corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » help with amp to power this sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help with amp to power this sub
shrews corsa

User status: Offline
6th Mar 03 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am going to buy this sub but i need to know how much and which amp i could use to power it name as many as you can please and with prices if possible

thanks

12" Punch HE 200W RMS/400W Peak Woofer With Fiberlock Cone, Aluminium Former, LXCursionBasket, Hyper Xtended Pole Piece, Dual Laminated Progressive Flat Spider, BART Surround, Consealer Mounting Gasket and Rubber Magnet Boot, Ideal for Use in Small Sealed Enclosures.

SteveW

7th Mar 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK then matey.

You would want an Amp that is above the RMS anyway.

So>>>>
THese are all monoblocks(way better for running subs)

Alpine 300(cant remember the product number etc..)
Rockford 250
Pro Plus V800 (its a 2 chn)
You would be looking at spending around £200 for an amp to power the Rockford "properly". There are sooo many to choose from. Best idea would be to go to your nearest halfords and ask them which amps they can get in, which are around 250-300RMS. Not paying OVER £250

Thats about it mate.

Steve.
shrews corsa

7th Mar 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks for helping me
Jamie @ SAS

8th Mar 03 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Alpine MRD-300 wouldn't do 200w RMS if you paid it. Alpine amps aer awful for some unknown reason. Great Headunit's though.

I'd go for a Genesis Profile 2, it'll do the trick.

Only £200
corb

8th Mar 03 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the profile 4 mate, and have had problems with it going into protection mode in the past when its turned up, it overheats easily, thats the problem i think? The alpine is 300rms @ 2ohms anyway, and that subs only Single 4ohm voicecoil. Its 150rms @ 4ohms.
Jamie @ SAS

9th Mar 03 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. If it was a dual 4 then you're laughing.

As for your Profile 4 mate, I'd get that back to Gary and see what that's about, shouldn't be doing that at all. My P1 + P2 are fine.
TOMAS

9th Mar 03 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes thats a point, people forget that to get the most from these new Alpine mono-blocks they need to be dropped to 2ohms. Thankfully both of mine are at 2 ohms and trust it was a mission to get hold of the Alpine subs that have the correct coil configuration to do this!! Nearly had to get Alpine UK to import me some from the states where the are common as hell. CRAZY yanks, they love their low impedance and mono-blocks!

New Poll