came out.

As Jamob has said, driving position really is superb. Makes it more comfy to driver properly with 2 hands on the wheel.

Few years later, they brought out all the bits we wanted

[Edited on 02-02-2010 by VXR]
Ben G

2nd Feb 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love astra vxr's.

quite rare round these parts aswell. haven't seen one (apart from the local saturday night hang out) for months.

ojc's 'burg is so much better looking than my focus.

only thing i'm not keen on are the options but that's been discussed here already.
Andy Stocker

2nd Feb 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the electric folding mirrors and cruise control on mine
big eck

2nd Feb 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the burg that much better than the standard VXR???

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Astra VXR 22 database queries in 0.2002840 seconds