corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Battlefield Bad Company 2 *news and chat thread*

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Battlefield Bad Company 2 *news and chat thread*
Adam_B

User status: Offline
29th Jan 10 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got 2 really important meetings tomorrow at uni, one at 8.30am

I DONT CARE
danny_vx

29th Jan 10 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao
Eck
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So it's good then chaps? Cannot fucking wait for this. With MAG and BFBC2 I won't have a life
dannymccann

29th Jan 10 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the vid from post 1 It looks so much better than CoD, I couldnt play last night due to my internetz being slow as fook, (140mb an hour from XBL ) but tonight will give this a bash
chris_uk
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its good, but needs some optimising.

the dameage which i was terrified about is actually ok

runs like shit on my pc tho.. time for an upgrade!
MoesTavern

29th Jan 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quick impressions:

graphics don't look much improved from the first one to me, textures are gash (360)

Sound is still amazing, even more so than before. It's actually quite scary sometimes when the shit hits the fan all around you.

It didn't take long for the old rage to resurface at incompetent team-mates. In COD it's more or less every man for himself especially with TDM, so shite players on your team don't really hinder you. But when a game needs people to co-operate to complete objectives you're at the mercy of the cheb-ends on xbox live to help you out. Unless you're playing with friends it's a complete waste of time.

Also every cunt is a sniper as usual, even when attacking.
Liam

29th Jan 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking wank. Can't get any of the fileplay mirrors to let me download it. Can't believe they didn't host it on their own servers

Edit - anyone who wants the PC version - >>Try This<<

[Edited on 29-01-2010 by Liam]
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The graphics are bound to be worse, it's a BETA with 1.5gb worth of data, wait for the full game which will include everything.
Adam_B

29th Jan 10 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, very similar to the first. I went to bed about 3.30, my early meeting went well, one this afternoon though not so.

I dont actually know what it was about cos i was thinking if you drive a tank into a building does it bring it down?

[Edited on 29-01-2010 by Adam_B]
ashleh

29th Jan 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing brilliant imo. It's too slow, too much happening around you and the running is really awkward to control.

I guess I've been playing COD too long lol.
Dom

29th Jan 10 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i right in thinking you need a code to play the closed beta?
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For Pc yes Dom, for xbox you just download it.

I really like it, been playing for a few hours today. I was sniping in a building, next minute a tank shell comes through the wall next to me and blows my cover. I moved over to the other side of the room and BOOM another shell which leaves me completely open, next minute I'm trying to climb down a ladder and a tank shell hits the building and completely demolishes it killing me in the process. I love the destructable enviroment, practically everything can be destroyed. Team work is a must, we was 3 up in a vehicle defending, I was firing the weapon off the side of the vehicle and when ever we got hit another player would jump out and repair the vehicle it's better than any recent COD in every type of way, can't wait for the full game.

[Edited on 29-01-2010 by DannyB]
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Jan 10 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's allready been an update to the BETA, it's good that Dice are on the ball and have fired out a patch allready.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/881193-new-client.html
harrisp

30th Jan 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been playing this morning, its pretty good, will be getting the full game when it comes out. Cant wait.
dannymccann

30th Jan 10 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was playing last night, until around 8pm when my connection caught up with me and I couldnt shoot anything Seems very good though, might be worth a purchase, shame it only came with 1 map / game type, not too keen on the search and destroy esque game type

edit - also, I know its a Battlefield thing, but the respawn limit is a bit shit, I would prefer games to either end when the defending team loses, or when the time limit is up

[Edited on 30-01-2010 by dannymccann]
Liam

30th Jan 10 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still need to download this
Dom

30th Jan 10 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
For Pc yes Dom, for xbox you just download it.

Yeah, i've been hanging off the i3d.net website as they've been giving them away, even knocked up a quick program to automate huge lists of keys but haven't had any luck in getting one over the last two days

btw, you ever get COD4 sorted?
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Jan 10 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate gave up with COD4, I only have WaW left on my computer, MW and MW2 have been un-installed.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jan 10 at 04:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome game, I've been flying round in the little UAV helicopter that calls in the missiles, sit up high looking down on the map guiding the lasar for the missiles.
dannymccann

31st Jan 10 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been trying to fly the helicopters but all I do is crash and burn when I try to fire Im well shit with this, the only helicopters I could ever control were on GTA
Jambo

31st Jan 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No mate gave up with COD4, I only have WaW left on my computer, MW and MW2 have been un-installed.

this is due to WAW being far superior.
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Jan 10 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

danny whats your name on it? ill try add you.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jan 10 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4o4_

You might be able to add by email?not sure, not tried it yet.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jan 10 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
quote:

this is due to WAW being far superior.

Indeed, although I very rarely play that now.

I can't beleive how good the audio is in this game, change your sound settings to 'war tapes' aswell, it's much better. I love the guided missiles you can fire, I took a helicopter out with one yesterday I use the mortar strikes a lot now aswell, on the recon class. You can call them in every 2 minutes I think. I can't wait for the full game now to play the other maps, think I've played it for about 7 hours total. There's people who have played for close to 40 hours allready
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Jan 10 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just had a nice game, just unlocked the scar. just like the first engineer weapon but with 30 rounds a clip

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll