corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B CDX - PIC HEAVY - 56k WARNING!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B CDX - PIC HEAVY - 56k WARNING!
sam_homepc
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jan 10 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Greetings CorsaSport, my name's Sam I'm from Southampton
Been on the site for a while, but as I use other sites too, never got round to doing a Project Thread!

So bare with me - it's gonna be a big post, but here are the details of my car!!! (copied from another thread so might not read amazingly well...)

Bought back in Jan '08, less than 50k, one owner, mint condition blah blah blah...

Here's how it started, first mods were generally quite chavtastic, but some were ok!

Chrome grill and wipers, blue side repeaters, debadged...

Next up was an overhaul of the audio and some blue interior lighting...

Then bought some custom door pods for speakers...

Then for some reason thoguht these looked good?!

YUCK! Lol.
Next, bought lots of colour-coded bits - roof rails, engine cover, boot surround, door handles...

After that it was bonnet lifters

And then heated seat switches (blue LED) ready for when I got Calibra leathers...

Then I came to my senses and replaced those horrible lights with clear MHWs

A silly purchase next really - PS2 install haha!

Time for a major mod - one of the best in my opinion - G-Max -40mm all round...

And a bit of a photo session!

So then after a long wait, something I'd wanted from day one - a badboy bonnet. It came in a carbon colour with the scoop already on, wasn't sure if it was gonna stay...

Oh and also bought Irmscher show plates for when they'd be needed, and some Irmscher Supertouring badges (which I put on wrong !)
Then I had a mad spending spree, new front and rear bumpers (which were colour coded as were the arches) some special plate holders, and a new back box, all of which are Irmscher; and also a Marea rear wiper and some Calibra Leathers!

All this warranted another impromptu photo session!

Then came my first ever show - PVS '09 (baaaaad weather!) oh and the night before believe it or not the car got vandalised but the show was enjoyable none the less!

Then got hold of some Irmscher door pins too...

So after the show, main priority was get it repaired for Trax '09, but as usual I got carried away and bought more gear! Black door cards, 16" BK Racing alloys, dropped the rear to -60mm, chrome angel eye lights chrome boot struts and also got the bonnet done at the same time as the bumper repairs...

Then another massive purchase, special retrimmed leather black/blue interior with front speaker builds (which I bought new speakers for) and also a smooth filler cap.
So once again, photo-time!

I changed the dials for special plasma ones next, and also lowered the rear -80mm, but that was no good as it rubbed like hell, so only stayed like it for an hour or so!

And finally to bring it up to date, a Dimma show cage, and stuff I got for Christmas - a nice Irmscher tax disc holder and some new cleaning gear which I used and took pictures to show how pleased I was!!!

So that is the last 24+ months of my car! On the list still to do:

Roll rear arches and add some rear camber so I can fit my -80mm rear springs again!
Upgrade front brakes to 280mm V6 brakes (sat in garage!)
Rear drum to disc conversion
Corsa D SXi 16" Alloys
Irmscher Side Skirts
Small repairs and colour coding jobs (handles, mirror bases, scuttle, bump strips)

AND.... eventually - c20let

Thankyou for reading, sorry it's such a massive first post, but hopefully it's quite an interesting thread
I'll keep updating as and when, and opinions are very welcome

Sam

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by sam_homepc]

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by sam_homepc]

Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B - Now Splitting
For Sale Thread
Jamie_Hastings1

6th Jan 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting to look good near the end mate. Pretty sure the Super Touring badges are the wrong way round.

And you cant roll your rear arches.

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by Jamie_Hastings1]
BLine_Sport

6th Jan 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like that mate
Neil Dagens

6th Jan 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice that mate, but would really benefit from the new wheels and skirts. Then maybe colour coded rub strip?

interior is proper smart though
sam_homepc
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie_Hastings1
Starting to look good near the end mate. Pretty sure the Super Touring badges are the wrong way round.

And you cant roll your rear arches.

[Edited on 06-01-2010 by Jamie_Hastings1]

Yeah I mentioned I rushed the badges and put them on the wrong way round, they're gonna be swapped soon. Also I'm sure I've seen people roll rear arches?! If not, it'll be all about the camber

quote:
Originally posted by BLine_Sport
I like that mate

Cheers bud!

quote:
Originally posted by Neil Dagens
looks nice that mate, but would really benefit from the new wheels and skirts. Then maybe colour coded rub strip?

interior is proper smart though

Yup, Irmy skirts are on the shopping list along with Corsa D SXi alloys. Rub strips will be colour coded when I have a few other bits done. Love my interior too

For Sale Thread
Rich H

6th Jan 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old door pins lol.

Like a lot of that, but also dislike some of it haha.

Interior looks great, and wheels you plan for the future also sound good. Would ditch the badges and fit standard or smoked rear lights too imo

Look forward to seeing this at the meet though
sam_homepc
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
My old door pins lol.

Like a lot of that, but also dislike some of it haha.

Interior looks great, and wheels you plan for the future also sound good. Would ditch the badges and fit standard or smoked rear lights too imo

Look forward to seeing this at the meet though

They are indeed Rich!
Yeah, meet should be good - hoping all traces of the bloody snow are dead and buried by then haha!

For Sale Thread
l15ter

6th Jan 10 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good apart from the rear lights, they dont look good on the car, but otherwise it looks good, but will look better with corsa d 16" sxi alloys and side skirts, cant wait to see that
sam_homepc
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l15ter
looks good apart from the rear lights, they dont look good on the car, but otherwise it looks good, but will look better with corsa d 16" sxi alloys and side skirts, cant wait to see that

I know a lot of people don't liek the clear MHWs, but I'm actually a big fan. Think the only thing I'd change them for is genuine Irmscher lights, but just can't warrant spending aound £160-£200 on them haha!

Hoping the new wheels will look this good...

For Sale Thread
*JonnyG*

6th Jan 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, what a car! Should get the other MHW lights, and then it will look the sex.
sam_homepc
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 20:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*
Wow, what a car! Should get the other MHW lights, and then it will look the sex.

Thanks buddy!

For Sale Thread
jonnysri

6th Jan 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its getting better lol
Adam C
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very nice, like whats already been said, a set of Irmscher skirts and some new rims and it would look superb

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
sam_homepc
Premium Member

6th Jan 10 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
Very nice, like whats already been said, a set of Irmscher skirts and some new rims and it would look superb

Thanks mate!

For Sale Thread
l15ter

6th Jan 10 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *JonnyG*

its true
jo1945

7th Jan 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good sam I think it'd look good with gunmetal bumper tops, arches and wheels, but that's just me lol. You can roll your rear arches, I've done it makes the plastic trim not fit as well if you do it too much though.
Can you do a tutorial when you do the rear camber? I can't figure it out and need pics
N16K

7th Jan 10 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some sideskirts and standard rear lights and black out the lower front grill and looks great. The wheels look fine, keep them. Nice car.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by N16K]
sam_homepc
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jo1945
Looking good sam I think it'd look good with gunmetal bumper tops, arches and wheels, but that's just me lol. You can roll your rear arches, I've done it makes the plastic trim not fit as well if you do it too much though.
Can you do a tutorial when you do the rear camber? I can't figure it out and need pics

Cheers Jo - how are my old wheels looking?!
Yeah, gonna have a word with a bodyshop about rear arches, get it done professionally so I don't mess it up!
If you go in Wooly's thread (best 12/13 cars for calendar?) in General Chat I think, VXR (Daimo) mentioned something about camber...

EDIT - here it is...

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Damiens tip for 2010.

Rear hubs, lower bolt. Remove bolt, add a small spacer ring, re-insert bolt (I loctited mine). The added 1mm at the bottom nut, means the top of the wheel sits inside the arch better. Then you can file away the metal a little, without causing any major cutting work of the arches.

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
Some sideskirts and standard rear lights and black out the lower front grill and looks great. The wheels look fine, keep them. Nice car.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by N16K]

Yeah, lower grill and fog light surrounds are going black. Irmy skirts when I can find some, but lights are staying

For Sale Thread
Ojc

7th Jan 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you buy this from Reading?
flybikeslee

7th Jan 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots better
sam_homepc
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Did you buy this from Reading?

No Portsmouth

For Sale Thread
thegsi

7th Jan 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good project that mate. Well done.
sam_homepc
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
lots better

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Looks a good project that mate. Well done.

Cheers gents!

For Sale Thread
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, i'm sure i mentioned in another thread i had bother fitting corsa d sxi wheels as they are ET40
sam_homepc
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
I like it, i'm sure i mentioned in another thread i had bother fitting corsa d sxi wheels as they are ET40

Thanks Archie, and yeah you did mention it - I'm still gonna try make them work though haha!

For Sale Thread

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden Blue Irmscher Corsa B CDX - PIC HEAVY - 56k WARNING! 24 database queries in 0.1971619 seconds